User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INFJ 4s

MBTI
    INXJ

Default INFJ 4s

The conventional type theory formula for INFJs is INFJ=Ni primary + Fe auxiliary. But many INFJs are Enneagram 4’s and there is little Fe about 4, which is a mix of introverted feeling and introverted intuition. The INFJ 4 (or INFJ with heavy 4 wing) is a different kind of INFJ, the kind more likely to be described as “strange” and “mysterious” because they're dom functions are Ni and Fi rather than Ni and Fe like other INFJs. Using myself as an example, I’m either an INFJ or close to it because I score high in Fi on the functions test, which is about equal to my Te function, and which corresponds to my heavy 4 wing. My Fe score is the second to lowest. So if I’m an INFJ, it’s because of high Fi, not high Fe. This is very different from an INFJ who fits the convetional Ni + Fe formula, who I imagine would seem more like a “normal” person.

I’d like to know how INFJ 4s here score on their Fi/Fe functions.
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    "Space was big, and the boys from Earth were awed despite themselves by the things they found there: but worse, their science was in a mess. Every race they met on their way through the Core had a star drive based on a different theory. All those theories worked, even when they ruled out one another’s basic assumptions. You could travel between the stars, it began to seem, by assuming anything.”

—M. John Harrison, “Light”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ni expressed through Fe can look a lot like Fi. but there is no such thing as an INFJ with Ni and Fi -- that would be INTJ...

enneagram type 4 makes sense for INFJs because Ni provides an individualistic stream of data that is acted out through Fe. Fe itself conforms to the feeling sentiments of the current environment, but since Ni dominates, the viewpoints expressed are often unique ways of viewing those feeling standards...

it does not take Fi to be individualistic.
    INFJ 1>5>2 IPS (1w9 sx/sp)
    MBTI function to type calculator
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm an INFJ type 4w5, and on functions tests my Fi has always been quite high. It does depend on the day I take it, but on a few occasions it was the highest function, followed by Ni. In fact the cognitive function test that is thrown around on this site the most has always typed me as INFP, with INFJ only once.

I am always striving for growth and self-actualization and all of that. And for a type 4, the self-actualization/individualist thing is our prime motivator. To try to achieve that self awareness, one does have to have a good grasp of Fi (and other cog. functions assist with that too).

But even if Fi is high for me now, it hasn't always been so. I think my Fi has only really become strong in the past 4 yrs or so -- I don't think I was terribly emotionally aware prior to that. I stifled all of it, and didn't readily recognize my own needs or desires. I'm consciously paying attention to my emotional state these days, and have more of a balance between the Fi/Fe (well, I think I do!), and because I'm focusing on the Fi stuff more, I'm positive that's why I'm testing the way I am.

I also think there's a distinction between Fi things that I recognize in myself, and personally think are strong, vs. dominant Fi in action. I think there's probably a large difference between the two -- the Fi I pay attention to and value within me, vs. Fi in someone who really has it as a backbone of their perceptions and approach to life.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Ni expressed through Fe can look a lot like Fi. but there is no such thing as an INFJ with Ni and Fi -- that would be INTJ...
    Could you explain why Ni+Fi is INTJ? I haven't taken the socionics test yet, but I've tested close to the border on INFJ and INFP, and Ni and Fi are definitely my most used functions. How could Fe manifest itself as Fi? Wouldn't that make it Fi? Also if Ni and Fi were your first two functions, what would be the order for the other six? Thanks.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Wait, is it the socionics test that tells you the order of your cognitive processes? If not, what test does?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    Could you explain why Ni+Fi is INTJ? I haven't taken the socionics test yet, but I've tested close to the border on INFJ and INFP, and Ni and Fi are definitely my most used functions. How could Fe manifest itself as Fi? Wouldn't that make it Fi? Also if Ni and Fi were your first two functions, what would be the order for the other six? Thanks.
    An INTJ with Ni 1st and Fi 2nd would still act things out through Te. (Just like me, but with Ni 1st and Ti 2nd acting things out through Fe.)

Also, you can't trust processes tests to tell you the strength of your processes. You have to do your own research/introspection.

deleted

This shit makes functions sound too limited, and you can be an INFJ with Fi and Fe tied. Not too accepted though.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

I'm pretty sure my thought is internalized as well though. The only one I can't figure out is my Inferior Function. How do I determine if it's Si or Se? The descriptions online aren't a lot to go on since I don't use either that much.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Actually, I've been looking at the cognitive processes a lot these past several days, and I don't fit any of the patterns, per se. I developed both Ni and Fi extensively (at a young age), and Fe and Ne somewhat later and to a lesser degree. I also just realized that I am not very developed logically or sensually, although I do have the preferences of Ti and Si over Te and Se. I know I am not developed in these areas because I don't think linearly (I kind of jump from thought to thought- and this limits my capacity to express myself in both my speech and in my writing) and I also have poor short term memory when it comes to what actually took place in certain scenarios (while having strong long term memories of the significances and emotional values of certain events). My question is, since I began developing the processes for two separate patterns, and I guess am overdeveloped with regard to intuition and feeling, to what extent would I have the capacity to develop Ti and Si?
    I know this is totally a matter of speculation, but for those who are well-read about the processes, I'm eager to hear your opinion.

its its really very constructive discussion
    The ase certification and cisco ccie is worldwide accredited certification that validates in a+ certification practice test and ccent course with the professional’s knowledge and skills of IT system security.