User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INFJ 4s

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

What I want to know is how is type 4 a mixture of Fi and Ni? Explain the INTP 4's... ISFJ 4's... ENFJ 4's etc.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

If you want to use socionics then having Ni+Fe as the two strong conscious functions will give Ne+Fi as strong unconscious functions. Maybe some see this as a way of making everything broader to escape more mistakes than MBTI, but either way you get to make that choice.

In orbit Array
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    The conventional type theory formula for INFJs is INFJ=Ni primary + Fe auxiliary. But many INFJs are Enneagram 4’s and there is little Fe about 4, which is a mix of introverted feeling and introverted intuition. The INFJ 4 (or INFJ with heavy 4 wing) is a different kind of INFJ, the kind more likely to be described as “strange” and “mysterious” because they're dom functions are Ni and Fi rather than Ni and Fe like other INFJs. Using myself as an example, I’m either an INFJ or close to it because I score high in Fi on the functions test, which is about equal to my Te function, and which corresponds to my heavy 4 wing. My Fe score is the second to lowest. So if I’m an INFJ, it’s because of high Fi, not high Fe. This is very different from an INFJ who fits the convetional Ni + Fe formula, who I imagine would seem more like a “normal” person.

I’d like to know how INFJ 4s here score on their Fi/Fe functions.
    My Ni and Ne are highest. Ni highest of all functions, then Fe and Fi, after that low Ti and Te, followed by very weak Se and no Si. I recently read an interesting post where the MBTI test was criticized for the questions measuring Fe not being so good...I wish I could remember where I read it...
    I think it's pretty revealing to look at the proportions. INFJs are predominant Intuitives whereas INFPs are predominant feelers. Scoring mostly F followed by N and being an introvert I'd stick into the INFP pile, scoring high N reading with lower F and being an introvert it's the INFJ pile for you. It get's more confusing when you bring the judgey-perceivery thing into play as Ni is actually a perceiving function and Fi a judging function. The neatness of your sock drawer is no indication of either. The organization of your mind is probably more the key, INFJs being more like a huge filing system and INFPs an organic sprawly bush (someone put my analogies out of their misery... ;D ) but it's hard to compare minds.
    I found it useful when figuring out my enneagram to delve into what is your primal fear. For me it was clear cut as I had a profound fear of not having an identity when I was a child. I don't know if MBTI and enneagram are compatible systems. Judging by the vast variety of MBTI types that are 4 I'd say no. I thing judging what your enneagram type is (or MBTI for that matter) is always best left to the individual because no stranger can tell what it looks like inside you and what your greatest fear is.

Symbolic Herald Array

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    I'd like to know how INFJ 4s here score on their Fi/Fe functions.
    I relate most to INFJ 4w5, but I'm not married to any typological category, really. As far as how I "score" it varies quite a bit depending on the test, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Ni - 37.4
    Fe - 33.5
    Si - 29.5
    Ne - 29.4
    Ti - 28.5
    Fi - 28.4
    Te - 28.4
    Se - 25.5

Ni - 39.9
    Ne - 35.9
    Fe - 31.1
    Fi - 30
    Si - 28.1
    Te - 26.9
    Ti - 25.7
    Se - 22.8

Ni - 39.2
    Fe - 36.6
    Ne - 35.3
    Fi - 33.4
    Te - 30.2
    Si - 26.6
    Ti - 22.9
    Se - 16
    Your cognitive functions are, in order of preference:
    Fe - Ne - Ni - Te - Si - Fi - Ti - Se

(Fe) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.91 very developed
    (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.46 moderate
    (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.95 moderate
    (Te) |||||||||||||||||| 8.47 moderate
    (Si) |||||||||||||| 6 moderate
    (Fi) ||||||||||||| 5.79 moderate
    (Ti) ||||||||||| 4.76 moderate
    (Se) |||||| 2.03 poorly developed
    Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely: INFJ
    or Second Possibility: ENFJ
    or Third Possibility: ENTJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Ni - Fe - Te - Fi - Si - Ti - Se - Ne

Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.34 very developed
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.91 very developed
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||| 6.93 moderate
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||| 5.94 moderate
    Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||| 5.93 moderate
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||| 4.99 moderate
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||| 0.57 low
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || -0.24 poorly developed
    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (64%)
    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (56%)
    Ti (Introverted Thinking) (54%)
    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (53%)
    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (53%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (43%)
    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (37%)
    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%)

based on your results your type is likely - entp
    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (58%)
    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (57%)
    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (54%)
    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (48%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (47%)
    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (45%)
    Si (Introverted Sensing) (38%)
    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (28%)

based on your results your type is likely - infj

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm an INFJ 4w5 with a heavy 5-wing. Usually my functional order varies between Ni-Fe-Te, Ni-Te-Fe, Ni-Fe-Ti, or in some tests I end up getting Ni-Fi-Te. Being involved with both the arts and sciences exacerbates type 4 creativity traits, I think. I have a tendency to romanticize theories, even though one shouldn't fall in love with hypotheses since they haven't been proven yet. I greatly enjoy music, composing and performance, as well as drawing, dance, a bit of acting, photography, and the like. I take science as an artform of its own, not only just studying it for the information, but seeing beauty in the theory. If anything, people that know me well know that I am a Romantic to the core, so the Type 4 traits work. Heavy 5-wing tends to give it a bit of the geek girl style to it.

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

i am definitely an infj type 4 but i don't think i've ever taken a cognitive functions test. i also admit i don't really understand much of this cognitive functions stuff as i learned about type from kiersey and some mbti tests i have taken. i think i come at it a bit more holistically whereas the functions seem to parse it all into little bits. maybe this is why people change type so much on this site? i've wondered why i see that so often here. (btw, that isn't a criticism but just an observation.) so, i just took a test at similar minds and here are the results. i'll let you guys tell me what it all means.

Extroversion (46%) / Introversion (47%)

Sensation (24%) / Intuition (57%)

Thinking (48%) / Feeling (51%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (39%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (61%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (43%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (31%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (32%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (49%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (49%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

based on your results your type is likely - intp
    i find it weird that they didn't test for j/p and yet tell me i'm an intp which i can relate to on occasion but know i'm not.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

- Maria Callas
    - Prince
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    - Nathaniel Hawthorn
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - Prince

Type 4 INFJs:

4w3 so/sx Cate Blanchett
    4w5 so/sp Marylin Manson
    4w5 so/sp Iris Murdoch
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

It seems the majority of INFJs on this, and most, MBTI sites type as 4. I'm sure many are, but I've also expressed my thoughts here and there about how many may not be.
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I'm either a 4w5 or 5w4. My highest function scores are Ni, Ne, Ti, and Fi. They are all at the high end of the spectrum, so my only extroverted function that makes a real showing is Ne. My Fe is moderately low on scores and in descriptions I'd have to say I don't have the regular sort of Fe. What Fe is to me is the ability to internalize emotions and thoughts from people outside myself. It isn't keeping track of social niceties, rules, and social structures or hierarchies. I'm lost with those skills and cope socially by smiling at people and not saying much besides a few compliments, listening to them and especially avoiding rude statements. I have a strong external component for empathy and responding to external emotional cues, but it is based on one individual at a time. Groups overwhelm me with too many emotional/cognitive cues so much that I had to quit teaching in a classroom setting and find employment where I could work with one at a time.

Parts of the E4 fit with me, and technically I might actually fit the category of "highly sensitive personality type", but I don't want that as my identity because even though I have heightened reactions to things, I feel I am tougher than average because of it. I take a medication to quiet nerve function because I tend to have chronic pain and anxiety, and I know I don't fit the "norm" for thinking and behavior, but I'm not sure how to describe what it is. My world is primarily internal, but it is a big world because I internalize everything I encounter, so it isn't like I just ignore or reject the external world and the people in it, but just have to process it inside in order to make sense of it.

Edit: this may be TMI, but I was recently having a conversation with an individual in the creative arts (well established and brought in to present) and he said that I seemed extremely inward like I was solely in my mind. He asked if I had a deeply subjective experience that influenced my work and thinking because he noticed something about my face being highly expressive. He also said I was "strange", but he meant it as a compliment and English was not his first language. He was an elderly man and extremely intuitive. It embarrassed me a little because it felt like my cover was blown. I think most people see me in a very conventional way because I am so quiet and don't try to shock or confuse, so it was a surprising feeling to have someone see through it and verbalize it to me.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY