User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    lol, wut

  2. #22
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lol, wut
    You are not a victim to your personality patterns. Just because you are s SX eight doesnt mean anything about you as a person, if you really are as bad as you say you are(though I dont know who put it in your head that you are that bad) then "just being that way" is not an excuse.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    My post was sarcasm. The sense of entitlement in the op made me gag.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    My post was sarcasm. The sense of entitlement in the op made me gag.
    Entitlement? I just reread it and it looks like a statement from a hurting person.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Entitlement? I just reread it and it looks like a statement from a hurting person.
    Yes. Obviously.

    Thanks. I am asking because I want to know, was it okay for someone to dump me, because I didn't meet these supreme standards of beauty and success, because of his type or if he is just immature.
    Unfortunately, as already stated, its not up to you to decide who dumps you or not.

    Should I just let Fi doms wallow in self deception? Am I being an asshole right now for not allowing this to happen? This is a legit ethical question.

    I'll give some life advice on the matter without reading my previous posts to see if I already gave it or not:
    Be who you are and say what you mean. The people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    My post was sarcasm. The sense of entitlement in the op made me gag.
    Oh thank god.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Entitlement? I just reread it and it looks like a statement from a hurting person.
    Well it's okay for anyone to dump you, and that's what he means by sense of entitlement. I mean, you can't tell someone they aren't allowed to break up with you.

    On the other hand, I completely understand what you're saying, your ex sounds like a Cluster B personality waiting to strike, saying he loves you and is suicidal without you but that he, um, deserves someone prettier and more successful; I don't know why you think he's an 8, he seems like an unhealthy 3 to me, very focused on externals for validation even at the expense of his own happiness.

    And if I were you, I'd just get as far away from him as possible. In fact, try to look at him breaking up with you as a blessing. Thank him daily.

    Just try it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Thanks. I am asking because I want to know, was it okay for someone to dump me, because I didn't meet these supreme standards of beauty and success, because of his type or if he is just immature. Please don't sweet talk me, but don't be mean either. Also consider, it's not that he just wasn't into me. He fell hard, I even think he was suicidal on occasion from dumping me, but kept insisting that he deserved someone like me, in the sense of being a loving type of family women, but better and much more successful and prettier. He rubbed this other girl in my face and said on a blog he knew I was reading that she was "illuminating," while I was plain. But then he goes right back into despair, blaming, and saying life is so cruel to him and that he made a huge mistake and still hopes for a chance, even though he wont go for it. He is such a fucking, pathetic little boy.
    This guy sounds more like an unhealthy 6 to me than an 8.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    My post was sarcasm. The sense of entitlement in the op made me gag.
    I don't think it's a matter of someone having the right or not having the right to dump another. That's not what this is about. Usually it's entitled people who bring up and use the word "rights."

    That's great if you are proud of being a Type Eight, but it doesn't make you stronger to magnify it; actually the magnification looks more like little man syndrome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    You are not a victim to your personality patterns. Just because you are s SX eight doesnt mean anything about you as a person, if you really are as bad as you say you are(though I dont know who put it in your head that you are that bad) then "just being that way" is not an excuse.
    Exactly.

  10. #30
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    That is so funny, because I have thought the same thing, but I'm sure he is an Eight with a little bit of Four and Five. It seems like everyone who is or was significant in his life, he applies all of these extremely unrealistic selfish, one-sided expectations on them, all while not feeling like he needs to measure up to anyone else's needs, and of course he always has a way of justifying his though, usually blaming it on people who have absolutely nothing to do with where he is now or where he is going. For example, it seems like he over his x-wife and doesn't seem to have ever had strong feelings for her in the first place, which rather than saying they were a bad match, I bet he blames her for that, but years later he still bad mouths her for the failed marriage. Maybe he feels like a failure for getting a divorce, but rather than accepting that we all make mistakes, he has to have someone to blame. I guess that answers my questions, he can't accept me, because he can't accept himself, because he is sick in the head. I hate that guy with a passion. I know you probably think I'm hateful, and I guess I am, but if he got hit by a bus, I would feel so good.
    Signs of a 1.

    1's anger and 8's anger look the same....but they are for VERY different reasons.

    I have not had good encounters with 1's because they're resentful. An 8 will allow someone to prove that they can be a better person and I find it hard to get a 1 to do that.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 07-04-2017, 03:03 AM
  2. [ISFJ] ISFJ Personality Traits - What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By chatoyer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  3. [ESFP] What does an unhealthy ESFP look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  4. [ISFJ] What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:28 AM
  5. [ENFP] What does an ENFP love to hear?
    By DeVie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO