Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Can Ti-doms be Type 4?

Because a lot of people on Ventrilo and throughout the forum have been telling me that they think I'm a Ti-dom 4w5. I'm wondering if that's even possible. Still, a lot of people think it, so it may indeed be true. By the way, descriptions on Type 4 and how it relates to Ti would also be a benevolent development.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

From what I've gathered about fours with a thinking dom or aux function, the magnetism of their tertiary or inferior feeling function is a special temptation and challenge for them. How does the inferior Fe description in here resonate with you and your issues?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Webslinger I think my inferior Fe is actually quite developed. I like to express myself with enthusiasm and take a holistic view when harmonizing with the global beliefs. Anyway, that was a very in-depth article, so I couldn't really narrow in my focus to it, but in short, I do indeed suspend logical analysis often in favor of repressed feelings. This can lead to rash and impulsive decisions, but it fulfills my own heart's desire and makes me feel hapy, so I find it quite useful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I don't think you're a 4. also I miss your old name

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@greenfairy could be a Ti-dom (most certainly INTP if Ti-dom; not ISTP) 4w5 (or 5w4) sx/sp. Would you like to offer any opinion?

WALMART

If you did, it would be for flair - to express your developed Fi and such. Theoretically, I think there will likely always be better fits... maybe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Did you ever consider INFJ? You definitely fall on the Ti-Fe axis based on a few posts I've seen. Anyway, I can clearly say that you don't strike me as a 5, and most definitely not a 5w4. I should know better than anyone. Also, I'm a feeling dom and a 5. The combination is quite possible and not strange at all. The way it plays out with me is that my inferior has become such an integral aspect of my thinking it completely overshadows my dominant which is why people think I'm an INTJ or INTP and I come across like an ExTJ.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

To start out with, a sort of Venn Diagram: http://www.intpcentral.com/uploads/INTP4.png

Quotes from those who identify as Ti-dom 4, from INTPcentral:

Quote Originally Posted by an INTP 4w5
    Of course it brings the curse of being ever misunderstood, but, well, it's not like people understand (and most importantly WANT to understand) INTP's either. So, I will die alone but at least will remain Me. Perhaps I will manage to fulfil a dream or two along the way, too? Contrary to the popular believe we.. always look on the bright side of life ;> ('always look on the bright side of death... just before you draw your terminal breath' - what would be life without good old Monthy...? Horrible to even think about it...) The so called love for macabre shows in my black sense of humour (sometimes very black&dry indeed... like a funeral drum) and the appreciation of dark themes - especially in literature. Though I find them either amusing or appealing to the sublime, so no tragic nature/desire to die here. Death is my favourite literary motif, yes, but you must admit it IS multidimensional and completely abstract and as such a good point for contemplations.
    It feels like your entire psyche is a house and you're a little kid looking in all the nooks and crannies, cabinets and corners exploring everything. It's especially fun to go into the attic or basement to go through the dusty, darker cobwebbed areas that most people prefer to stay away from. Leave no area unexplored no matter how dark or frightening it may be. I suppose the five wing kicks in when you take your discoveries and then dissect, analyze, re-assemble and analyze them some more without a shred of emotional attachment.
    The best way I can describe it (adding to _idiosyncracies explanation): constantly yearning for something, whether it be a place, a person, a feeling; nostalgia; quixotic thoughts and dreams; a perpetual state of melancholy (even when I am having an enjoyable time); an understanding of all things dark and lonely...
    Quote Originally Posted by another INTP 4w5
    suddenly my obsession with satanism and vampires comes to light. 4w5 also have a tendency for the dark and brutal, but it seems tempered with a greater dispensation towards sunshine and lollipops on the flip side.
    Quote Originally Posted by an INTP 4w3
    I think I match to the 4's profile quite well, being I creative and way too much creative, but I don't have the inclination to sadness and depression that many 4 have.
    I have a huge interest into the occult, practicing several things,such as tarot. My perception of reality is slightly skewered compared to others, I believe. Since I am already very reserved, I tend to hide in my mind to dwell in a life that I would see that is much better than actuality. I also have some-what of a superiority complex, where I look down on all my peers and I can't help but individualize myself, but when in all honestly, I may be just the same..
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP 4
    as has been said before, it's a real push-pull. I'll be a music director soon, and right now, I'm loving it. Seeing a kid succeed, or even make the smallest accomplishment at rehearsal is priceless. Pure INTP. It's weird.
    I have a harder time seeing an ISTP 4, though I believe that any combination is ultimately possible. With INTP, 4 mostly overlaps with elements of N and IxxP. Besides entitlement, creativity, and aloofness, ISTP's traits are usually antithetic to 4 because of their practical grounding and action-orientation. Short of ISFPs, I'm guessing that far less Ss compared to Ns are 4s because 4 is so characterized by heavy engagement of romantic idealization.

I continue to think you seem far more NeTi than TiSeNi, but carry on with self-discovery You are easily identified by an ever-moving kaleidoscope of cosmically-oriented information, colored by a penchant for excitement and a pinch of uncertainty... Seems ENTP 7w6 to me... ;]
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't know enough about the Enneagram system other than when things that pertain to Type 5, but it seems entirely possible, to me, that you might be something other than a 5, just from what I've observed during my time here. That being said, I don't "get" NTJ's as well as I get "NTP's", so I'd take it with a grain of salt. It could be that the non-5'ness is really just standard Ni stuff. And the only function that baffles me more than Ni is Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT
    The way it plays out with me is that my inferior has become such an integral aspect of my thinking it completely overshadows my dominant which is why people think I'm an INTJ or INTP and I come across like an ExTJ.
    If you don't mind me asking, shouldn't this mean that your dominant function is a T, and thus, you are not an NF at all? If it overshadows your dominant, doesn't this make your thinking function your dominant?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think we're all drunk

thinking of you