• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Can Ti-doms be Type 4?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because a lot of people on Ventrilo and throughout the forum have been telling me that they think I'm a Ti-dom 4w5. I'm wondering if that's even possible. Still, a lot of people think it, so it may indeed be true. By the way, descriptions on Type 4 and how it relates to Ti would also be a benevolent development.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I've gathered about fours with a thinking dom or aux function, the magnetism of their tertiary or inferior feeling function is a special temptation and challenge for them. How does the inferior Fe description in here resonate with you and your issues?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] I think my inferior Fe is actually quite developed. I like to express myself with enthusiasm and take a holistic view when harmonizing with the global beliefs. Anyway, that was a very in-depth article, so I couldn't really narrow in my focus to it, but in short, I do indeed suspend logical analysis often in favor of repressed feelings. This can lead to rash and impulsive decisions, but it fulfills my own heart's desire and makes me feel hapy, so I find it quite useful.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think you're a 4. also I miss your old name :cry:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] could be a Ti-dom (most certainly INTP if Ti-dom; not ISTP) 4w5 (or 5w4) sx/sp. Would you like to offer any opinion?

W

WALMART

If you did, it would be for flair - to express your developed Fi and such. Theoretically, I think there will likely always be better fits... maybe.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you ever consider INFJ? You definitely fall on the Ti-Fe axis based on a few posts I've seen. Anyway, I can clearly say that you don't strike me as a 5, and most definitely not a 5w4. I should know better than anyone. Also, I'm a feeling dom and a 5. The combination is quite possible and not strange at all. The way it plays out with me is that my inferior has become such an integral aspect of my thinking it completely overshadows my dominant which is why people think I'm an INTJ or INTP and I come across like an ExTJ.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To start out with, a sort of Venn Diagram: http://www.intpcentral.com/uploads/INTP4.png

Quotes from those who identify as Ti-dom 4, from INTPcentral:

an INTP 4w5 said:
Of course it brings the curse of being ever misunderstood, but, well, it's not like people understand (and most importantly WANT to understand) INTP's either. So, I will die alone but at least will remain Me. Perhaps I will manage to fulfil a dream or two along the way, too? Contrary to the popular believe we.. always look on the bright side of life ;> ('always look on the bright side of death... just before you draw your terminal breath' - what would be life without good old Monthy...? Horrible to even think about it...) The so called love for macabre shows in my black sense of humour (sometimes very black&dry indeed... like a funeral drum) and the appreciation of dark themes - especially in literature. Though I find them either amusing or appealing to the sublime, so no tragic nature/desire to die here. Death is my favourite literary motif, yes, but you must admit it IS multidimensional and completely abstract and as such a good point for contemplations.

an INTP 4w5 said:
It feels like your entire psyche is a house and you're a little kid looking in all the nooks and crannies, cabinets and corners exploring everything. It's especially fun to go into the attic or basement to go through the dusty, darker cobwebbed areas that most people prefer to stay away from. Leave no area unexplored no matter how dark or frightening it may be. I suppose the five wing kicks in when you take your discoveries and then dissect, analyze, re-assemble and analyze them some more without a shred of emotional attachment.

an INTP 4w5 said:
The best way I can describe it (adding to _idiosyncracies explanation): constantly yearning for something, whether it be a place, a person, a feeling; nostalgia; quixotic thoughts and dreams; a perpetual state of melancholy (even when I am having an enjoyable time); an understanding of all things dark and lonely...

another INTP 4w5 said:
suddenly my obsession with satanism and vampires comes to light. 4w5 also have a tendency for the dark and brutal, but it seems tempered with a greater dispensation towards sunshine and lollipops on the flip side.

an INTP 4w3 said:
I think I match to the 4's profile quite well, being I creative and way too much creative, but I don't have the inclination to sadness and depression that many 4 have.

an INTP 4w5 said:
I have a huge interest into the occult, practicing several things,such as tarot. My perception of reality is slightly skewered compared to others, I believe. Since I am already very reserved, I tend to hide in my mind to dwell in a life that I would see that is much better than actuality. I also have some-what of a superiority complex, where I look down on all my peers and I can't help but individualize myself, but when in all honestly, I may be just the same..

INTP 4 said:
as has been said before, it's a real push-pull. I'll be a music director soon, and right now, I'm loving it. Seeing a kid succeed, or even make the smallest accomplishment at rehearsal is priceless. Pure INTP. It's weird.

I have a harder time seeing an ISTP 4, though I believe that any combination is ultimately possible. With INTP, 4 mostly overlaps with elements of N and IxxP. Besides entitlement, creativity, and aloofness, ISTP's traits are usually antithetic to 4 because of their practical grounding and action-orientation. Short of ISFPs, I'm guessing that far less Ss compared to Ns are 4s because 4 is so characterized by heavy engagement of romantic idealization.

I continue to think you seem far more NeTi than TiSeNi, but carry on with self-discovery :) You are easily identified by an ever-moving kaleidoscope of cosmically-oriented information, colored by a penchant for excitement and a pinch of uncertainty... Seems ENTP 7w6 to me... ;]

Attachments

• INTP4.jpg
    INTP4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 6

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know enough about the Enneagram system other than when things that pertain to Type 5, but it seems entirely possible, to me, that you might be something other than a 5, just from what I've observed during my time here. That being said, I don't "get" NTJ's as well as I get "NTP's", so I'd take it with a grain of salt. It could be that the non-5'ness is really just standard Ni stuff. And the only function that baffles me more than Ni is Fi.

LeaT said:
The way it plays out with me is that my inferior has become such an integral aspect of my thinking it completely overshadows my dominant which is why people think I'm an INTJ or INTP and I come across like an ExTJ.

If you don't mind me asking, shouldn't this mean that your dominant function is a T, and thus, you are not an NF at all? If it overshadows your dominant, doesn't this make your thinking function your dominant?

Jaguar

Because a lot of people on Ventrilo and throughout the forum have been telling me that they think I'm a Ti-dom 4w5.... a lot of people think it, so it may indeed be true.

Popularity of opinion =/= truth.

S

Society

Statistically unlikely, apearently... Though I cant say I see why.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Statistically unlikely, apearently... Though I cant say I see why.

There is no official reliable and valid statistical source cross-comparing systems. Even if there is, it would most likely be based on stereotypes which would just reinforce what we already know e.g. Pe dominants are 7s which simply belies the fact that people know shit about both the MBTI and enneagram for most of the part.

S

Society

There is no official reliable and valid statistical source cross-comparing systems. Even if there is, it would most likely be based on stereotypes which would just reinforce what we already know e.g. Pe dominants are 7s which simply belies the fact that people know shit about both the MBTI and enneagram for most of the part.

There is helpful cross referancing data from here and perC, which yes, does assume people type themselves correctly, and given how many versions you have of understanding either, the larger majority wont qualify by you as undestanding them... Most likely neither would whichever happens to be the correct one. So the collective estimate of the defonitions is as useful as the system gets.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've always assumed any INTP or ISTP who thinks they're a 4 is an INFJ.

It happens... A LOT

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know we have an INTj who is e4 :thinking:

Are we saying that Fi is needed for e4 and if so what about the INFJs that type e4?

And if not..why would an INTP be less of a candidate for e4 than an INTJ?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think INTJs or INTPs who think they are 4s are likely 5w4s or just totally mistyped. I don't believe "any combo is possible" when it comes to egram & MBTI.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was once typed INTJ 4w5 by an experienced typist. Obviously I approached that order with hesitance, but the functions all seemed right. Ni-Fi issues are Ni-Fi issues both ways. :p

R

Riva

Most type you as a 5w4. I haven't seen you typed as a 4w5 ever. Either you had a data input and interpretation failure like you seem to often have or I haven't simply seen them.

Also I wonder why others type you as a 5w4 and not 5w6.