User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can Ti-doms be Type 4?

7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Anyway, there's zero correlation between functions and personality motivations. If INTPs share judging functions with INFJs who are often 4s, then why can't INTPs be 4s? How we think doesn't affect our motivations. Ti types do not lack feeling or are unable to feel. That's if anything a stereotypically 5 trait.
    I think that an MBTI type is more inclined to be a certain Enneagram type than another, but only in theory. I would say there is some correlation but it doesn't rule out that, in reality, anything is possible. I could see an INTP 4w5 definitely whose Ti adds some needed objectivity to the 4's (sometimes excessively) romanticized ways. ISTP would be a bit harder to picture as would 4w3 for either INTP or ISTP, but I'm not going to rule anything out completely since I feel like any MBTI and Enneagram combination could work. So I agree with what you're saying, minus the "zero correlation" part.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Can't relate to them at all and the qualities they seem to prize are almost entirely different from those that I value.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog:

Fair and Square Array Flatlander's Avatar
    582 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Can't relate to them at all and the qualities they seem to prize are almost entirely different from those that I value.
    Can you explain your view more in depth? I'm curious on this point especially because I think we may have this in common - I get along fine with 4s on an ordinary basis, but the idea of the type and the actual neurosis of it is repellant, when we get personal I can end up in a neverending argument with them because I'm all about controlling with mind and figuring things out, fixing problems, stuff you have to do to maintain a mindset to find truth, and the 4 seems like the utter opposite. I think the 4 is actually fixated on being truth, which makes an interesting counterpoint to 5.

I actually made a thread about wings/core relation (Relation of wings to core) to explore the issue, but hadn't gone as much into depth as I could've.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

8w9 sx/so
    ILI Ni

Just to contrast @Flatlander's post, I don't have that problem at all. 6s repel me more, actually.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!