User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    There was at least one member who used to identify as one.
    That was me as a newb, when I was relying on tests blindly because I didnt develop a better understanding of typology yet.

(unless you meant some one else, in which case their used to be 2).

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    That was me as a newb, when I was relying on tests blindly because I didnt develop a better understanding of typology yet.

(unless you meant some one else, in which case their used to be 2).
    Then there was another one. I say "used to" because he doesn't have his type listed anymore.

Ginkgo

I think it would even be rarer than an Fi-e5. The intellectual faculties of Ti aren't limited to introspecting on the subjective qualities the enneagram 4 attends to so dearly.

Ti-dom type 4s get superpowers of invisibility. And that's why you never see them. Crazy Induction FTW.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think INTJs or INTPs who think they are 4s are likely 5w4s or just totally mistyped. I don't believe "any combo is possible" when it comes to egram & MBTI.
    And I'm an INFP 5w4. What does that tell you? Unless you of course just type me based on persona, then I'm an INTP.

Anyway, there's zero correlation between functions and personality motivations. If INTPs share judging functions with INFJs who are often 4s, then why can't INTPs be 4s? How we think doesn't affect our motivations. Ti types do not lack feeling or are unable to feel. That's if anything a stereotypically 5 trait.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Because a lot of people on Ventrilo and throughout the forum have been telling me that they think I'm a Ti-dom 4w5. I'm wondering if that's even possible. Still, a lot of people think it, so it may indeed be true. By the way, descriptions on Type 4 and how it relates to Ti would also be a benevolent development.
    The way I figure, when you're looking at MBTI, Jungian typing, Socionics, and Enneagram, you're looking at four different systems of understanding a person. Three of them may have evolved from the same theory, but they still have somewhat different domains of application.

MBTI covers persona, so an MBTI "T" type can apply to any enneagram, no reason why not 4 if it's their preferred image.

Socionics covers the interaction of your functions in its own construct, so Logic and Ethics have a place in *any* type and I might easily see type 4 being concurrent with PoLR/Hidden Agenda Fi/Fe - for example, wisterias on PerC, who types (last I saw her) as an ILI (Ni-Te with Hidden Agenda Fi) 4w5.

Jungian dynamics are more vague, but what of the type 4 who struggles with Fe or Fi inferior outbursts and drama? Might not inferior Feeling be emblemic within the clingy nature of disintegration to 2?

And so on - you can rationalize it any which way so that type 4 is represented through any cognitive type, so why should this be a surprise?
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    And I'm an INFP 5w4. What does that tell you? Unless you of course just type me based on persona, then I'm an INTP.

Anyway, there's zero correlation between functions and personality motivations. If INTPs share judging functions with INFJs who are often 4s, then why can't INTPs be 4s? How we think doesn't affect our motivations. Ti types do not lack feeling or are unable to feel. That's if anything a stereotypically 5 trait.
    I didn't say INFP 5w4 is impossible or even uncommon.

I DO think there are correlations between the two, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Both are the ego, so I think they overlap & are not two distinct aspects; and cognition & emotion don't have a clear line.

A major e4 trait is a problem with seeing things objectively & impersonally. This is more of an Inferior Thinking issue. A Ti-dom in particular is unlikely to have that issue. e5s are not entirely unfeeling or unemotional, however. It's often noted in enneagram books that 5w4s are more likely to mistype as 4w5s than vice versa because of the stereotype that 5s don't have emotions. I think a feeling type that is introverted is able to be e5 then.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Also I wonder why others type you as a 5w4 and not 5w6.
    Because they don't think I'm logical/intellectual enough to be 5w6, but they think I'm emotional/imaginative enough to be 5w4. I'm actually much more detail and analysis focused than introspective and dreamy. If I was a 5w4, I would trust my own counsel and not seek endless external input, because I would be more self-aware and just be able to gaze inside myself to see my type.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I don't know, but a 4 is definitely my least favorite type.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I don't know, but a 4 is definitely my least favorite type.
    Why?
    Thinking must serve the thinker.