• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] The Type Four Addiction/Fixation threads.

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, this is so we can share input on any kind of addiction. A lot of these Enneagram authors talk about how the 9 types struggle with being addicted to... I guess whatever sooths our fixation. So that could be the unhealthy way we deal with our perception of the world. If you would like to add drug addictions or anything else though, I think that would be great, because that's part of it.

Keep in mind, I am pretty sure I'm a Type Four, but I can't be 100% positive. So here it is.

I am weak without relationships. They seem to be my driving force. But I don't want that drive from anybody unless we really connect, so most of my adult life, I have been on my own squirming to push myself forward on my own. When I'm doing good, I can find some of this connection in good friends. Otherwise, I start to resort to pills, sleeping too much, or just lounging around in terrible self-defeating thoughts. So it seems part of my ultimate addiction is having a soul mate and the other part is sadness. I can be happy when I'm sad, but sometimes the sadness can get the best of me when I can't keep it in good perspective. I do think if I had my soul mate I would have a lot of joy... But the self-defeat in that is that nobody wants someone who is waiting around for a soul mate. They want someone who is doing something with their life and I constantly feel like I haven't accomplished enough. Sometimes I feel like for my circumstances and being a mother though, I have accomplished a lot. These are my constant thoughts.

Last edited:

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They want someone who is doing something with their life and I constantly feel like I haven't accomplished enough. Sometimes I feel like for my circumstances and being a mother though, I have accomplished a lot. These are my constant thoughts.

Sounds like a 3ish fixation.

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it could rather be indicative of 3 soul child.

and [MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION] I don't think I am that hard of a worker though. I don't have the energy I see in a lot of Threes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im a 4. Relationships...just happen ime. I did do the 'less than perfect relationship' as well, as I no longer felt capable of that big first love (I was wrong). To me, the curiosity and desire for a partner made me open to getting to know how men think, act, how they differ from each other and what makes one right for me (granted, Im ENFP) :shrug:

And, in part i think, because I was so approachable to them, things just naturally happened when the chemistry was right. And when it was unrequited...well, I'm one of those few rare people who actually can enjoy the bittersweet sting of unrequited love as I learned that it would pass and I might as well just enjoy his presence.

So...perhaps this is an MBTI thing but I can't really relate. Once I did meet the right guy, lightning just struck, a big load fell of my shoulders and I just...knew.

I will admit that I sometimes feel alone as the connections I crave tend to be hard to find, as most people dont enjoy the same intensity I do. But when it came to finding soulmates, I enjoyed just...learning the complexities of the different types of relationships one could have and investigating that, tinkering with that really, when I happened to stumble upon my soulmate :)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
and [MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION] I don't think I am that hard of a worker though. I don't have the energy I see in a lot of Threes.

Having the soul child of type 3 is not the same as being type 3. It means you aspire to become like a type 3 because you see it as your ideal sort of self, I suppose one could say, although this is not quite true either.