First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I made the above comment to get the ball rolling because I was curious, buy i am not sure this is enneagram related at all - I have observed J types tend to be over confident about how well they understand any situation and P types over confident in their ability to adapt to any situation, and the overwhelming majority of E7s are Ps. Any feedback from a J e7 would be welcome.
    I honestly have no clue. I'm not a terribly self aware person, but just going by my hunch I would say that I'm confindent in both
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I feel like I'm fairly confident in most situations.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

In my case, I'd say that to grow confidence, you should not care about being right or wrong. Epistemologically, we're always wrong!

The thrill of a good heated debate is all that matters. Asking good questions is all that matters.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It's so paradoxical. I'm almost all the time I'm confident and I always have what to say, how to act even if the situation turned out to be very unexpected and critical. But also at the same time I don't feel that stable and confident, because I know, that sometimes I don't enough efforts to make things better, although I could easily manage them. It's like never ending story: you think that you're not bad, maybe rather good, but yet - not good enough.
    Maybe I enough confident because I know what I want, I set a goal and just step by step try to reach it.

MBTI
    E..P
    Enneagram
    728 sx/so
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    How confident are you?

Are you sure of yourself very often? What causes you to lose confidence and self-assurance?

If you are confident, is this something you had to build up to, or were you like this throughout your life?

Do you ever encounter a plan, project, or dream that you feel you want to do, but you're incapable? If so, why? What do you feel is lacking in you that would not enable you to do this, if anything?

When you lose confidence, how do you build it back up?

I'd say I'm fairly confident and not unsure of myself in general. Maybe it's just this optimistic predisposition I just assume things will work out and I'll be just fine and good enough whatever I decide to do.

I have not always been aware of this but I lose bits of my confidence when I'm doing something that does not come as easily as I thought it would... When I realize I'm really really not as naturally skilled as I thought I'd be. That's awful when it happens. I have little patience to practice and I don't like to face the fact that I'd need that practice. Usually I just come up with something else instead of dealing with that kind of negative stuff and getting better.
    Johari Nohari

Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Big Five: Inquisitive
    Brain Lateralization: Right brain
    Friends: Phoebe
    MOTIV: Offbeat
    MTG Color: Red/Blue
    Multiple intelligences: Linguistic > Mathematical > Kinesthetic...
    My Little Pony: Rainbow Dash
    Oldham style: Mercurial > Idiosyncratic...
    R-Drive: Dynamism > Vitality > Hedonism...
    Temperaments: Sanguine
    Trifix: 7w6, 2w3, 8w7
    VisualDNA: Seeker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

So I've noticed one big difference between 6w7 and 7w6 confidence: 6w7's naturally don't have much confidence and have to go out and develop self-confidence. On the other hand, 7w6's naturally have confidence and things have to happen in life in order to lower their self-confidence. 6w7 confidence is like a glass that's empty and needs to be filled up, and 7w6 confidence is like a glass that is full and stays full unless water spills out.

MBTI
    ~NTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I am very insecure. While its quite obvious god failed when he did not make himseld in my jmage, I seldom feel better then him to the extent that I realistically should.
    Classic 748. (Raises hand in the air)
    7w8(sw6w7), 8w9(sw9w1), 4w5(sw5w6) Sx/So

Undeniably Chaotic as fuck 8D