• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] E6 Fear, is it kinda like this?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Is this what E6 fear is like?

Is the whole batman movie trilogy basically talking about fear as it pertains to E6?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
?

Maybe if you are an ESTP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh: At least for me... I don't really associate with that scene in terms of fear.

I would identify it more like "anxiety", a feeling of unease... trying to predict bad things that could occur in the future and protect against that.

I don't know that for an e6 basking in fear is the way out. I think for us it's more like learning that danger doesn't have to change our internal state, because if it always does, then we're slaves to fear. But if we choose to act as we see fit given knowledge of danger, as opposed to simply reacting, that's how we can integrate toward 9's inner peace.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As much as the primary feeling head types deal with is fear, I don't think head types experience fear itself as much as they experience anxiety. Beyond that, I can't understand the purpose of this thread.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think fear is just the projection of anxiety in 6's, like previously mentioned. The 6's anxiety is... very human, this hyper-focus on the uncertainties of life, "the dizziness of freedom". Many 6's, both phobic but more cp, seem to be unaware of the "fear" at all, or atleast the projection of it. I'm not sure that the 6's anxiety is felt differently than any other types anxiety, but it is somehow amplified or all-inclusive. "the very condition of being conscious and of having to make choices in a world which does not make its meaning or goals transparent to us and which frequently enough seems inimicable to human aspirations and to human existence" is a description that resonates. I don't particularly relate to the video but anyone else could, including non 6.