12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default E9's and self awareness

So how is an E9 to gain self awareness?

As I have 9 in my blood, I find it difficult to understand my needs and emotions until after the fact. As an SLE (ESTp) with Fi polr and Si ignoring, I tend to not even realize I'm pissed off, cold, hungry, sick, until after I'm blowing my nose or seeing everyone around me make frowny faces. Any ideas? Is there some sort of trick to gaining self awareness as a 9? am I just supposed to practice introspection and whatnot and it'll eventually become more apparent to me?
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 04-02-2013 at 12:03 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP

Being an E9, my problem isn't that I'm not self-aware, it's that I am self-aware and choose to ignore stuff anyway.
    One way to become more self-aware is to simply sit back and try to identify why you are the way you are, including specific events that made you that way.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Half of the things you mention are Sp-last issues.

Noticing anger and the likes is a matter of stopping and paying attention to the hows and whys of your reacting, frankly I don't get why an 8 wouldn't notice they're pissed off though.

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

1. The best thing is exercise. I’ve realised that if I sit still for more than 30 minutes I start to “shut down”. Exercise also makes you more hungry/warm/cold/tired/energized and more in touch with your body.

2. When a emotion pops up, make a conscious mental note about it and ask yourself:
    -How does this make me feel?
    -How will this effect me further on?
    It’s a real pain in the ass but eventually becomes more natural

3. Never let yourself think you’ve got this figure out and that you’ve fixed yourself. This is something that 9’s need to do on a regular basis.

4. Find a reason for doing this to keep yourself motivated.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So how is an E9 to gain self awareness?

As I have 9 in my blood, I find it difficult to understand my needs and emotions until after the fact. As an SLE (ESTp) with Fi polr and Si ignoring, I tend to not even realize I'm pissed off, cold, hungry, sick, until after I'm blowing my noise or seeing everyone around me make frowny faces. Any ideas? Is there some sort of trick to gaining self awareness as a 9? am I just supposed to practice introspection and whatnot and it'll eventually become more apparent to me?
    I think a lot of what you described sounds more relevant to being sp last and undervaluing Si and Fi in socionics. Also, self-awareness has more connotations towards knowing who you are rather than just what is wrong with you on a physical and emotional level.

I usually ignore my feelings or don't know what to do with them, and as for health problems I don't really pay much attention to that unless things get really bad and someone else happens to point it out for me. You might want to be in contact with a more integrated 9 to find this out though. As for me, it helps to talk things out with people and get feedback from time to time. Writing things down and going back and reading them also helps you recognize any problems you were having that you would not have picked up on in the frame of mind you were in at that point in time. @mcgooglian's recommendation was pretty spot on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

Rogue heart

If it is as they say that 9s take on other people's feelings and thoughts (from enneagram other types) so they have trouble distinguishing their own perspective and their feelings what if there where only nines in one room, how to they know who feels what and who thinks what?
    Also I've read somewhere that the only type the nine is not like is the nine itself.
    Maybe nines will be most themselves in that kind of situation, when there are no other types they can mold their behavior to fit their shape ??
    So I guess that would imply they should try to hang out with other 9s more often.
    Such an intriguing type. It's kind of like they have a Jedi/Sith thing going on.
    I think if they learn to recognize and control the potential they have(knowing how people feel and think and learning to distinguish their own thoughts and emotions) I can see two outcomes: if so be their purpose they can mindfuck people, anticipating their moves and play with them like pawns on a board, or they can become endowed with deep understanding of the secrets that the universe holds and they'll dedicate themselves to preserving the peace and balance in the universe.
    Yeah, this was very helpful and insightful I know. Gonna go away now, got to share other valuable insights with the rest of humanity, spread the light and stuff.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well, I certainly use my 9 powers to feel what others feel, and only recently have I realized these aren't my emotions. Music is my primary means of understanding someone. Once I do that I will actually start being them for a few days and people will make comments about my behavior and tell me I'm acting really strange.

I suppose Sp last could make sense. I can't find very much information on the instinctual variants though. Just a couple paragraphs here and there. So if anyone has a good source for information on the instinctual variants send it my way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I suppose Sp last could make sense. I can't find very much information on the instinctual variants though. Just a couple paragraphs here and there. So if anyone has a good source for information on the instinctual variants send it my way.
    this is the best source that I've come across, and this is also pretty good.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=17424" target="_blank">decrescendo</a>

woah woah waoh.

Sx/So = God realm?

... ego... exploding...

what is this nonsense?

When I read through the different realms, it almost reminds me of my experience with people and their various choices in music.

I've met an Sp/Sx (Hell realm) who gave me this as one of his favorite songs:

While simultaneously one of my favorite songs is this Sx/So (God Realm):

I wonder if there's a corellation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

oh my god, your member description. (or should I now replace "god" with DJ Arendee?)

I'm just in the human realm, which I'm pretty okay with. Although I kind of feel like a Hungry Ghost (sx/sp). Sounds pitiful, sounds somewhat accurate.