User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Member EEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe
    Posts
    81

    Default Weird for INTP to be so/sp?

    Reading more about instinctual variants, I came to know that so is more an instinctual variant for the extraverted types. As an INTP, who's introversion is rather strong, to be aso/sp, I found that very weird. I am a 5w6, the mad professor, but also someone who wants to be connected to people with the same interests.
    Also, I did several test for my MBTI type, but It always concludes that I am an INTP. With a moderate N, and strong I,T and average P.

    Isn't it weird for a rather strong INTP to be so/sp? Let's say my so is 75% and sp 20 % and 5% sx.

    An explanation would be helpful. (I just began learning about it.. So give me a good explanation :p)
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

    Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    No, it's not weird. A lot of cosmologists and philosophers are social first, since they take much activism in their creative fields to influence global group dynamics. Guess what, a good majority of those folks are probably also INTPs. There is nothing abnormal about it.

    @EEW you mistyped your thread title; if you want to fix it, click edit post at the bottom right of your posting box, then click go advanced, and finally change the wording in the thread subject bar at the top.

  3. #3
    Member EEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    No, it's not weird. A lot of cosmologists and philosophers are social first, since they take much activism in their creative fields to influence global group dynamics. Guess what, a good majority of those folks are probably also INTPs. There is nothing abnormal about it.

    @EEW you mistyped your thread title; if you want to fix it, click edit post at the bottom right of your posting box, then click go advanced, and finally change the wording in the thread subject bar at the top.
    Oh. That's right. Of course. Thanks.
    But all of 'em INTP? That would be black an white.

    Oh oops, thanks. I'll correct it.
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

    Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEW View Post
    But all of 'em INTP? That would be black an white.
    No, I said a good majority, not all of them. Expect to also find the ENTP, INTJ, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ISTP, and ISTJ types in those fields occasionally as well (the INFXs though would be mostly philosophy, and the ISTXs would be mostly cosmology).

    Enneagram 5w6 or 5w4 and so/sp or so/sx is also a common combination I think (again though, just a lot of them, not all of them).

  5. #5
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Not really, so/sp is actually rather common among INTPs. Though If you were sp last, that would be odd for an INTP.
    I really like cats and food.

  6. #6
    Member EEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    No, I said a good majority, not all of them. Expect to also find the ENTP, INTJ, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ISTP, and ISTJ types in those fields occasionally as well (the INFXs though would be mostly philosophy, and the ISTXs would be mostly cosmology).


    Enneagram 5w6 or 5w4 and so/sp or so/sx is also a common combination I think (again though, just a lot of them, not all of them).
    Oh, okay, agreed then
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

    Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's

  7. #7
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    You're as weird as you want to be, EEW.

    I haven't read any studies, though many typology forumers struggle to identify themselves over years while prematurely incorporating other systems, poorly interpreting for others because they talk for the sake of it, perpetuating the cycle.

    It's a hope of mine that more of us use or develop the financial freedom and depth of understanding to accurately identify communities and migration patterns that could collectively pull us into relevance and answer our petty little questions.

    thinking of you

  8. #8
    Senior Member madhatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEW View Post
    Reading more about instinctual variants, I came to know that so is more an instinctual variant for the extraverted types. As an INTP, who's introversion is rather strong, to be aso/sp, I found that very weird. I am a 5w6, the mad professor, but also someone who wants to be connected to people with the same interests.
    Also, I did several test for my MBTI type, but It always concludes that I am an INTP. With a moderate N, and strong I,T and average P.

    Isn't it weird for a rather strong INTP to be so/sp? Let's say my so is 75% and sp 20 % and 5% sx.

    An explanation would be helpful. (I just began learning about it.. So give me a good explanation :p)
    I don't think it's weird at all. , I think that SO and extraversion shouldn't be correlated. The SO instinct is really not about social extraversion. Like you, I'm 5w6 and IxTP, and I didn't type at SO/SP for a long time, for exactly the same reasons that you mentioned. I think it's hard to see because we're both inferior-Fe, and I think Fe and SO are better correlated than just SO and extraversion. Our knee-jerk response is to reject all things Fe. I know I denied the SO part of myself for a long while, because I couldn't see it.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Is it unusual for an ENFP to be 6w7 Sp/So?
    By The Wailing Specter in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 11:29 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
  3. [SP] If you had to be an SP, what kind of SP would you like to be?
    By Walking Tourist in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
  4. [SP] If you had to be an SP, which type would you be and why?
    By King sns in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
  5. Advice for soon-to-be undergraduate students.
    By Bear Warp in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO