• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Weird for INTP to be so/sp?

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Reading more about instinctual variants, I came to know that so is more an instinctual variant for the extraverted types. As an INTP, who's introversion is rather strong, to be aso/sp, I found that very weird. I am a 5w6, the mad professor, but also someone who wants to be connected to people with the same interests.
Also, I did several test for my MBTI type, but It always concludes that I am an INTP. With a moderate N, and strong I,T and average P.

Isn't it weird for a rather strong INTP to be so/sp? Let's say my so is 75% and sp 20 % and 5% sx.

An explanation would be helpful. (I just began learning about it.. So give me a good explanation :p)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, it's not weird. A lot of cosmologists and philosophers are social first, since they take much activism in their creative fields to influence global group dynamics. Guess what, a good majority of those folks are probably also INTPs. There is nothing abnormal about it.
[MENTION=18048]EEW[/MENTION] you mistyped your thread title; if you want to fix it, click edit post at the bottom right of your posting box, then click go advanced, and finally change the wording in the thread subject bar at the top.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, it's not weird. A lot of cosmologists and philosophers are social first, since they take much activism in their creative fields to influence global group dynamics. Guess what, a good majority of those folks are probably also INTPs. There is nothing abnormal about it.

[MENTION=18048]EEW[/MENTION] you mistyped your thread title; if you want to fix it, click edit post at the bottom right of your posting box, then click go advanced, and finally change the wording in the thread subject bar at the top.
Oh. That's right. Of course. Thanks.
But all of 'em INTP? That would be black an white.

Oh oops, thanks. I'll correct it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But all of 'em INTP? That would be black an white.

No, I said a good majority, not all of them. Expect to also find the ENTP, INTJ, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ISTP, and ISTJ types in those fields occasionally as well (the INFXs though would be mostly philosophy, and the ISTXs would be mostly cosmology).

Enneagram 5w6 or 5w4 and so/sp or so/sx is also a common combination I think (again though, just a lot of them, not all of them).

Nicki

Retired
Not really, so/sp is actually rather common among INTPs. Though If you were sp last, that would be odd for an INTP.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, I said a good majority, not all of them. Expect to also find the ENTP, INTJ, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ISTP, and ISTJ types in those fields occasionally as well (the INFXs though would be mostly philosophy, and the ISTXs would be mostly cosmology).

Enneagram 5w6 or 5w4 and so/sp or so/sx is also a common combination I think (again though, just a lot of them, not all of them).
Oh, okay, agreed then :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You're as weird as you want to be, EEW.

I haven't read any studies, though many typology forumers struggle to identify themselves over years while prematurely incorporating other systems, poorly interpreting for others because they talk for the sake of it, perpetuating the cycle.

It's a hope of mine that more of us use or develop the financial freedom and depth of understanding to accurately identify communities and migration patterns that could collectively pull us into relevance and answer our petty little questions.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Reading more about instinctual variants, I came to know that so is more an instinctual variant for the extraverted types. As an INTP, who's introversion is rather strong, to be aso/sp, I found that very weird. I am a 5w6, the mad professor, but also someone who wants to be connected to people with the same interests.
Also, I did several test for my MBTI type, but It always concludes that I am an INTP. With a moderate N, and strong I,T and average P.

Isn't it weird for a rather strong INTP to be so/sp? Let's say my so is 75% and sp 20 % and 5% sx.

An explanation would be helpful. (I just began learning about it.. So give me a good explanation :p)

I don't think it's weird at all. , I think that SO and extraversion shouldn't be correlated. The SO instinct is really not about social extraversion. Like you, I'm 5w6 and IxTP, and I didn't type at SO/SP for a long time, for exactly the same reasons that you mentioned. I think it's hard to see because we're both inferior-Fe, and I think Fe and SO are better correlated than just SO and extraversion. Our knee-jerk response is to reject all things Fe. I know I denied the SO part of myself for a long while, because I couldn't see it.