User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Heheh. This thread cracks me up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Perhaps we should take lessons in self-importance? What is healthy level of interest/advertisement in/of the self seems like narcissism to a 9, at least in reference to his/herself. I know this is why I don't post on facebook all that often. People post pictures of their nails or what they had to eat. I can't do that. It can't possibly be interesting enough for other people - why should they have to care about these mundane facets of my life?

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps a little self-promotion is a good thing. Then again, I think there is a productive and unproductive way to go about it. See: "Look at my breakfast from this morning. Aren't you interested??" versus "Look at this awesome painting I created! I am happy with my talent and want to share it with others."

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    When I do end up posting, I usually do so with as light a touch as possible so I don't feel too involved.
    Getting involved is rather scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Perhaps we should take lessons in self-importance? What is healthy level of interest/advertisement in/of the self seems like narcissism to a 9, at least in reference to his/herself. I know this is why I don't post on facebook all that often. People post pictures of their nails or what they had to eat. I can't do that. It can't possibly be interesting enough for other people - why should they have to care about these mundane facets of my life?

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps a little self-promotion is a good thing. Then again, I think there is a productive and unproductive way to go about it. See: "Look at my breakfast from this morning. Aren't you interested??" versus "Look at this awesome painting I created! I am happy with my talent and want to share it with others."
    Starting with your awesome painting that you created is the training wheels version. Ideally, we should all be working up to the "breakfast this morning" standard without feeling silly or self-conscious about it.

9's ... start post more pictures of stuff you cooked in the Whatcha eating? thread.

Awesome paintings will also be reviewed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm like a tree in the wind; just happy to be included.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Am I doing it right?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Starting with your awesome painting that you created is the training wheels version. Ideally, we should all be working up to the "breakfast this morning" standard without feeling silly or self-conscious about it.

9's ... start post more pictures of stuff you cooked in the Whatcha eating? thread.

Awesome paintings will also be reviewed.
    Actually, posting a painting is more scary to me, as it's something I've actually invested in. But breakfast is mostly just delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Actually, posting a painting is more scary to me, as it's something I've actually invested in. But breakfast is mostly just delicious.
    That's a really excellent point. Yeah, I guess maybe it's a matter of sharing whatever we're most diffident about instead of brushing it off or assuming that it won't be interesting or worthwhile to others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Suppose it would be different for each individual. Perhaps those able to answer questions on their own need not ask them of others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I'm like a tree in the wind; just happy to be included.
    I give it an 8 - points for accuracy, but you lose credit for the cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
    Suppose it would be different for each individual. Perhaps those able to answer questions on their own need not ask them of others.
    Yuh, good point. On another note... ANOTHER INTP NINE! I know it shouldn't matter, and it doesn't, but it's still kinda cool. POST MORE AND LET'S BECOME FRIENDS.

Here's a good quote I saw today, for e9s. Perhaps a bit cutesy, but true!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    -Dr. Seuss