Of the boys I hate
    All the girls I hate
    All the words I hate
    All the clothes I hate
    How I'll never be anything I hate.
    You smile, mention something that you like
    How you'd have a happy life
    If you did the things you like.
    Well said, senza. Cryptic messages are critical for communicating seditious ideas in this time of great upheaval and insurrection.

I didn't mean it to be cryptic or seditious. I was listening to that song and the question of music was brought up and those lyrics, especially the last four lines seemed 9-ish to me so I thought I'd share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Oh! Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Oh! Duh.
    I was also working myself up to a more constructive mood. To answer the question in the OP, one of the reasons I don't start threads about being enneagram 9 is because I'm usually more comfortable reaching out to specific individuals about whatever specific issues are on my mind. Inviting more widespread participation seems wasteful of my energies, which I like to conserve.

I don't think it actually IS more wasteful, just that it seems that way in my mind. Whereas I'm more comfortable talking to an individual on a one-to-one basis because it's easier for me to predict how that'll turn out and internalize what they say. It's a matter of having a more manageable amount of information to take in and reconcile with my me-ness.

Also, I guess I'm not looking to find things in common with others of my kind because I usually find it pretty easy to find things in common with people in general.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    The 9's would give answers regarding themselves if they actually knew anything about themselves
    Maybe if people would listen to me when I explain that there is a whole lot of nothing going on inside, and that all I am is numb, people would take a hint and not need any answers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Beauty View Post
    Maybe if people would listen to me when I explain that there is a whole lot of nothing going on inside, and that all I am is numb, people would take a hint and not need any answers.

Oh, well said.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Duly noted:
    • A healthy preference for confronting specific issues with people with whom we are more intimately connected
    • We are all dead on the inside

I'm likin' the variety here, guys. It's interesting to see reasons why there may be a general lack of E9 threads.

I think you're onto something about 9's being self-effacing as well. For me, I usually pause to think whether or not something I feel is universal before posting about it ... and more often than not, I end up believing that it's pretty commonplace, and if it's not special, it's not really worth fussing over.

And conversely, when it's something truly personal, there's no reason to believe that other people will identify with that experience, so why bother them with it?

Two other things: if it's something positive, I tend to downplay its importance, and if it's something negative, I'd rather it not be known or publicized at all, and just work privately on figuring out a solution instead.

I'm in a chatty mood tonight.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Two other things: if it's something positive, I tend to downplay its importance, and if it's something negative, I'd rather it not be known or publicized at all, and just work privately on figuring out a solution instead.
    Yes, to all of the above! This sticks out to me the most, though. I'm pretty bad when it comes to describing really intense things on either side of the pendulum, and, more generally, anything that isn't neutral.

For me, if it's positive, I usually underplay it because the attention I think it usually draws makes me feel uncomfortable. If it's negative, I'm like, I don't like this, and want to get rid of it as quietly and as quickly as possible... which usually means not involving others.