User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: 4's and drama

MBTI
    INFJ

Default 4's and drama

Dramatic is one of the descriptions of type 4.
    Any 4s who are not dramatic? Or at least outwardly dramatic? I relate to much of the 4 description, but I'm not dramatic. In my innerworld, I am dramatic...but never show it outwardly. That would be embarrassing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I definitely agree with this! I always over-analyze/over-dramatize things in my head because certain things are of paramount importance to me. I don't let others know about it at all though, I always play it cool. Maybe it's because we're introverts.
    Are you a 4w3?
    I think 4w3 tend to think of how others will react to them, which could be a reason why personally I'm not as expressive dramatically and neither is my ENFP sister. Maybe you are one as well.

Sniffles

Yeah I agree it could be an introvert thing. I'm not dramatic in the outward sense either, in fact I often give off a more stoic vibe. Certainly inside things can be quite dramatic and in turmoil.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Being raised in a heavily emotive SF home with a tinge of Latin culture, I never saw myself as "dramatic" & have never been called that. I'm markedly cool-headed compared to many of them (my e6 mom, e7 sister & e2 grandma outdo me easily). I also don't have much interpersonal drama in my life. When I do, it shakes me a lot & I withdraw from it. I can be so withdrawn I may appear detached to others, who have accused me of not feeling, not caring, not being affected.

Outside of my family, I probably am a bit emotionally dramatic compared to some, but it's more in an intense, brooding kind of way. I'm not a showman... but it leaks out. Still, I'm not called dramatic (that I'm aware of!). I tend to downplay things to others, and I mostly channel it into creative things. I'm more open in anonymous venues like this.

Internally, I'm quite melodramatic & I laugh at myself for it, and yes, I'd be mortified if people knew the half of it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think wing makes some difference. 4w3 is probably going to look more dramatic than 4w5. Also variant. With SX looking more dramatic than SP.

Some 4's will appear outwardly dramatic, some don't appear dramatic at all. I think when it comes to inner life, that's where the drama really is.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I usually have fantasies about breaking down in tears when it rains and I'm walking in it. The desire to sing "on my own" usually pops in too. That's as dramatic as it gets. Though, I will admit, I picture it so well that when I come out of that fantasy, I'm crying and already being dramatic. Oh me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Rogue heart

I think with fours the drama will always be there although it might not be outwardly expressed. To be honest I couldn't live without it.
    This is how I explain the necessity of drama in my life:
    "You must have chaos within to give birth to a dancing star."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

It really depends, I think I definitely over-dramatize things in my mind but I'm pretty good at keeping it to myself. a lot of people would say I'm cold and detached. but then some people get to experience all the drama, mainly my boyfriend. I hate making scenes though, I try to keep it private at least.

drama I'm not involved in is super exciting though. it's my guilty pleasure. I live eavesdropping on people's fights lol. I'm a weirdo creep tho

I would like to be more expressive or dramatic outwardly. I have a tendency to withhold a lot. Withholding expression is one of them. I'm sure my default facial expression is that of complete disinterest. I don't smile a lot, at least when I don't have to, only when I'm in a position that needs reciprocation. I bet it looks contrived. I'm sure I alienate myself from others this way. There's internal turmoil that may occasionally seep through the cracks I suppose. My family sees this side of me... but none other. And I like to be dramatic in writing as well.

That's pretty much all I got for drama.

A_priori

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I usually have fantasies about breaking down in tears when it rains and I'm walking in it. The desire to sing "on my own" usually pops in too. That's as dramatic as it gets. Though, I will admit, I picture it so well that when I come out of that fantasy, I'm crying and already being dramatic. Oh me.
    cool