User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: 4's and drama

Well as for me, on the other hand, I can be pretty dramatic extrenally. Though I relate to being internally dramatic and not showing it(Im often that way), if Im angry, and lately this hasnt happened to me, but if I do explode I can be like a nuclear bomb. Noone really knows how Im gonna react, if at all, and if so, to what extent.

MBTI
    IxxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Looking back, I was always very dramatic whenever anything truly upset me, but over time, I've learned to turn that inward, or channel it into something else due to the fact that my family was often very uncomfortable with genuine emotional expression. So, in the interests of being a "good child" and not being any more high maintenance than I already was, I clamped down on that trait. Now? I'm quite moody, still, and very occasionally I'll find myself in a position where I'm overwhelmed by my own emotions, and everything will come pouring out and I'll feel humiliated for weeks after, because I work very hard to be seen as much more stoic and serene than I believe I am.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I am *not* dramatic. I am totally cool. I never act dramatic. I WILL NOT REACT.

Roooooooaaaaaar!
    How dare you accuse me of drama!

..... Sorry, I couldn't resist =,)

I'm a 4-fixed 8 and I am laid back most of the time even if I have strong feelings that I confront in private. However, once I get going, there's no turning back. The only way to coax me out of a rage is to make me break into tears, or just wait for me to do that to myself.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Rogue heart

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Well as for me, on the other hand, I can be pretty dramatic extrenally. Though I relate to being internally dramatic and not showing it(Im often that way), if Im angry, and lately this hasnt happened to me, but if I do explode I can be like a nuclear bomb. Noone really knows how Im gonna react, if at all, and if so, to what extent.
    haha I definitely relate to this, someone very close to me actually said that I was like a time bomb, I said: because you never know when I'm going to explode, and he said: no, it's not even that, I never know how the hell you're going to react lol
    I usually try not to express my negative emotions so I won't hurt anyone(if I can't do that I tend to withdraw for a while) and express only the positive ones, but sometimes people are just asking for it and when they get it they're surprised I imagine they're surprised because my reactions seem to come out of nowhere, which kinda reminds me of the scene in Avengers when The Hulk says that he's always angry, well that's how it sometimes feels like beneath the exterior, that there is always a feeling of sadness or melancholy,(at least when I don't express those feelings in some way) and maybe this applies to all the Etypes, there's one emotion that is always there beneath the surface like a driving force in their behavior. (well maybe two emotions, if you consider the wing)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    Dramatic is one of the descriptions of type 4.
    Any 4s who are not dramatic? Or at least outwardly dramatic? I relate to much of the 4 description, but I'm not dramatic. In my innerworld, I am dramatic...but never show it outwardly. That would be embarrassing.
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!"

That is what I'm doing in my head when I am in overwhelm, and if you make me extrovert while in this state, I will run circles around you while shouting lol...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When I was little, I remember people bursting out laughing and calling me dramatic.

I get dramatic when I feel I'm not heard, sometimes, but I mostly avoid drama. Dismissal is painful to me when it comes from someone I love and feel connected to, and so I can overstate in a desperate attempt to reconnect.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

brainheart

I hold in my drama or deny my drama, even from my most intimates, sometimes from myself. It does leak out in the worst of circumstances, though. Primarily my drama is internal and only comes out when I'm alone or in my art. Even then, I share it through metaphor and secret codes that only I will get.

My daughter, who is very externally dramatic, always talks about how she wishes she was more like me and didn't get upset. "Oh honey," I say to her, "if you only knew." I always think of myself as a crab hiding all of my gooey-ness within. The idea of that shell being cracked open really scares me.

The image I want to present is deep, mysterious, enigmatic, creative- not dramatic. I have a hard time with overly dramatic people. I see them and think, deal with that yourself, don't dump it on others. But at my lowest I do that, too, which makes me hate myself all the more.

I love drama in artistic expression, very much so. I guess that's because I see art as an expression of intrapersonal drama, which sustains and inspires me, while I find interpersonal drama overwhelming and emotionally taxing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Asterism View Post
    Looking back, I was always very dramatic whenever anything truly upset me, but over time, I've learned to turn that inward, or channel it into something else due to the fact that my family was often very uncomfortable with genuine emotional expression. So, in the interests of being a "good child" and not being any more high maintenance than I already was, I clamped down on that trait. Now? I'm quite moody, still, and very occasionally I'll find myself in a position where I'm overwhelmed by my own emotions, and everything will come pouring out and I'll feel humiliated for weeks after, because I work very hard to be seen as much more stoic and serene than I believe I am.
    My take on the topic would just be a repeat of this post. Thanks, and stereotype-y IST parents for the win?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    IxxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    My take on the topic would just be a repeat of this post. Thanks, and stereotype-y IST parents for the win?
    You're welcome! I didn't get the IST parents, actually, and can't really imagine what that would have been like. More of an Fi/Fe and Enneagram-based clash in my particular case.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm almost never outwardly dramatic. My inner world is extremely turbulent, but no one knows about it
    4w5 sp/sx EII