User Tag List

12 Last

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Default High Norepinepherine in E5s

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ar...p#.UT_d1xxQHFl

^Goes more in depth here. It's a theory, but could very well be on to something and should be considered. But type 5 resonates well with me, and according to the theory, I have high norepinepherine levels (which equates to, from what I know, focused thinking and comprehension skills/cerebral focused?) yet my concentration/comprehension skills suck unless I'm interested in something. I wonder if depression affects high norepinepherine levels, or high norepinepherine levels increase the chances of depression? I've been depressed lately (mainly due to personal issues) but I've read that there is a link between norepinepherine and depression disorders.

Any other E5s (or E6s and 7s) get depressed, and have trouble with comprehension and concentration when depressed? I would assume one with higher norepinepherine levels would retreat to their comfort zone when sad, which would be some sort of intellectual pursuit? Hmm.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, I get depressed sometimes and when I do, it's more difficult to concentrate and fully comprehend things. I don't think its very type related. I don't think anyone who's depressed is going to be at their best.

I also concentrate and comprehend better when I'm interested in something, but aren't most people like that?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post

^Goes more in depth here. It's a theory, but could very well be on to something and should be considered. But type 5 resonates well with me, and according to the theory, I have high norepinepherine levels (which equates to, from what I know, focused thinking and comprehension skills/cerebral focused?) yet my concentration/comprehension skills suck unless I'm interested in something. I wonder if depression affects high norepinepherine levels, or high norepinepherine levels increase the chances of depression? I've been depressed lately (mainly due to personal issues) but I've read that there is a link between norepinepherine and depression disorders.

Any other E5s (or E6s and 7s) get depressed, and have trouble with comprehension and concentration when depressed? I would assume one with higher norepinepherine levels would retreat to their comfort zone when sad, which would be some sort of intellectual pursuit? Hmm.
    Well, you could be like me. I am a so/sp 5w6, ENTP with ADHD and depression. Have you ever been evaluated?

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    Well, you could be like me. I am a so/sp 5w6, ENTP with ADHD and depression. Have you ever been evaluated?
    Evaluated for what? I was dXed with ADHD when I was 4, and I think I got a depression dX about a year ago.

I've took Adderall, Stratterra, Abilify, Keppera, Prozac, and a couple of others all at one time or another. The only ones that helped me at least a little were Adderall and Abilify.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

That's not surprising. Based on what's written here, I would guess that high norepinepherine increases a person's chances for experiencing depression. ("High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated.") Maybe it's not that your norepinephrine levels are decreasing, but that emotional disturbances have redirected the majority of this neurotransmitter to a couple areas (some useful, some neuroses), creating an unhealthy balance. Which would explain why you're able to focus on certain topics and not on others. I mean, I know nothing about neuropsychology, but that seems to make sense.

The above table could explain why certain psychoactive medications such as Prozac (a SSRI, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) work on some people, cause unwanted side effects on others, and have no effect on others. We are currently studying whether certain medications, and even foods and activities can be helpful based on the above types and their neurochemistry.
    Wow. That would be a huge deal if significant correlations were found.

(In response to what SuchIrony said, it could be that, during depression, symptoms of high norepinepherine would be worst for those of the Head triad.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

When I get stressed out, yes, most definitely. I haven't been depressed in some time so I can't really cite anything useful based on experience.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@bold- you mean you've actually had your blood/urine tested for catecholamine levels?

No idea what my levels are- but I do know when I'm feeling extremely stressed/feeling depressed, I'll still hoard data, but it's less focused & often lacks practical use in the immediate moment.. so it serves as an escape/waste of time, in the end.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    @bold- you mean you've actually had your blood/urine tested for catecholamine levels?
    No, I just assumed I did, being a type 5.

Haven't been diagnosed with ADHD, depression or anything, but I can relate to the topic biased focus/stress/anxiety and also procrastination with dozens of browser tabs about random stuff e.g. wikipedia tabs on fusion power etc.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No, I just assumed I did, being a type 5.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.