User Tag List

First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Maybe
    I know when I'm timid in a situation I just get reserved, don't talk to anyone, observe until the 9 wing molds me to fit the social situation. However when I'm breakdancing at clubs I'll be really nervous at first because I have no idea how to dance, I just do backflips and gymnast things minus the dance moves, but I'll actually puff up my ego and act really big. I once heard a girl say, "that guy's an ass hole" lol. I think in person my tough guy facade usually works in person. Hasn't failed me yet. Certain dominating handshakes are a huge help as well, I gave Admiral Mullen (US Chief of Naval Operations) a dominating handshake and he pulled my hand in close with a huge grin. A lot of officers tend to give me 2 handed handshakes. Idunno if that's something they learned to do to everyone or just something they do to specific people. meh.

I last tested as an 837. The tunnel vision "I want freedom and happiness" type, which sounds about right to me. I identify a LOT with 7. Not so sure about the 3, I'd rather the 3 become a 4 or a 2.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    @LeaT

I think all 5's are that way. I'd be willing to argue that clint eastwood is a 5. 5's can scare me at times, and some of the 5's I've met can become complete douche bags and impossible to argue with when they know they're right... usually they've thought about it... A LOT.

I don't think 5's necessarily need an 8 in their trifix to act 8'ish because that's what they integrate to anyway. I don't particularly believe in my trifix anyway.

I think the difference between 5 and 8 is that 5's take longer to build the confidence, while 8's might actually have premature confidence.

By the way if you're still looking for your type, I'm very certain you're a Ti user. Otherwise this wouldn't be a discussion, it would be you telling me what's objectively correct and what isn't objectively correct.
    True and fair enough on both accounts. I understand why people question tritype for that reason. I can be a douchebag even outside of pure knowledge-based arenas though, or just like to playfully push people around in general. As a judging dominant type, I can also sometimes be overconfident in myself and my abilities and jump into deeper water than I expected it to be. Most of all though, I feel that the 8 appears with how I deal with anger and a sense of vulnerability in that I tend to cover up a sense of weakness with anger. I find that it's common for most 5s to be rather "what, I am not sure what I'm feeling" kind of approach. I mean, I am guilty of this too (the little observation you did about me feeling upset although I am largely oblivious to this regarding the douchebags was a good one) but I think as a general rule of thumb, I am not as oblivious compared to some other 5s I've spoken to.

And yes, it depends on how you look at the system. I personally come to the conclusion that my Ji preference is just not fully differentiated towards neither Ti nor Fi, but lies somewhat closer to Fi part because I dislike Fe so much and I actually think my logic is in retrospect more Te driven. But you're right, in MBTI land, I'm pretty stereotypically INTP and I think there's also a strong correlation between the INTP type and enneatype 5 in general. It just depends a little with what definitions you go along with to describe the functions.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@Maybe
    I know when I'm timid in a situation I just get reserved, don't talk to anyone, observe until the 9 wing molds me to fit the social situation.
    What makes you timid?

The way that my friend describes me - who has known me all my life - he tells me that I'm quite open with friends, and on the internet, but when I'm with new people I am more observant and reserved for a while. I'm not sure if I can explain why, or if I would even notice it if he hadn't pointed it out. The best explanation I can come up with is, I really don't do small talk, and when a person is a stranger, I have nothing to say. I mistyped at 5 for a while, and I think I mistook this for shyness or introversion. But actually I'm not really introverted - I can dominate a conversation with a friend, and also, I think when I meet strangers, if I DO have something to say, I say it without reservation.

However when I'm breakdancing at clubs I'll be really nervous at first because I have no idea how to dance, I just do backflips and gymnast things minus the dance moves, but I'll actually puff up my ego and act really big. I once heard a girl say, "that guy's an ass hole" lol. I think in person my tough guy facade usually works in person. Hasn't failed me yet. Certain dominating handshakes are a huge help as well, I gave Admiral Mullen (US Chief of Naval Operations) a dominating handshake and he pulled my hand in close with a huge grin. A lot of officers tend to give me 2 handed handshakes. Idunno if that's something they learned to do to everyone or just something they do to specific people. meh.
    Strong handshakes are important to me too. =) But, it's funny you mention this - it brings up another male/female issue. I'm a piano player and have insanely strong hands for my size. Sometimes when I give people a firm handshake they look at me funny.

I last tested as an 837. The tunnel vision "I want freedom and happiness" type, which sounds about right to me. I identify a LOT with 7. Not so sure about the 3, I'd rather the 3 become a 4 or a 2.
    Ah interesting, triple-id. That's a lot of id

Which test did you take?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    What makes you timid?

The way that my friend describes me - who has known me all my life - he tells me that I'm quite open with friends, and on the internet, but when I'm with new people I am more observant and reserved for a while. I'm not sure if I can explain why, or if I would even notice it if he hadn't pointed it out. The best explanation I can come up with is, I really don't do small talk, and when a person is a stranger, I have nothing to say. I mistyped at 5 for a while, and I think I mistook this for shyness or introversion. But actually I'm not really introverted - I can dominate a conversation with a friend, and also, I think when I meet strangers, if I DO have something to say, I say it without reservation.

Strong handshakes are important to me too. =) But, it's funny you mention this - it brings up another male/female issue. I'm a piano player and have insanely strong hands for my size. Sometimes when I give people a firm handshake they look at me funny.

Ah interesting, triple-id. That's a lot of id

Which test did you take?
    I usually don't trust other people to be able to handle what comes out of my mouth until I get to know them. When I start saying what's truly on my mind, it stirrs up the room one way or another. So I have to be quiet and walk on eggshells until I start to feel confident that I don't.

Its when you say something like, "I think the poor should be thrown to the maw of natural selection" and someone takes it personally then tells all their friends you're an ass hole and in a matter of days everyone already hates you. lol. I'm socially clumsy and break things, so I'm often cautious of the affect my words have on others.

When it comes to dating, I eventually start pushing the limit to offensive stuff, racial jokes, crudeness, bluntness, until I know exactly how far I can go. But I can only reach this phase once I know the person knows me well enough to forgive me for pushing too far.

What is "triple id"?

I think I took the personality cafe test, and some other random enneagram forum test. Got the same result twice so I just accepted it and haven't really looked into it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think I took the personality cafe test, and some other random enneagram forum test. Got the same result twice so I just accepted it and haven't really looked into it.
    Not because your type is that much of my business but I agree that 3 for your image doesn't ring quite true to me after exchanging some posts with you now. I agree that both 2 and 4 are likely, although I lean a bit more towards 2 at this point but it might change of course. Anyway, I do think there's strong 2 influence in you and I think this is the only superego influence I can tell also.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I like 874. and I wouldn't mind dating a 478. mm mm good.