User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Default Female 8s: To what Degree do you Feel Male?

Naranjo poses Type 8 as the "Phallic-Narcissistic" personality.

I am curious, to what degree do 8 females feel male?

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? Do you dream of having a literal phallus? Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? Are your friends predominantly male?

How does the phallic-narcissistic mindset manifest in you?

8s, 8 fixers, and all other types welcome for contrast. Men are welcome, too, if you have comments on the topic. It would be interesting to know your tritype and instinctual variants.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Do YOU feel male?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

1w9-er, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? Do you dream of having a literal phallus? Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? Are your friends predominantly male?
    1) Not as a man, but "masculine".
    2) Nope. I would much rather be asexual and have nothing to with genitalia.
    3) Masculine superhero. Male role models.
    4) Yes.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Being masculine is not the same as being male. A woman who is a 23 on the international masculine scale is no more male than a woman who is a 7.

To some significant extent, the umbilical cord between the male and the masculine has been cut.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I was a tomboy growing up, but have more or less moved past that.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I was a tomboy growing up, but have more or less moved past that.
    What do you mean, "moved past it?"

Did you do it on purpose? =)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Do YOU feel male?
    I feel very female, and very carnal, and very alive in my own body.

But through a lot of my life, my close friends were predominantly male. I am mostly into men; but in my dreams, sometimes I have a literal phallus and give it to women. I feel comfortable in flashy male-ish clothes (like leather jackets, tight rockstar jeans); but very few feminine clothes (like dresses) feel as comfortable and sexy. I think of myself as "balls out." I love swords and knives and wrestling in the mud. When I decide I want someone, I have no desire to play coy or beat around the bush. Like male characters in movies, I can be myopic with my desire and passion, and too focused on chasing that goal to play games. I'm strategic, but I CHASE, and have no shame. (Phallic personality?). However, I am picky, which most women relate to.

For a great portion of my life, I thought many of these habits were sort of "male" or "masculine," but I've come to realize that I'm actually extremely feminine, like a tigress; a huntress. Deep down, most people have a wild, caged animal buried inside; I just had no problem letting it out all my life. Some women spend a lot more time being tame, or having shame - but I have come to believe that this does not make me more of a "man" or less of a "woman" than they. Social shaming and taming has nothing to do with gender, really. But I do think the "phallic-narcissistic woman" is an accurate portrayal of my gender, whereas simply saying "woman" never quite fit my personality, from a social perspective.
    Last edited by Animal; 03-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? No

Do you dream of having a literal phallus? No

Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? No, I don't fantasize about being any superhero.

Are your friends predominantly male? No

I've always thought I was just me - not male or female from a personality standpoint. Kind of a mixture of both. I don't care for flash and I don't like attention to a large degree. I don't really chase either. I will peruse, relentlessly, if it is something I want but I see chasing a negative. I won't chase after something that's not interested me and I don't set out to change a persons mind either. I don't need a word or name for myself. Maybe that comes with age and maturity but...I just don't care enough to map it out for people.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't really chase either. I will peruse, relentlessly, if it is something I want but I see chasing a negative.
    What is the difference between chasing and pursuing?

I won't chase after something that's not interested me and I don't set out to change a persons mind either.
    I agree with this - nobody has ever been able to reject me twice. Also, when I say "chase," it doesn't mean I beg. What I mean is that I'm myopic; I focus a lot of energy on what I want. But I have no *interest* in winning over someone who doesn't want me - that's demeaning, and invasive to them.

So my question to you is: outside the context of chasing a "person" - would you chase any sort of goal? A career goal perhaps? Or winning a race?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    What is the difference between chasing and pursuing?

I agree with this - nobody has ever been able to reject me twice. Also, when I say "chase," it doesn't mean I beg. What I mean is that I'm myopic; I focus a lot of energy on what I want. But I have no *interest* in winning over someone who doesn't want me - that's demeaning, and invasive to them.

So my question to you is: outside the context of chasing a "person" - would you chase any sort of goal? A career goal perhaps? Or winning a race?
    I do. I have. A masters degree, a career, raising a family. Anything I want to achieve, I will. Isn't that drive a great thing about 8's?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.