User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Why more often online? Hmm I don't see much of a difference between online and IRL. Maybe IRL I'm a bit more angry.

Nice you only got that raging only two times in 6 years. :p Not that it happens very often for me, no, but more than that...
    No consequences online. It's just words on a page.

It would be dangerous to allow my anger to get rolling downhill like that IRL.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    8's have anger problems because they need a hug
    Lol just how cute and romantic you are there!

No when I'm angry I don't feel like I need a hug. I actually don't find "being comforted" very helpful. But then maybe I just didn't experience it enough or not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    No consequences online. It's just words on a page.

It would be dangerous to allow my anger to get rolling downhill like that IRL.
    Ahahah dangerous, cool.

For me the online stuff is less... slightly less real? So more anger IRL.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

when I'm angry its because I require cuddles.

Socionics
    ILI

After recently, finally, figuring out my type for the last time, I can say that I do sort of have anger problems, but I have extreme self-control due to the severity anger might cause. I don't get angry often, but when I do, I either become extremely intolerant, aggressive, and energized (8w7 coping mechanism), or I will withdraw and become extremely cold, harsh, and vindictive (5w4 coping mechanism, strong fixation to 5). While the 5's self consciousness can be a strain when I feel angered or wronged, it is usually overshadowed by the sheer anger emphasized originally by the 8 and the emotional intensity and added emotional masochism with anger of the 4.

I also had to learn how to control my anger or risk getting in trouble a good deal when I was younger. The way I usually did this was by fantasizing about breaking things or hurting the people who wronged me, and it made me calm down a good amount. I still do this tactic today, it's just that I don't really get angry that much. I have gotten to the point where I've been so angry that I have to actually start solving unrelated intellectual problems in my head so that I couldn't divert my full energy at the problem that upset me, as in that scenario I would probably become highly impulsive and simply break anything in sight and make the problem worse.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    when I'm angry its because I require cuddles.
    hey cute

(not condescending!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    After recently, finally, figuring out my type for the last time
    Where did the 3 go?

I can say that I do sort of have anger problems, but I have extreme self-control due to the severity anger might cause. I don't get angry often, but when I do, I either become extremely intolerant, aggressive, and energized (8w7 coping mechanism), or I will withdraw and become extremely cold, harsh, and vindictive (5w4 coping mechanism, strong fixation to 5). While the 5's self consciousness can be a strain when I feel angered or wronged, it is usually overshadowed by the sheer anger emphasized originally by the 8 and the emotional intensity and added emotional masochism with anger of the 4.

I also had to learn how to control my anger or risk getting in trouble a good deal when I was younger. The way I usually did this was by fantasizing about breaking things or hurting the people who wronged me, and it made me calm down a good amount. I still do this tactic today, it's just that I don't really get angry that much. I have gotten to the point where I've been so angry that I have to actually start solving unrelated intellectual problems in my head so that I couldn't divert my full energy at the problem that upset me, as in that scenario I would probably become highly impulsive and simply break anything in sight and make the problem worse.
    Interesting, the diversion into fantasy and/or intellectual problem solving might be some N thing? I can't discharge anger related impulses this way. It's gotta be something physical for me. When angry I'm still lucid enough to not cause irreparable damage in my physical environment if I don't want it to be a pain in the ass later. So that part's okay.

I guess it's nice having self-control Maybe that's an Ni thing for you, trying to foresee consequences so much and that helps with self-control here.

Btw why did you decide on 8 core instead of 5 or 4 core? Just curious.

Socionics
    ILI

hey cute

(not condescending!)

Where did the 3 go?

Interesting, the diversion into fantasy and/or intellectual problem solving might be some N thing? I can't discharge anger related impulses this way. It's gotta be something physical for me. When angry I'm still lucid enough to not cause irreparable damage in my physical environment if I don't want it to be a pain in the ass later. So that part's okay.

I guess it's nice having self-control Maybe that's an Ni thing for you, trying to foresee consequences so much and that helps with self-control here.

Btw why did you decide on 8 core instead of 5 or 4 core? Just curious.
    Sanjuro typed me via a questionnaire and told me I was much more 8-ish than 3. Plus I realized that my social fears are out of looking weak to others rather than looking like a failure. He told me that I have a strong connection to 5, and we also figured out I had an 8-4 push-pull thing. Type 8 and 4 are complete opposites of each other, and can create a bit of a sadomasochistic-esque personality that might be akin to an unhealthy 3.

Well, given that I am a synesthete, I have exceptional visualization and an extremely vivid imagination to the point where I can shut out the real world completely and build another world/scenario in my mind, so I can build an extremely vivid scenario using my mind's eye that actually feels like I am hurting them and breaking things.

Yeah, if I couldn't foresee consequences, I would probably be dead or imprisoned.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I see
    Lol! You like that I talk in riddles? *feeling the luv* >.<
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Sanjuro typed me via a questionnaire and told me I was much more 8-ish than 3. Plus I realized that my social fears are out of looking weak to others rather than looking like a failure. He told me that I have a strong connection to 5, and we also figured out I had an 8-4 push-pull thing. Type 8 and 4 are complete opposites of each other, and can create a bit of a sadomasochistic-esque personality that might be akin to an unhealthy 3.
    Oh I see... I might have 8-4 myself :P and do have strong connection to 5. But 7 as well... so we do differ a bit

Well, given that I am a synesthete, I have exceptional visualization and an extremely vivid imagination to the point where I can shut out the real world completely and build another world/scenario in my mind, so I can build an extremely vivid scenario using my mind's eye that actually feels like I am hurting them and breaking things.

Yeah, if I couldn't foresee consequences, I would probably be dead or imprisoned.
    I'm not quite sure that it's all just because you're a synesthete, you know I'm one too but even though I have vivid imagination myself I don't feel like it's actually happening if I try to make myself part of the imagination. Thus the hurting others and breaking things in imagination would not be satisfactory to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    Lol! You like that I talk in riddles? *feeling the luv* >.<
    As long as they are explained afterwards :p

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

@valaki well. I personally feel that dominance and control are two different things. You can't really dominate a situation w/out giving up a certain amount of control. If you're afraid of relinquishing control then you're essentially controlled by your fear and you're stuck fighting yourself to dominate the situation (in order to have actual control of any said such scenario).

8's have an intense animalistic energy about them and it's almost as if they're afraid to let go and just 'be' and trust that that's okay and good. It's bad only because they deny their very own need to be themselves. It's like, they put all this internal effort into asserting there right to be who they are and by default struggle actually 'being'. This is all just speculation because obviously I'm not an 8 so I really don't know. And I'll stop there because I'll probably just end up rambling about things I don't know. Because adorably, it'll be the 8ish thing to do to say, "you don't know" because they want to control what goes in. Essentially, what 2's and 8's have in common is their propensity to be stubborn and their want to figure it out for themselves. Lol!

But what do I know. That last sentiment is probably off the mark too.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    @valaki well. I personally feel that dominance and control are two different things. You can't really dominate a situation w/out giving up a certain amount of control. If you're afraid of relinquishing control then you're essentially controlled by your fear and you're stuck fighting yourself to dominate the situation (in order to have actual control of any said such scenario).
    What do you mean by dominance here?

8's have an intense animalistic energy about them and it's almost as if they're afraid to let go and just 'be' and trust that that's okay and good. It's bad only because they deny their very own need to be themselves. It's like, they put all this internal effort into asserting there right to be who they are and by default struggle actually 'being'. This is all just speculation because obviously I'm not an 8 so I really don't know. And I'll stop there because I'll probably just end up rambling about things I don't know. Because adorably, it'll be the 8ish thing to do to say, "you don't know" because they want to control what goes in. Essentially, what 2's and 8's have in common is their propensity to be stubborn and their want to figure it out for themselves. Lol!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "just being themselves". Elaborate?

I only say "you don't know" when I'm not actually asking for information and yes I can be pretty stubborn and I do want to figure stuff out for myself... still, I can ask for information and this is just such a situation.

But what do I know. That last sentiment is probably off the mark too.
    Wasn't off the mark hey heh :P