User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This company in Atlanta I've had to deal with at work, has been driving me up the damn wall.

Too much more of this bullshit and I will be firmly in punching a hole in a door territory.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm getting pissed at all the people who pretend they're IEI so they can join my facebook group and hit on me, then get belligerent when I suggest they're not IEI.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

I am married to an 8, and I have it in my tritype. I think the big concern for an 8 is maintaining control. The more their ability to control things in their lives is thwarted, the greater their level of frustration grows. They will even try to control that frustration too, but sooner or later, something will push them over the edge and they will go off.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    I am married to an 8, and I have it in my tritype. I think the big concern for an 8 is maintaining control. The more their ability to control things in their lives is thwarted, the greater their level of frustration grows. They will even try to control that frustration too, but sooner or later, something will push them over the edge and they will go off.
    Quite accurate.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    One of the fundamental concerns of the Gut Triad is how the individual relates to their anger: type 8s express anger, type 9s avoid anger, and type 1s suppress anger. In both the Gut Triad and the Enneagram itself, 8s are the most at home with anger. As an 8, I have no qualms with letting someone know when they've pissed me off, and frankly find the experience of being angry cathartic. I have friends who also type as 8s who say that they generally feel some residual level of anger. For us, being angry is just something of a natural state.

That said, I'm beginning to wonder if it's healthy for me to take my anger for granted in the way that I do. The person I'm seeing now believes that I have an "anger problem", and that I ought to seek help for it. I'm not sure what constitutes a "problem", however. While I certainly have a temper, I have never been violent, and have never been one to stay angry about anything for too long. I'm debating whether I should listen to my SO and find a way to "manage my anger", or just find someone else who can deal with me on my own terms. I've always felt the anger that I feel is less about hostility and more about my inner fire--my personal sense of ambition, strength, and resiliance.

My question to other 8s is have you ever attempted to manage your anger? What prompted you to do so, and what were the results? To non-8s (and specifically those who are close to an 8): do you perceive the relationship of 8s to their anger to be unhealthy? To all: how do you define a healthy relationship with anger?
    I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the way you phrased this thread and the questions you ask.

Sometimes when I get angry at certain people, in the long run, I end up feeling sort of bad about it, but I'll never think so in the moment. I think in the long run, letting anger run free is a bad thing, and one should learn how to better channel their anger. For the most part, I am not a very angry person at all. But in the times that I do get angry, people around me are very intimidated by what comes out, and they've often told me I need to fix or change myself. I'm probably not much older than you, if at all, but from my experience and sight, do you really think you can tie down your anger, if you are a type 8?

I couldn't imagine doing so.

That is why those around me have learned to circumnavigate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    The more their ability to control things in their lives is thwarted, the greater their level of frustration grows.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Can't say I get angry a lot where I don't ever yell or shout. Even the sound level doesn't rise that greatly but I do express my anger with an inside voice that can be quite cutting. Then, once expressed, it's over. But I do tend to ask myself why I'm angry and if it's not worth being angry about, deconstruct it and let it go.

In all my relationships, there's barely been any fighting. I'm not someone who holds resentment, loving and stroking it. A waste of time and effort.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI

I recognize the control aspect and rising frustration if not.
    But I usually zone a lot of that frustration out over videogames due to my 9.
    I've been working a bit on trying to accept the anger and ride with it more 8ish.
    Since then I usually get more stuff done.
    I have allready low Te so my ability to get things going is a bit weak, any improvement on this is a good improvement.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Can't say I get angry a lot where I don't ever yell or shout. Even the sound level doesn't rise that greatly but I do express my anger with an inside voice that can be quite cutting. Then, once expressed, it's over. But I do tend to ask myself why I'm angry and if it's not worth being angry about, deconstruct it and let it go.

In all my relationships, there's barely been any fighting. I'm not someone who holds resentment, loving and stroking it. A waste of time and effort.
    will you marry me?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I have more to add:

I've screamed at people only 3 or 4 times in my life that I can remember.

I'm very intense when I'm feeling mobilized, and a lot of people interpret this as anger when it isn't. I find that when I am most enthusiastic, people think I am "insane," which is odd to me. However I DO get angry when I'm feeling rejected as a result of acting as my normal self /estp problems. When I have to censor myself I get mad, when I have to... quiet... down... I WILL REBOUND WITH FULL FORCE! I like the idea that I'm a walking supernova with humanity hidden somewhere within the fireball, kinda like this:

Depending how much energy I have determines the size of the cloud surrounding me. Some days I'm pretty muted, other days I'm in full bloom. Could be my Sx/So at work, the "bleeding emotions."

Extroverted sensing in general has a sort of force field effect, you can kinda feel it pressing against you. "Volitional Force." ESFP's have a lot of it too. See dulph lundgren.

I suppose this COULD be anger, some kind of unconscious manifestation. I recently had to speak on camera, and my ENFJ friend kept telling me to "calm down, no more military." he was referring to the fact that I talk very directly at the camera and I talk fast and forcefully, and apparently I was talking too loud for the camera's microphone. In order to fix this problem I had to scream and curse to get all the energy out, and doing this would only last for about 3 minutes before I started talking really fast and intense again, haha. I might have had a mountain dew that day, not sure. ugh... I feel like most people will not allow me to DO things because peoples pants get up in a bunch when I do. When I get really enthusiastic, people start acting like an asteroid is about to collide with the earth. I don't get it, lol.