• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Differences between 8w9 and 9w8?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again, I'm not judging you because I haven't really had a chance to really analyze you yet, so please don't get offended.

:popc1: You carefully backing away from the bear, aren't you.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Again, I'm not judging you because I haven't really had a chance to really analyze you yet, so please don't get offended.

I'm not offended by you. I'm offended that a group of people who believe the only thing I'm good for on this earth is "being attractive," is telling you what to think and you're believing what they say and spreading the fucking cancer.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
:popc1: You carefully backing away from the bear, aren't you.

No, I'm just not making a judgment call before I have had the time to look at the facts.

I'm not offended by you. I'm offended that a group of people who believe the only thing I'm good for on this earth is "being attractive," is telling you what to think and you're believing what they say and spreading the fucking cancer.

I could understand how this would piss you off.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
No, I'm just not making a judgment call before I have had the time to look at the facts.

I could understand how this would piss you off.

Good.

Well Mr. Typewatch, you ever speak to me about being a 6 again I'm going to report you for trolling. If "gaining courage" and "harnessing my fear" like I'm batman or something, was the cure to my problems, I'd have learned that by now. Its over.

I have typewatch trying to convince me I'm a 6, and I have p0d'lair trying to convince me I'm an INFJ. wtf is everyone's problem? People need to stay away from me.

Seriously I had to delete p0d'lair comments on why I'm an INFJ at least 3 times a week off of my youtube videos. Part of cult ideology is to convince you of bullshit logic so you can bend to their will and they can tell you to believe whatever they want you to believe. Its a form of gaslighting and is dependant upon the individual's lack of trust in themself.

I don't like manipulative people and I don't appreciate this shit. Its harassment.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Good.

Well Mr. Typewatch, you ever speak to me about being a 6 again I'm going to report you for trolling. If "gaining courage" and "harnessing my fear" like I'm batman or something, was the cure to my problems, I'd have learned that by now. Its over.

I have typewatch trying to convince me I'm a 6, and I have pod'lair trying to convince me I'm an INFJ. wtf is everyone's problem? People need to stay away from me.

Ok, now you've pissed me off. Personally, I could give less of a shit if you report me for trolling because if you do, I will report you for unwarranted aggression. Besides I've done nothing to warrant a ban nor even an infraction. I was simply trying to assist you in determining your type sir, and for what it's worth, you are reacting like a 6w7, not an 8w9. 8w9's tend to be much more calm and not as reactive. I bid you good day sir.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ok, now you've pissed me off. Personally, I could give less of a shit if you report me for trolling because if you do, I will report you for unwarranted aggression. Besides I've done nothing to warrant a ban nor even an infraction. I was simply trying to assist you in determining your type sir, and for what it's worth, you are reacting like a 6w7, not an 8w9. 8w9's tend to be much more calm and not as reactive. I bid you good day sir.

Oh yeah? Scared of the banhammer are you? That must make you a 6! you little reactive 6! You like that shit?

Sounds good. I will put you on ignore. I will suggest you do the same to me.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what I'm saying is the difference between them is down to which is their primary goal: strength or calmness. And also if they are pushed, what would they sacrifice first? A 8w9 would forgo the appearance of calm if they felt they were losing dominance over a situation, but a 9w8 would rather let things slide and retain harmony, than attempt to assert themselves.

I think this is a fairly accurate assessment. Personally, I'm more likely to lose my cool on someone else's behalf, than I am standing up for myself. I like to think that I'm capable of withstanding anything, and can survive anything you can throw at me. Acknowledging pain is a sign of weakness.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh yeah? Scared of the banhammer are you? That must make you a 6! you little reactive 6! You like that shit?

I actually am a 6w7, and I accept it. You're extremely reactive here though, and from your actions here I am now fully convinced that you're a 6w7 because 8w9 types don't act like this. Also, I absolutely DARE you to go and report me to the moderators for this shit, because from the hostility that you have shown me here in this thread, you are the one who will be receiving the infraction, not me. However, because you will now never convince me that you are really an 8w9 and I will never convince you that you are a 6w7, I propose that we just agree to disagree here. Do you accept my proposal, or do you wish to continue to argue with me?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I actually am a 6w7, and I accept it. You're extremely reactive here though, and from your actions here I am now fully convinced that you're a 6w7 because 8w9 types don't act like this. Also, I absolutely DARE you to go and report me to the moderators for this shit, because from the hostility that you have shown me here in this thread, you are the one who will be receiving the infraction, not me. However, because you will now never convince me that you are really an 8w9 and I will never convince you that you are a 6w7, I propose that we just agree to disagree here. Do you accept my proposal, or do you wish to continue to argue with me?

Just so you and I are absolutely fucking clear here. You are to never speak to me again. The mods have been notified of your presence. Yes, we can agree to disagree. Sure. However we will do so in the presence of the ignore function lest you be reported for trolling. Do not quote me, do not mention me. The end. This is the last time I will respond to you.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What did this thread turn into? :BangHead:

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION]
your initial post doesn't seem related to enneagram as much as personal boundaries. it sounds like yours are poorly defined and as a result you fluctuate from overly harsh/stand-offish to overly permissive and not asserting your own desires and needs. you might want to consider defining your own boundaries and the boundaries of others more clearly and learning to assert them without becoming excessively forceful or angry. anyway, just something to think about, it's a common problem of younger men in general
i think you missed this post

wolfy

awsm
I read somewhere that the way to separate them is think 8w9 is Vito Corleone and 9w8 is Dirty Harry.