User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default E8's attracting damsels in distress?

Why do I have so many damsels in distress flocking to me telling me their tales of woe?

Why do I actually feel like I can save them?

Why does it feel like they're the only women I develop incredible attraction toward? The rest all just seem... ordinary?

Is there something wrong with me or my mindset?

MBTI
    ISTP

Yep. Something's definitely wrong with you. You should get that fixed.

Seriously though, damsels in distress annoy me. It's like "what are you doing to fix the problem?"

Yeah, when I think damsel in distress, I think weak ego or something along those lines that make me roll my eyes in disgust. Where's the self-respect or the shame?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well, I'm very aware of the bullshit ones. The ones who don't have a job, don't have their shit together, are a waste of oxygen. I don't bother with them.

Its the other ones, the ones who are hurting emotionally in some way. They got all their shit together but are recovering from some past pain.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah, I seem to attract the ones who've had that kind of thing happen to them in the past. The ones who are currently like that can be ok if they're working towards a solution.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Point and laugh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I both attract and am attracted to damsels in distress, to my great detriment and peril

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Why do I have so many damsels in distress flocking to me telling me their tales of woe?
    Maybe because they sense that you can save them.

Why do I actually feel like I can save them?
    MAYBE BECAUSE YOU CAN! Maybe you're just what they need and they can smell that. Maybe your perspective and attitudes and beliefs are that which they need more of, they sense that, so they gravitate.

Why does it feel like they're the only women I develop incredible attraction toward? The rest all just seem... ordinary?
    Because they show their vulnerability, which makes you feel like you're really connecting with them?

Is there something wrong with me or my mindset?
    Not as far as you wrote... unless you're power tripping and don't really care about them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I generally attract interesting people who have their shit together.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I generally attract people that WANT to get their shit together, more often than not.

I have a love/hate relationship with damsels in distress. A part of me LOVES to fix shit. The extrovert in me naturally applies that to people as well. If I can help fix something in someone's life, even if it is as simple as doing a favor.. it is better for me. Then I don't have to tell them I like them and care about them. I can be like "Of course he's my friend, I fixed his tire didn't I?! And I helped him with learning to cook healthy! How can he say I don't care?!" I sort of communicate through my actions, so it gives me prime opportunity to be emotional in a way I know how and am most comfortable with. It's an amazing exchange.. really truly bailing someone out of a bind, doing a kindness for them in a way they were unable to do themselves.. It does amazing things for the esteem.

But.. The downside to this, is that it wears on me. Anything over an extended period of time. I am naturally annoyed by lazy, apathetic, dispassionate situations where people "want" to get out of the rut they are in but don't REALLY want it because they just don't MOVE towards it. It is taxing to see someone with potential to improve their situation not do so willingly. I'm pretty short tempered with things like depression and anxiety, which I've learned to deal with on my own vs taking it out on the person dealing with that sort of thing, but the annoyance and impatience is there. It's like.. I know I can't blame them for it, but I can't help getting angry about it either. And, of course, it is annoying to see gold advice wasted. /arrogance.

"How do I get my life together?"
    BAM! Here's how citizen!
    "Oh wow! That sounds awesome!"
    Sounds?.. I don't like that word.. it is usually a precursor to--
    "Maybe I'll try that.."
    --the maybe word.. which usually means..
    "But I don't know. I think I'm just too old for school. and I don't like to study."

What starts out as a crusade to get rid of all the villains in a person's life turns into a taxing pile of excuses for why the villains are really not so bad at all. It's like everyone's got Stockholm's Syndrome, and their sub-par life they complain about is their kidnapper.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge