User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    You did implicitly by bringing it into a conversation of type. Anyways, I like you, and feel this convo beginning to devolve. Best of luck with your search for a nice ESTj girl. Maybe @EJCC can give you some pointers.

I'd love to help as an ESTJ, but I know absolutely nothing about Socionics so I don't know if I'd be an ESTj. Aren't ESTJs generally ESTp?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I'd love to help as an ESTJ, but I know absolutely nothing about Socionics so I don't know if I'd be an ESTj. Aren't ESTJs generally ESTp?
    Oh.

Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm LIE, which is ENTj. I thought that most J's stay J, but some P's become J. And then there are shapes. Lots and lots of shapes.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh.

Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm LIE, which is ENTj. I thought that most J's stay J, but some P's become J. And then there are shapes. Lots and lots of shapes.
    I'm sure you're right about j/p. Like I said, I know nothing about it. Whereas, you actually know enough about the system to have an educated opinion on it.

How did you type yourself? Tests? Descriptions?

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No, translation between systems is very hit and miss.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Whereas, you actually know enough about the system to have an educated opinion on it.
    Hardly. Although it seems to be coming into vogue as of late, my knowledge of it remains pretty cursory, because I still believe that it's a flawed system in many respects. Not exactly the most user-friendly, for instance.

How did you type yourself? Tests? Descriptions?
    Simple minded as it sounds. I looked at the ENTj description, was satisfied with what I saw, and planted my flag.

Other people have agreed with the typing, but honestly who knows? I could be a turnip as far as anyone can tell.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Simple minded as it sounds. I looked at the ENTj description, was satisfied with what I saw, and planted my flag.
    Sweet! That's what I just did.

Mostly, I looked at the description with an emphasis on how it described the functions, and saw that
    1) Most of the functional elements seemed pretty much the same (e.g. Te is still all about Getting Shit Done and having a really good end product); and
    2) There were some cool little insights that I found true of myself, that haven't been in any ESTJ descriptions I've read so far.
    Examples of those:
    LSEs try hard to be people of their word. They remember agreements made and do not take promises lightly. They judge other people by how conscientious and reliable they are in interaction and cooperation. LSEs expect people to say what they mean and do what they say. As their innate understanding of personality is not very fine-tuned, they judge others' character more by their objective deeds than by their attitudes and motives, which can be hard for the LSE to discern.
    Aesthetic appeal is very important to LSEs. This applies to all aspects of their lives — clothes, work tools, living environment, etc. Most LSEs have an orderly home and work area and select their clothes carefully. They have a relatively easy time matching clothes, colors, textures, and other aesthetic properties. Many LSEs are conneisseurs of good food, good clothes, household products, and hygienic products.

LSEs typically have a strong caretaking streak; they enjoy having others to care or provide for who are dependent on their assistance.
    LSEs' emotional expression tends to be either subdued and understated or unusually sudden and obvious. (Note: this is why I have such a hard time choosing between Calm and Limbic in the Big 5)
    LSEs tend to have an unchanging habit of either being chronically late or chronically early. They rarely know or think about how long things will take, and their estimates are often way off. They are often surprised by the amount of time that has passed between events, and wonder where the time has gone. (Note: My INTJ friend constantly makes fun of me for this. Especially because my inaccurate predictions often end with "Whatever! It'll be fine!") LSEs tend to want everything done as well as possible and to the highest possible quality, often failing to consider the amount of time necessary to do the job in such a way.

When making plans for the future, LSEs typically do not leave room for unforeseen obstacles. These obstacles frustrate the LSE because they destroy the established rhythm of operations and require switching gears.
    So! My point is: I guess I'm an LSE/ESTj, so that must mean I can contribute to the topic? Unless that was entirely a joke; I recognize that it was at least halfway a joke. Can I be of any more use here?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Sweet! That's what I just did.

Mostly, I looked at the description with an emphasis on how it described the functions, and saw that
    1) Most of the functional elements seemed pretty much the same (e.g. Te is still all about Getting Shit Done and having a really good end product); and
    2) There were some cool little insights that I found true of myself, that haven't been in any ESTJ descriptions I've read so far.
    Examples of those:

So! My point is: I guess I'm an LSE/ESTj, so that must mean I can contribute to the topic? Unless that was entirely a joke; I recognize that it was at least halfway a joke. Can I be of any more use here?
    I approach cross-comparing type between the systems this way: if your MBTI type is the same as your Jungian type, that is, your thinking correlates to dominant Te with auxiliary sensation according to how Jung defined Te and sensation (can't stress this enough, a lot of misunderstandings typing between the system occurs because people don't understand the difference between how functions appear in the MBTI and how Jung described functions), then you are also that type in socionics. The problem is that a vast majority of the people who type in the MBTI don't approach it using the functions or they do but they approach it superficially so Ne is supposed to be this random fun function so if I'm fun and random it means I utilize Ne.

That's not really how it works outside of MBTI-land anyway. If you relate to those points (also, poor time-management skills are signs of devaluig Ni) and how the functions appear not just in the ego but across the entire system, then you are most likely properly typed in socionics.

@Wind-Up Rex, I could see how LIE could fit but I could also see an argument for Se ego base. I agree that you are an Se-Ni valuing type.

/successful socionics thread hijack.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I approach cross-comparing type between the systems this way: if your MBTI type is the same as your Jungian type, that is, your thinking correlates to dominant Te with auxiliary sensation according to how Jung defined Te and sensation (can't stress this enough, a lot of misunderstandings typing between the system occurs because people don't understand the difference between how functions appear in the MBTI and how Jung described functions), then you are also that type in socionics. The problem is that a vast majority of the people who type in the MBTI don't approach it using the functions or they do but they approach it superficially so Ne is supposed to be this random fun function so if I'm fun and random it means I utilize Ne.
    I'd like to think that I understand the functions as I've seen them described in MBTI function descriptions -- with the exception of Se, which I'm still a little fuzzy on -- but I haven't read the actual Jung material on it. Maybe I should get on that at some point.
    (also, poor time-management skills are signs of devaluig Ni)
    You're right that it's bad Ni, but to be fair, I wouldn't call it poor time management -- I'd call it poor strategic planning. I'm not a strategist at all. True to ESTJ form, I'm better at taking an existing timeline and filling it in with smaller steps, than I am at making my own timeline. If I know the deadline for a task, and/or roughly how long it'll take*, then it's no problem at all.

*It helps if I've done it before. Si at work!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'd like to think that I understand the functions as I've seen them described in MBTI function descriptions -- with the exception of Se, which I'm still a little fuzzy on -- but I haven't read the actual Jung material on it. Maybe I should get on that at some point.
    I actually haven't either part because trying to read Jung gives me a headache. I just decided at some point that the MBTI descriptions were bad.

You're right that it's bad Ni, but to be fair, I wouldn't call it poor time management -- I'd call it poor strategic planning. I'm not a strategist at all. True to ESTJ form, I'm better at taking an existing timeline and filling it in with smaller steps, than I am at making my own timeline. If I know the deadline for a task, and/or roughly how long it'll take*, then it's no problem at all.

*It helps if I've done it before. Si at work!
    LOL poor strategy planning then.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm starting to lose track at this point, tbh. I think the point was pointers on the wooing of the ESTj/J female.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    @Wind-Up Rex, I could see how LIE could fit but I could also see an argument for Se ego base. I agree that you are an Se-Ni valuing type.

/successful socionics thread hijack.
    Se ego base? What makes you say that? And which types does that point to?