User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    That may be true - unless the 5 is lucky (or unlucky) enough to be chased really hard by a dedicated 8.
    My experiences with 5s have rarely been been good. With few exceptions, most just seem impossibly prissy, self-righteous and arrogant, and more inclined to shit on you than look at you. It's just this long, sad story of unrequited respect on my part, until I just say, "Fuck this person," and go on with it. I'd take the most counterphobic of 6s out there over the average 5 any day.

I think that 5s need people who really get them, or dont seem to take them too seriously. Of the gut triad I could see 1s being compatible if there was some shared principles between them. For whatever reason, I could see any member of the heart triad working with a 5. As for the head triad, I'd say other 5s, pass over 6, and definitely include 7s.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    As a closer-to-healthy 8 now, I can tell you that I still love a good chase, but I like the enneagram-5 variety: I want loyalty and trust, in a partner, but the never-ending chase, with a 5, can come in the form of a mind that I can never quite understand; a vast array of thoughts and ideas that I can never keep up with. This is still a chase, but also provides grounds for a real relationship and lasting intimacy. Also, getting someone "into their body" who is normally not quite "in their body" gives me a thrill, especially because 5s have that 8 soul-child lust that is just DYING for a chance to come out, and once you unleash that inner animal, it's highly likely that the 5 will be wild in bed. But they're still a 5, so they'd still be secretive and less likely than some other archetypes to "sleep around." On top of that, "trust" between these two types is likely because both like to "say it how it is" and don't tend to "beat around the bush." Therefore, I vote healthy 5 as an excellent match for a healthy 8.
    Charming ideas and perhaps true if you're ENFP 8, but for the rest of us schmucks is prolly a thought unlikely to advance from that realm.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post

My experiences with 5s have rarely been been good. With few exceptions, most just seem impossibly prissy, self-righteous and arrogant, and more inclined to shit on you than look at you. It's just this long, sad story of unrequited respect on my part, until I just say, "Fuck this person," and go on with it. I'd take the most counterphobic of 6s out there over the average 5 any day.

I think that 5s need people who really get them, or dont seem to take them too seriously. Of the gut triad I could see 1s being compatible if there was some shared principles between them. For whatever reason, I could see any member of the heart triad working with a 5. As for the head triad, I'd say other 5s, pass over 6, and definitely include 7s.
    I definitely prefer 8s over 1s personally if I would choose, and 4s over the other image triad types. Also, wouldn't the rest of the type matter? Thinking specially in terms of socionics here.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I definitely prefer 8s over 1s personally if I would choose, and 4s over the other image triad types.
    While you'll have no argument from me on either of those preferences, I question how widely they are held amongst others of your enneagram type.

Also, wouldn't the rest of the type matter? Thinking specially in terms of socionics here.
    Perhaps. Given there's theoretically concurrence across typological systems, I wouldn't suppose any one to pose that great of a contradiction. Oddball combinations might prove to be an exception, but if your dream girl's an ESTj 8 she ain't one of them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

While you'll have no argument from me on either of those preferences, I question how widely they are held amongst others of your enneagram type.
    I never said it has to be universal among others of my type. I was just stating my personal preferences.

Perhaps. Given there's theoretically concurrence across typological systems, I wouldn't suppose any one to pose that great of a contradiction. Oddball combinations might prove to be an exception, but if your dream girl's an ESTj 8 she ain't one of them.
    It was part a joke if that's what you mean. And I am an oddball combination if you go by type descriptions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

It was part a joke if that's what you mean. And I am an oddball combination if you go by type descriptions.
    INP 5w4 is unusual?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INP 5w4 is unusual?
    EII? Yes. I can't even convince some socionics people that I am not an a logical type and if they I do they become obssessed with the idea that I'm an IEI because IEIs is according to the person who insists that I am one, more prone to be logical. Whatevz.

Also, I have arrived at the cynical belief that most INxPs who type as 5s are not 5s and that 5 is for some reason, a very easy type to mistype as, especially if an introverted MBTI type with an intellectual interest.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

EII? Yes. I can't even convince some socionics people that I am not an a logical type and if they I do they become obssessed with the idea that I'm an IEI because IEIs is according to the person who insists that I am one, more prone to be logical. Whatevz.
    Well, for what it's worth, I believe you, because...you know...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, for what it's worth, I believe you, because...you know...
    I never asked you to agree with socionics as a theory.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I never asked you to agree with socionics as a theory.
    You did implicitly by bringing it into a conversation of type. Anyways, I like you, and feel this convo beginning to devolve. Best of luck with your search for a nice ESTj girl. Maybe @EJCC can give you some pointers.