User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default 7's crying due to boredom?

Is it possible for a 7 to cry out of boredom? Is this usual/unusual?

MBTI
    xxTP

I would think anyone could cry due to to boredom, if the boredom was intense and prolonged enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I would think anyone could cry due to to boredom, if the boredom was intense and prolonged enough.
    No. I would laugh at someone who did.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    No. I would laugh at someone who did.

What if you were put in solitary confinement?

What if you were put in solitary confinement?
    I'd start reading or doing pushups. But then, there's a lot more to cause misery if you were in that position than just solitary confinement (guilt, for example). I'd be equally miserable just for being in prison, period. Solitary might be preferable if the prison culture sucked. There are a lot sick or at least annoying dudes in there whose rants or stories you'd rather not listen to.

I'm not in prison, and I haven't hung out with anyone but family for at least two years now. I'm more bored with my social options than I am alone.

That all said, I can get bored and restless - but crying about it is pretty funny.

MBTI
    xxTP

I'd start reading or doing pushups.
    No books allowed. No computer or phone. Also no music to listen to while you do push ups.

You know your family are ok, and you get to see them once a year, and they are financially looked after, so that's not why you're crying. Also the cell is comfortable and you have food/shower.

You'd still go mad.

No books allowed. No computer or phone. Also no music to listen to while you do push ups.

You know your family are ok, and you get to see them once a year, and they are financially looked after, so that's not why you're crying. Also the cell is comfortable and you have food/shower.

You'd still go mad.
    I might go mad, but I'm just saying it won't be out of boredom. That's the least of your problems, if you wind up in the worst section of prison. I've been in rehab, with some really sick people, and I'd guess prison is much worse. I'm serious when I say I'd prefer spending that time alone. Your own bullshit is enough to deal with.

MBTI
    xxTP

I might go mad, but I'm just saying it won't be out of boredom. That's the least of your problems, if you wind up in the worst section of prison. I've been in rehab, with some really sick people, and I'd guess prison is much worse. I'm serious when I say I'd prefer spending that time alone. Your own bullshit is enough to deal with.
    I'm not talking about prison so much, forget that side of it, just some situation like I described.

Imagine it's some super civilized country like Norway where your prison cell is comfortable, your family is ok, etc.

Yes you would go mad out of boredom. Imagine being in the exact same place, but you have internet, books, music, and get some weekly visits from friends/family, or some activity of your choice. you would go mad less soon.

I'm not talking about prison so much, just some situation like I described. Imagine it's some super civilized coutnry like Norway where your prison cell is comfortable, your family is ok, etc.

Yes you would go mad out of boredom. Imagine being in the exact same place, but you have internet, books, music, and get some weekly visits from friends/family, or some activity of your choice. you would go mad less soon.
    Well, I'm not inclined to test it out. My point though is that there are too many extenuating circumstances with the "prison" example to illustrate anything useful. If you're put in solitary, then the crime was pretty damn serious. So you have a lot to think about your guilt or from where you've fallen. Either that, or some of those guys are in there because they've been violent with the rest of the prisoners. So they're already miserable for that reason. Some are the target of violence, so they're protected for their own good. Again, already miserable. Some are just on suicide watch - so they're already miserable as well.

Basically, the whole experience sucks balls. Boredom is only a part of it. If I was put in solitary, and started crying, how would you know I was crying from boredom? It could be a ton of things.

Anyways, this probably way off the scope of the topic. We're talking about day-to-day boredom, right? That's what I find funny about the crying. It can't be that bad (I'm not a 7 myself btw, so maybe I don't know how bad it is...).

MBTI
    xxTP

We're talking about day-to-day boredom, right?
    IDK, maybe extreme boredom? Like literally you don't know anyone, all your friends and family are in another country, got no money to do anything.

The confinement thing, I still think I was right, I'm saying just imagine a hypothetical situation and forget the whole prison side of it and but to stop derailing I will shut up.

Maybe the point is that some people will experience depression as boredom, and other people will emphasize other sides of the situation like you did? IDK