User Tag List

First 2345 Last

I cry when I'm bored. I hate being bored.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

im not a seven, but i think i have a pretty strong secondary 7w6.
    often, in a very nine like way, i get in denial about my boredom and in a seven like way, keep myself occupied and the more the boredom becomes apparent that i cant stay in refusal of it, the more nervous i get and at my worst i can jump around like crazy and do obsessive things, mostly centered around my injuries.

crying out of boredom? no, the nearest to that i have ever been is almost crying out of realizing ive been in rejection of my boredom/depression for years, the realization that i have really failed so hard and lived without deeper feelings and in rejection.

i might also go on neurotic thinking sprees thinking tens of hours ends without any solid results in avoidance of admitting boredom.

for the past few years, ive been bored with everything in life which is manic kind of depression but i never admitted it to myself really, so i just keep myself occupied in meaningless fruitless thinking.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Is it possible for a 7 to cry out of boredom? Is this usual/unusual?
    from what i've figured so far, enneagram doesn't work like that. basically, i don't consciously get bored - that is initially why it took me a long time to realize i am a 7 - as far as my consciousness is concerned, there is always something stimulating up my mind, precisely because my subconscious is essentially structured to avoid boredom at all cost.

so far, as far as i recall, the only thing that can make me cry is the loss of loved ones.
    i don't know if this is related to me being a 7 or not.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Is there something abnormal about crying due to boredom? I have been known not to cry as much as lash out at others or troll on the internet (not here, though). But I hate being bored, so it's not just a 7 thing.

MBTI
    XXFP

The way I see it, long term boredom often stems from a lack of motivation to find something to do. Knowing how to find something engaging in a given situation is a skill in itself.

Really that simple. There is ALWAYS something to do, and even something mundane has unexplored elements. Boredom makes sense when you have really low energy levels however, cause it's that much harder to engage into something, your brain sort of shuts off. Same thing if you're confronted with a topic that is above your ability to understand - you can't really engage into it.

So, based on this theory, it makes sense that someone would literally "cry from boredom", and to get over that they need to find or build the skill of engagement to feel better.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

^lol No. I was at a super boring school concert yesterday and i tried my best but it was so boring. i analysed the whole room, analysed all the kids, made stories in my head etc, but after a while it was starting to become painful and i had to leave. you can be bored, believe me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE

sevens don't cry

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Crying due to boredom? I think I'd have to force myself to...HAHA. But there was this one time when I was experiencing prolonged boredom and ended up crying in frustration. Not that there wasn't anything to do, I just couldn't get the effort to actually go out and doing something so I was sitting there for a good time just trying to think of something that would actually get me off my lazy butt. Also, living approximately 45 minutes - an hour away from most of my friends, sometimes I have to just kick it by myself a lot of the time which is not a fun thing to do. If I'm left alone for too long I end up with all these negative thoughts in my head like "I'm so alone when it comes down to it", "I'm so depressed", "There's nothing interesting happening in my life." Sometimes if I think like that for too long I end up shedding a tear or two.

But then once I'm with people the negative thoughts and sadness just poof away!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    E..P
    Enneagram
    728 sx/so
    Socionics
    ?

I'm either 2 or 7 and my reaction to boredom is more often like this:

When I'm highly frustrated with things despite my efforts, I could start crying eventually. But I rarely get that bored that I actually became highly frustrated, it's exactly the state of mind I try to avoid, so I try to find something super cool way sooner than that.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Boredom is an extremely unpleasant feeling, but I rarely ever get there; there's so much to do, and never enough time in the day! Apart from my job, I've always got creative projects to work on, adventures to plan, and friends to hang out with. If none of the above works, my brain spontaneously cooks up new ideas for me to explore. In fact, I usually can't fall asleep until I'm exhausted because my mind will not shut off otherwise. Been like that ever since I was a kid.

Therefore, boredom is a mostly alien concept to me. If I lose excitement and energy, it's probably due to some (hopefully fleeting) episode of depression. In which case, yeah, I'd probably cry. Then I try to kill the pain as quickly as possible.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~