• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7's crying due to boredom?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
no. 7s rarely cry in general. not because we would view it as weak, but because we are (unconsciously) experts at avoiding our negative emotions

This makes sense to me. The 7s I know would rage and be critical but would be less likely to actually *cry* than I would, which says a lot.

Jaguar

If anyone cries about boredom, they're boring. Do something about it.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am 4w5, but 7 in my tritype is really strong and I have to say...boredom is the worst thing ever and most of the time I feel depressed, or sad is when I am bored. I can't stand this feeling

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no. 7s rarely cry in general. not because we would view it as weak, but because we are (unconsciously) experts at avoiding our negative emotions (even at times when we want to experience them).

I thought it was more of we are experts of avoiding deliberate recognition and processing of negative emotions..... very skeptical that even enneagram type would effect the raw experience of emotion.

For example: yes, I've cried many times probably from boredom, and no I can't elaborate on it any further ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was more of we are experts of avoiding deliberate recognition and processing of negative emotions..... very skeptical that even enneagram type would effect the raw experience of emotion.
emotional is largely influenced by cognitive attention, cognitive attention is largely influenced by enneagram. therefore, in my opinion, it's likely that enneagram does effect the raw experience of emotion

For example: yes, I've cried many times probably from boredom, and no I can't elaborate on it any further ;)
fair enough :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am 4w5, but 7 in my tritype is really strong and I have to say...boredom is the worst thing ever and most of the time I feel depressed, or sad is when I am bored. I can't stand this feeling

yes, but keep in mind, being a 4, you're already more likely to cry than a 7.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I could imagine doing that if I were either imprisoned or had an extremely repetitive-cubicle 9-5 job. Generally, I try hard to prevent any instance which would lead to unavoidable and extended boredom.

If it's "standard" boredom, I can generally find a way to entertain myself (or I'll bother a colleague by chatting him up).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've cried out of boredom before. Although maybe it wasn't so much, boredom, so much as it was that I was forced into a church summer camp surrounded by people I didn't like doing things I didn't find interesting while watching boring movies I didn't like.

So it might have been more than boredom.
Same here. I've definitely cried from being forced into a scenario that I thought was dumb and didn't want to be in.

I've never cried due to boredom. The only person I know who has cried due to boredom, is an INTJ 1w2. So... there you go.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
im not a seven, but i think i have a pretty strong secondary 7w6.
often, in a very nine like way, i get in denial about my boredom and in a seven like way, keep myself occupied and the more the boredom becomes apparent that i cant stay in refusal of it, the more nervous i get and at my worst i can jump around like crazy and do obsessive things, mostly centered around my injuries.

crying out of boredom? no, the nearest to that i have ever been is almost crying out of realizing ive been in rejection of my boredom/depression for years, the realization that i have really failed so hard and lived without deeper feelings and in rejection.

i might also go on neurotic thinking sprees thinking tens of hours ends without any solid results in avoidance of admitting boredom.

for the past few years, ive been bored with everything in life which is manic kind of depression but i never admitted it to myself really, so i just keep myself occupied in meaningless fruitless thinking.

S

Society

Is it possible for a 7 to cry out of boredom? Is this usual/unusual?

from what i've figured so far, enneagram doesn't work like that. basically, i don't consciously get bored - that is initially why it took me a long time to realize i am a 7 - as far as my consciousness is concerned, there is always something stimulating up my mind, precisely because my subconscious is essentially structured to avoid boredom at all cost.

so far, as far as i recall, the only thing that can make me cry is the loss of loved ones.
i don't know if this is related to me being a 7 or not.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there something abnormal about crying due to boredom? I have been known not to cry as much as lash out at others or troll on the internet (not here, though). But I hate being bored, so it's not just a 7 thing.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
The way I see it, long term boredom often stems from a lack of motivation to find something to do. Knowing how to find something engaging in a given situation is a skill in itself.

Really that simple. There is ALWAYS something to do, and even something mundane has unexplored elements. Boredom makes sense when you have really low energy levels however, cause it's that much harder to engage into something, your brain sort of shuts off. Same thing if you're confronted with a topic that is above your ability to understand - you can't really engage into it.

So, based on this theory, it makes sense that someone would literally "cry from boredom", and to get over that they need to find or build the skill of engagement to feel better.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^lol No. I was at a super boring school concert yesterday and i tried my best but it was so boring. i analysed the whole room, analysed all the kids, made stories in my head etc, but after a while it was starting to become painful and i had to leave. you can be bored, believe me.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Crying due to boredom? I think I'd have to force myself to...HAHA. But there was this one time when I was experiencing prolonged boredom and ended up crying in frustration. Not that there wasn't anything to do, I just couldn't get the effort to actually go out and doing something so I was sitting there for a good time just trying to think of something that would actually get me off my lazy butt. Also, living approximately 45 minutes - an hour away from most of my friends, sometimes I have to just kick it by myself a lot of the time which is not a fun thing to do. If I'm left alone for too long I end up with all these negative thoughts in my head like "I'm so alone when it comes down to it", "I'm so depressed", "There's nothing interesting happening in my life." Sometimes if I think like that for too long I end up shedding a tear or two.

But then once I'm with people the negative thoughts and sadness just poof away!

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm either 2 or 7 and my reaction to boredom is more often like this:

tumblr_m2eqm7pFSU1qfs6l6o1_500.gif

When I'm highly frustrated with things despite my efforts, I could start crying eventually. But I rarely get that bored that I actually became highly frustrated, it's exactly the state of mind I try to avoid, so I try to find something super cool way sooner than that.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boredom is an extremely unpleasant feeling, but I rarely ever get there; there's so much to do, and never enough time in the day! Apart from my job, I've always got creative projects to work on, adventures to plan, and friends to hang out with. If none of the above works, my brain spontaneously cooks up new ideas for me to explore. In fact, I usually can't fall asleep until I'm exhausted because my mind will not shut off otherwise. Been like that ever since I was a kid.

Therefore, boredom is a mostly alien concept to me. If I lose excitement and energy, it's probably due to some (hopefully fleeting) episode of depression. In which case, yeah, I'd probably cry. Then I try to kill the pain as quickly as possible.