User Tag List

First 234

I engage in melodrama when I can also achieve something. When I create art, I use my own very intense feelings and I don't hold anything back. I'm also melodramatic when I'm trying to entertain others or get a reaction. I look down on messy emotional displays though.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is a very 3w4 answer. I've noticed 3w4s (and, to an extent, 3w4 fixers) tend to like "controlled melodrama". they enjoy indulging their more intense, emotionally volatile side, but only if they can do so while maintaining control and competence. they can do so through various methods such as
    - observing
    - performing
    - artistic pursuits
    - reading
    or
    - listening to more intense music

as for being in the heat of things....it's usually a position they'd rather avoid
    I think this is very true. I also have a tendency to use a lot of hyperbole, which I can see as "controlled melodrama" as well.

MBTI
    IxxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    Melodrama in others doesn't bother me much, as long as it's an honest expression of emotion. I'll hear them out, and even empathize or want to help. If nothing else, if they just want to complain and don't want to be helped, it is sort of like watching a movie - and I don't mean that crudely because I am very emotionally affected by movies. But what I mean is, it can make me think, or examine some of the more tender emotions in myself, or if nothing else, it's interesting.

However, if people are causing drama by being obnoxious to others, or to me, that's a problem. It's one thing to wallow in emotions - that is the stuff of art, music, and fantasy. It's another thing to take your crap out on someone else and ruin their life. I do my best to take responsibility for my own actions. When someone tries to blame me - or someone I care about - for their problems, they have another thing coming.
    I can agree with this. An honest expression of emotion is one thing, but I find drama for drama's sake or with the intent to manipulate fairly distasteful.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My stance on melodrama is a pretty droopy one, almost falling over.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)