User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default Nines, do you have secret oversensitivity to rejection?

i cant imagine it being caused by much else than my wing eight side of nine or my most likely secondary 5w6. Prolly both. But are there any other nines who experience this?
    And this, is totally hidden part of me that even i am hardly ever aware of, but i know its one of the reasons why i fear to be honest with myself.

If you have this, what is it like?

I for example first discovered it on 2nd grade, when a teacher red my story in a sarcastic tone, then i never wrote a single story in schools after that.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

WALMART

Dang.

Yeah, I can relate.

WALMART

Dang.

Yeah, I can relate.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not completely sure of my enneatype. I think I'm most likely 5w6 or 6w5 but there is a strong 9 aspect to it either way. And yes, I am hypersensitive to rejection but it's not something that's obvious unless you know me really well. If there is rejection from others or even perceived rejection- my brain remembers it all to well and I obsess about it and isolate myself even more.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm not completely sure of my enneatype. I think I'm most likely 5w6 or 6w5 but there is a strong 9 aspect to it either way. And yes, I am hypersensitive to rejection but it's not something that's obvious unless you know me really well. If there is rejection from others or even perceived rejection- my brain remembers it all to well and I obsess about it and isolate myself even more.
    I am very similar. I try to combat this by trying to own up to my faults before others can point them out to me/use them against me. However, that sometimes tends to backfire on me.

I'm hypersensitive to rejection. I have to push myself really hard to want anything wholeheartedly, because I perceive any outcome that doesn't turn out exactly the way I want it to as a form of rejection, and rejection makes me feel really bad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I used to be this way, and mostly handled it by never being in a situation where I could be rejected, or at least in situations where my being accepted was mostly guaranteed.

These days, my perspective is that I don't project any sort of "rejection" onto others. What made this lesson clear was learning to dance and thus having to ask girls to dance. Usually they say yes, sometimes they say no. Once you see all the yeses vs noes, you start seeing how it has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with who they are and what they happen to want at the moment.

Regard the yes or no as information, not as a value judgment.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Two 9s I know very well are definitely more sensitive than they like to let on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

It doesn't really bother me, I'm pretty used to it. The only thing that I think I am sensitive to is if someone accuses me of doing something wrong or bad that I did not do, or assumes I have bad intentions in some action or lack of action where I do not actually have bad intentions at all. The reason I react so poorly to that is largely because of my generalized anxiety disorder though, as any sort of conflict or attack on my character really triggers it.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Nothing "secret" about it for me. You reject me, you'll probably never see me again. I have little desire to hang around or to persist with someone or something that doesn't want me
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson