• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Nines, seriously, how do you integrate!?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
im baffled by my own integrations. They are always spontaneous or entp induced healing.

One thing which launches my spontaneous integration is a huge, significant, massive mass of humans. Ah, the stimulation it provides to my empathy and i can just lose myself into feeling love for humanity.

But once i settle back to a lesser amount of humans, this state of love is broken instantly by the first sign of dissonance.. So fragile is my integration. Such dissonance could be anyone having negative feeling untamed. And those, are very, veery common....

Im still trying to figure another trick for integration, and how i could prolong my integration phaces. My best bet are female entp's, if i could get one as a mate.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Help me out here: In this context, what do you mean by "integration" ?

Standuble

Help me out here: In this context, what do you mean by "integration" ?

Perhaps he means it in the normal sense? Adopted positive traits of type 3 to become a more balanced, healthy and developed personality?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps he means it in the normal sense? Adopted positive traits of type 3 to become a more balanced, healthy and developed personality?

I don't mean to sound patronizing, but what you said was not helpful at all. I'm not familiar with ennegrams and integration means a lot of different things to me so I'm trying to understand just what it is he means here....:dry:

Standuble

I don't mean to sound patronizing, but what you said was not helpful at all. I'm not familiar with ennegrams and integration means a lot of different things to me so I'm trying to understand just what it is he means here....:dry:

It's not my problem if you're incapable of using your brain or searching integration on Google (I managed it in five seconds even with a lagging computer.)
I said he is most likely talking about integration as mentioned in enneagram theory. Simply put, a core type can take on the traits of two other types. For the 9 there is type 6 and type 3. Type 6 is called the disintegration, basically when under stress the type 9 adopts negative traits from this type and becomes essentially a caricature. On the other side is type 3 which is type 9's integration. Basically when in the right mind and right mood the 9 will take on positive traits of the type 3. These traits will help to lessen the inherent issues prevalent in your core enneagram type so in the end you can become more balanced and have a richer understanding of the world and yourself. Integration is a gradual process which takes time, the more it is achieved the longer the effects last and the more mature and developed the benefits are. I believe the op is trying to achieve a synthesis with the positive traits of type 3. But thats up to him to state.

I'm not going to be impressed if I have to start using small baby words. Especially when there are extensive resources online for this sort of thing.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Fake it til you make it? That's kinda what I do.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im baffled by my own integrations. They are always spontaneous or entp induced healing.

One thing which launches my spontaneous integration is a huge, significant, massive mass of humans. Ah, the stimulation it provides to my empathy and i can just lose myself into feeling love for humanity.

But once i settle back to a lesser amount of humans, this state of love is broken instantly by the first sign of dissonance.. So fragile is my integration. Such dissonance could be anyone having negative feeling untamed. And those, are very, veery common....

Im still trying to figure another trick for integration, and how i could prolong my integration phaces. My best bet are female entp's, if i could get one as a mate.

If integration is something that takes time, then I'm not sure it's something you can fall in and out but rather something you gradually achieve and create. You may experiencing highs and lows but I'm not sure that's related to integration or anything like that.

To try and answer the question since I don't feel you were very clear on what it is you're talking about: I think it's about first finding your core: Being secure with yourself, your desires, and knowing the direction you're going in your life and being happy with that direction. After that, everything else seems to come to me naturally.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If integration is something that takes time, then I'm not sure it's something you can fall in and out but rather something you gradually achieve and create. You may experiencing highs and lows but I'm not sure that's related to integration or anything like that.

To try and answer the question since I don't feel you were very clear on what it is you're talking about: I think it's about first finding your core: Being secure with yourself, your desires, and knowing the direction you're going in your life and being happy with that direction. After that, everything else seems to come to me naturally.

yeah, but i dont tend to be that secure with my desires as they change constantly. Its kinda like trying to walk somewhere blind folded, just having to hope i happen to get it right. And then when im on good path, i might suddenly get bored with it and thus its no more the right path, and by so i might keep walking into it and thus wrong direction, disintegration. And thats how i keep hopping between the two realms.

And if im any honest with my feelings, then im pretty much annoyed by everything as there is nothing i truly desire, except soulmate and searching it too is frustrating as no results come out.

Its like i have to manually offer everything one by one for my heart to review, like it was a god, but oh is it too inefficient.

Im thinking, that 1w9 is prolly the soulmate match (presuming instincts and mbti type is correct already) for 9w1, anyone else thinks this way?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, but i dont tend to be that secure with my desires as they change constantly. Its kinda like trying to walk somewhere blind folded, just having to hope i happen to get it right. And then when im on good path, i might suddenly get bored with it and thus its no more the right path, and by so i might keep walking into it and thus wrong direction, disintegration. And thats how i keep hopping between the two realms.

Again, I don't think this is about integration, it sounds like you haven't found your center. If anything, you seem be to disintegrating to a bad type 6 :(

And if im any honest with my feelings, then im pretty much annoyed by everything as there is nothing i truly desire, except soulmate and searching it too is frustrating as no results come out.

Its like i have to manually offer everything one by one for my heart to review, like it was a god, but oh is it too inefficient.

As Feeler as I am, you're losing me here. It sounds to me like you're incredibly unsatisfied with yourself and/or your life and you're trying to fill that void with...something. Perhaps your "soulmate" or something else to give yourself meaning and I just feel like this is doomed to fail.

But there is a good chance I'm missing something here.

Im thinking, that 1w9 is prolly the soulmate match (presuming instincts and mbti type is correct already) for 9w1, anyone else thinks this way?

I don't. I like Type 1's and I can see myself happy with one (LOVE YOU EJCC!!! :wubbie: ) but Type 8's and Type 7's seem to draw me the most. Type 4's can too.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION] but havent you noticed how 1w9s see and love the hidden depths of you so easily, while other enneas most likely would never see it even with a huge effort. This ease of communication also allows for each to better satisfy the others needs which also seem to come less expensive in this combo i think.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION] but havent you noticed how 1w9s see and love the hidden depths of you so easily, while other enneas most likely would never see it even with a huge effort. This ease of communication also allows for each to better satisfy the others needs which also seem to come less expensive in this combo i think.

Possibly, I suppose it depends on the person. I strongly suspect my INFJ-ex was a 1w9 sp/so and there was a LOT of commonality which made her very attractive to me and me to her. The thing was, we ended up tripping over each other a lot which got really frustrating.

I could be wrong though. I suppose it all depends on the individual 1w9. I'm not against the possibility at all, I've just found I respond to 7's and 8's very naturally :shrug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION]... is it because we stalk you? :ninja:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION]... is it because we stalk you? :ninja:

There is that, yeah ;)

Also, because your natural "take charge" attitude I think fits well with my "blend in and adapt to the authority" way I do things. Type 8's are very head strong and often have a strong idea on how they want to do things and rather than resist them...Type 9's are like water, we just adapt to whatever setting you create for us :)

It's a good fit I think

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is that, yeah ;)

Also, because your natural "take charge" attitude I think fits well with my "blend in and adapt to the authority" way I do things. Type 8's are very head strong and often have a strong idea on how they want to do things and rather than resist them...Type 9's are like water, we just adapt to whatever setting you create for us :)

It's a good fit I think

I don't have strong ideas of how things should be! :nono:

... oh wait... :laugh:

W

WALMART

Acceptance is nice, if you can manage - of yourself, others, and the world.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's an attitude that you have to take on. You have to realize you can be better than what you are already. And you actually have everything you need, right now, to be better than you are right now; but you just aren't using what you have. 9s are all about inertia, once you find your way of making yourself better, it will just keep happening.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Black Cat's answer is right on:

It's an attitude that you have to take on. You have to realize you can be better than what you are already. And you actually have everything you need, right now, to be better than you are right now; but you just aren't using what you have. 9s are all about inertia, once you find your way of making yourself better, it will just keep happening.

You're too focused on your "needs" and NOT focused on yourself. Focusing on your needs is DISintegration. You're annoyed with everything AND you're looking for true love? No wonder you're feeling out of sorts.

To extend Black Cat's answer, you already have true love. You just don't have your particular idealization of it. You think you don't really want anything precisely because you've realized that nothing whatsoever can live up to your ideals.

I would strongly suggest that the reason you're having trouble "integrating" is that your ideals suck. (To be clear, his is not a personal attack on your values, but rather a functional criticism of how you naively frame your values.) You focus on everything that annoys you, and you form your values around annoyances, not around core principles. This is the path to nihilism, and is the typical type 9 disintegration path.

You have to find within yourself and in the world around you those things that you DO value. What things are worth the annoyance, to you? Look for the beautiful in the world, but instead of being annoyed that it isn't perfectly beautiful, enjoy the beauty that it has. Yes, you should be honest about your feelings, but note that your feelings are not really you, they're just your temporary reactions. They're important to note, definitely. It's part of the path to self-knowledge. But do not mistake your feelings for your values, and do not let your feelings dictate your values. It's OK to feel the feelings and you definitely need to process them, but doing so should be in the context of evaluating yourself, and not in the context of letting your feelings define you (or define what you "really want").

Ni-dom to Ni-dom, I know from personal experience that knowing what you really want, as opposed to what you think you really want, is a key thing to resolve. It's easy for us to chase after the things we think we want, and do so successfully and be "happy", but eventually we find that we're unhappy with whatever path it is we're on. That's because we didn't determine our true desires, our true values, but instead just fulfilled temporary needs. Some questions to ask yourself include "What do I really want?" and "Why am I dissatisfied with what I find?" The answers come from real life, not philosophical discussions or internet sites, btw. Go out and experience things. Try things that you don't think you want, or perhaps are too afraid to try, and just go do them. Maybe you enjoy a particular thing or you don't. Either way, you learn about yourself.

Using your search for true love as an example, do you really know what true love looks like or feels like? How often do you let yourself just experience people and see how they are, as is, as opposed to putting them into some role or box that suits your purposes? There is true love out there, but the predicate for it is being truthful and honest with yourself and understanding exactly what kind of person you are (without labels of good and bad). Then you can decide what kind of person you'd like to be based on that knowledge, and become that (adopt that attitude, always being careful to not lie to yourself). Then other people will see you exactly as you are, because you let them see the real you. Some of them will like you and some won't, it's all good. And then, finally, you meet someone whom you like exactly as is (because you have no absurd ideal of how they should be) and who likes you exactly as is (because you show your real self). That's true love, and it's as easy as breathing.

And that's the path to integration for a nine, more or less. Be yourself, be honest with yourself, and go out and enjoy the world. Step one in your case is to put your annoyances in perspective.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok, ill try to take what i understood of the advice, with some translation problems between the Te vs Ti realm.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I avoid where I can, integrate where I must, I think. I have a solid long term relationship with my INTP 1w9. We get along pretty well and generally enjoy each other.

I tend to address the little annoyances of living with a partner by looking for practical solutions. We've been sharing a bedroom and a double bed for twenty years (except when we've had to share a twin bed). We've rarely had more than one bathroom. That doesn't usually bother us. We CANNOT share a computer. That causes relationship problems.

I bought straps to hold the fitted sheet on when it annoyed me that he kept pulling the corners off in his sleep. I bought a king sized comforter when he kept rolling over and stealing the covers. When I got annoyed about him letting the trash get too full, I bought larger trash cans. Not changing lightbulbs, I bought compact fluorescents that last for years. My most recent troubleshooting purchase is a toilet seat that can't be slammed. IOW, I get rid of the annoyance while avoiding confrontation, usually at the cost of a small amount of cash.

I do it in other areas, too. My boys do not like to sort their laundry, so I bought them dark colored underwear and black athletic socks. Now they can throw it all in together without making me look like a bad mother.

Basically, I accept that my feelings and preferences are valid, but they aren't necessarily somebody else's problem, so I take steps to make things how I like them if I can do so without infringing on anyone else's feelings and preferences. That way I can save the big guns (confrontation) for the serious stuff.

That might not be what you're after though. I'm forty-two, so that impacts my perspective, I think.