User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ENTP and Type 5

Infinite Bubble

Default ENTP and Type 5

I think there's already been a few threads on this in the past, but I'm curious so anyhow:

• How common is type 5 for ENTP? Are they mostly just mistyped INTPs (although I am aware this is a fairly rare phenomenon).
    • How exactly does there behavior differ from ones with a more typical type?
    • Could an ENTP that gets type 5 actually be an unhealthy version?

Infinite Bubble

Whoops, accidentally posted this in the wrong section... can a mod move this to the Head Center please?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Whoops, accidentally posted this in the wrong section... can a mod move this to the Head Center please?
    Done.

Uh.. to contribute something, I think ENTP Enneagram 5 is our consensus for House (M.D.)'s type.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

on my irl entp statistics, so far ive came across one male 5w6, one female 5w4 and rest 3s and 7s and three sixes. Two of each multiply numbered enneas mentioned, so 5s would seem common.

Oh and there was a 4w3 entp fem too.

How they differ? All ego ennea entps seem to be self succumbing and people fearing(as in not being themselves) as opposed to the otherwise extroverted entp individuals

oh and there was entp 9w1 male too. Also ego entps are HELL blabbery, beating their more extroverted cousins at one on one. Ego entps seem oblivious of the social realm. They talk more than other entps but really lack any traces of social gracefullness.

Considering the amount of data i poses, you might wonder what on earth entp stalker have you found, well yeah exactly that. A soulmate hunter.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I think my husband is a 1w2 eNTp, not a typical result, but it explains a lot--he can almost come off SJ due to the 1, but he is primarily an ideas/builder of theories type guy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTP 5s are rare because the essential tendencies of a type 5 lean towards introversion (i.e. I'd expect for there to be more ISFP 5s). A true ENTP 5 would have to be very ambiverted/extremely auxiliary influenced at the least.

Unhealthy? If they only look 5 due to stress then they are probably some other type, and figuring out which one that is would be more complicated. Sure someone under stress could easily go to information hoarding or something of the like but not for true 5 motivations.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    ENTP 5s are rare because the essential tendencies of a type 5 lean towards introversion (i.e. I'd expect for there to be more ISFP 5s). A true ENTP 5 would have to be very ambiverted/extremely auxiliary influenced at the least.

Unhealthy? If they only look 5 due to stress then they are probably some other type, and figuring out which one that is would be more complicated. Sure someone under stress could easily go to information hoarding or something of the like but not for true 5 motivations.
    ne is thrillled by new information/pattern gathering. Like a junky. it wants the High, not the coke itself. 5 seems like a wierd type for a primary Ne.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ne is thrillled by new information/pattern gathering. Like a junky. it wants the High, not the coke itself. 5 seems like a wierd type for a primary Ne.
    What's your enneagram, @EcK?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What's your enneagram, @EcK?
    7w8
    i know what you're getting at yes.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Infinite Bubble

@bologna Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    How they differ? All ego ennea entps seem to be self succumbing and people fearing(as in not being themselves) as opposed to the otherwise extroverted entp individuals

oh and there was entp 9w1 male too. Also ego entps are HELL blabbery, beating their more extroverted cousins at one on one. Ego entps seem oblivious of the social realm. They talk more than other entps but really lack any traces of social gracefullness.
    Isn't it a bit of a contradiction that they're people fearing yet blabbery? Wouldn't they be quieter in social situations?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

I suppose an ENTP 5 would indeed look very much like an INTP then. How would you tell the difference between one and an actual INTP?