• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] 6's!!! Have you been in a relationship with an 8 or an Fi dom? And were you happy?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If so what was it like?

I find that when I'm around both Fi doms or 8's they don't want someone to be hypervigilant....which is the core of a 6.

Almost as if they think people are overreacting if they're afraid and we shouldn't be feeling what we are feeling.

Have you have had the same experience? If so how do you react/deal?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 no. First love was an Fi dom - so long ago. She was a deeply emotional person but in a good way. I was a bit of a clod back then and would say things which were not meant to be but were perceived as criticisms which she would react to, leaving me feel stupid and horrible and wanting to make her feel better, which I did. It added a level of intensity to the relationship which was not all bad but I believe may have worn her out after a while. She had a hard time communicating verbally which I did not, which I felt contributed to some challenges. It did help me to learn how to read body language and facial expressions because it was often the only way to know what she was thinking/feeling. It's surprising I can remember this all so clearly.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I seem to be drawn to Type 8 women and ISFP women. INFP are not my stuff. I usually find them boring, and I can't stand boring women. Type 8 women are never boring.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dated an ISFP for >3 years. He'd say I overanalyzed everything for sure, but overreacted no, I doubt it. I'm pretty ridiculously level-headed.

I didn't really have problems with his Fi directly other than he was extremely conflict-averse which led to passive aggressive behaviour and complete inability to bring up things he was unhappy about....instead he'd just lash out about unrelated, trivial things.

It wasn't a good relationship, but I don't think I can blame that on his type.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8 no. First love was an Fi dom - so long ago. She was a deeply emotional person but in a good way. I was a bit of a clod back then and would say things which were not meant to be but were perceived as criticisms which she would react to, leaving me feel stupid and horrible and wanting to make her feel better, which I did. It added a level of intensity to the relationship which was not all bad but I believe may have worn her out after a while. She had a hard time communicating verbally which I did not, which I felt contributed to some challenges. It did help me to learn how to read body language and facial expressions because it was often the only way to know what she was thinking/feeling. It's surprising I can remember this all so clearly.

I am a female 6 w 5 ...and I had a little of the opposite happen. I was with an ISFP...although he was not good at communicating, niether am I, me having introverted feeling as a low function and all.

I seem to be drawn to Type 8 women and ISFP women. INFP are not my stuff. I usually find them boring, and I can't stand boring women. Type 8 women are never boring.

What makes them interesting may I ask? Being Independent?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a relationship now with an Fi Dom. (INFP). Very happy. Interestingly, I think he appreciates my 6ness because he generally doesn't think of those things. We seem to balance each other out. I'm not sure what e-type he is. He's probably a so/sx tho.