• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Type 4s - What type are you drawn to?

Burger King

^Oh and 6s! Leaning towards 6w5. I'm drawn to girls who are tom-boyish and this is totally stereotyping, but 6w5 females tend to fit this role. Not that they're manly or anything. It's just they have a toughness and sharpness to them.

Random - In case anybody cares... I was watching The Walking Dead and I think her names was Maggie... yeah she seems like a 6w5. Ok, I'll show myself the exit now.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
8s are very appealing with their no-nonsense approach. Meanwhile, they seem to crave the same intensity that I do, and are about the only types in the enneagram to keep up with me in that respect.

3s with their drive for success and ability to navigate the world are able to make me feel safe and relaxed and they seem to thrive on my admiration and support.

9s with their soothing touch and ability to keep the peace are also quite intriguing, though my preference goes to 9w8 on that. I do feel that they often consider me more of a head ache, especially after the initial intrigue wears off.

6s can be very interesting...kinda like a pseudo-8, but their paranoia wears on me, as it forces me to constantly 'prove' my loyalty. Meanwhile they seem to react to me as an unpredictable and potentially problematic person in certain situations, probably due to their observation of my mood fluctuations.

1s tend to get annoyed by my mischievous side, so the relationship tends to be strained.

7s and I tend to not trust each other, I find. They dont trust my level of intensity and I dont like their level of carelessness.

I get on great with 5s but they tend not to enjoy, need or desire what I have to offer which makes an intimate relationship sort of pointless.

And 2s and I enjoy a friendly fencing match but are too similar for it to go beyond platonic, I feel.

The same is true for other 4s :)

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Relationship wise, sevens. Always sevens. The girl I loved was an ENFP 7w8 and the guy I like now is an ESFP 6w7 or 7w6. Their playful nature gets me out of my shell, plus the ones I've met always have a great sense of humor.

I have an E5 friend but sometimes I think she's kind of boring, likewise for the E1. I feel bad confessing that, but it's true. They're both very mellow while I'm quite erratic.

The ideal romantic partner for me would probably a nine for stability, although if I ever met an 8w7 sx I'd probably be super attracted.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, I think I'll update my take on this topic.

I've realized over time that 8w9 is my absolute favorite though that could be a generalization (I only know one). "The Bear" is such a perfect description and absolutely the way I feel about it. There's the matching intensity factor, along with direct honesty to meet my own, but also this extremely strong yet gentle source of comfort, protection and challenge. Ugh, love it. I do like 8's in general, but 8w7's can get on my nerves a little after awhile, which can result in...WWIII. I've learned that 8w7 are great friends for me, but not romantic material because I feel like I'm never safe to just fall into them, it's like I'm always fighting them for control of myself. I ironically have that problem with 2's too, though I guess that makes sense.

7w8 is my second preference, they also bring enough intensity to the table (especially if Sx first) but have this giant goofball/little boy thing that I love-- and probably need to loosen me up at times. I also feel like 7w8's embrace my creativity and provide encouragement there that I cannot give myself, I value that greatly. I have tons of ideas, dreams and fantasies and I could see a 7w8 running with them and actually aiding (or forcing) me to make them real. :D

---- This is where I would draw the line if this wasn't real life, and I could demand a SO that is one of the above. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

5w4 - If I could find one that was also athletic and liked the outdoors, then I could see this being a cool match (if a little redundant).

4 - The same goes for this as with 5.

----
1, 2, 3, 6 and 9 are pretty much off the romantic table. I'm glad to (and do) have them as friends though! :hug:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I think I'll update my take on this topic.

I've realized over time that 8w9 is my absolute favorite though that could be a generalization (I only know one). "The Bear" is such a perfect description and absolutely the way I feel about it. There's the matching intensity factor, along with direct honesty to meet my own, but also this extremely strong yet gentle source of comfort, protection and challenge. Ugh, love it. I do like 8's in general, but 8w7's can get on my nerves a little after awhile, which can result in...WWIII. I've learned that 8w7 are great friends for me, but not romantic material because I feel like I'm never safe to just fall into them, it's like I'm always fighting them for control of myself. I ironically have that problem with 2's too, though I guess that makes sense.

7w8 is my second preference, they also bring enough intensity to the table (especially if Sx first) but have this giant goofball/little boy thing that I love-- and probably need to loosen me up at times. I also feel like 7w8's embrace my creativity and provide encouragement there that I cannot give myself, I value that greatly. I have tons of ideas, dreams and fantasies and I could see a 7w8 running with them and actually aiding (or forcing) me to make them real. :D

---- This is where I would draw the line if this wasn't real life, and I could demand a SO that is one of the above. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

5w4 - If I could find one that was also athletic and liked the outdoors, then I could see this being a cool match (if a little redundant).

4 - The same goes for this as with 5.

----
1, 2, 3, 6 and 9 are pretty much off the romantic table. I'm glad to (and do) have them as friends though! :hug:
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] --

Just a curious n00b here -- how do you square someone who is "athletic and liked the outdoors" with your .sig line self-description of "458 - The Scholar" ; unless you are Harvard Physicist Lisa Randall (rock climbing)? :shrug:

Or would it be a case of "opposites attract" ?

Not mocking, genuinely curious.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] --

Just a curious n00b here -- how do you square someone who is "athletic and liked the outdoors" with your .sig line self-description of "458 - The Scholar" ; unless you are Harvard Physicist Lisa Randall (rock climbing)? :shrug:

Or would it be a case of "opposites attract" ?

Not mocking, genuinely curious.

No worries, I chuckled when I read your question. Just above the 458 mention is a quote that pretty well fits how I feel about the outdoors. I think it's part of my magnetism to and general captivation with beauty (especially the imperfect kind) that draws me so deeply to nature. It's also one of the clearest ways I recognize the finger prints of God and feel His presence, so immersing myself in creation is pretty important to me. I suppose the fact that I'm Sx first has something to with my love of adventure too.

As to the athleticism, I grew up dancing competitively (I tend to joke that the only athletic 4's are dancers) so I'm actually pretty athletically capable-- I'm not as strong now as I once was but enough to sufficiently tromp around in nature whenever I can. :)

I'd like someone who could enjoy those kinds of things w/ me. Also, someone who could physically protect me is important, I've dated guys I could beat the crap out of (not that I would) and it never lasts. I'm attracted to strength tempered by humility.

I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 looks like in this context if you'd like.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're all terrible.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No worries, I chuckled when I read your question. Just above the 458 mention is a quote that pretty well fits how I feel about the outdoors. I think it's part of my magnetism to and general captivation with beauty (especially the imperfect kind) that draws me so deeply to nature. It's also one of the clearest ways I recognize the finger prints of God and feel His presence, so immersing myself in creation is pretty important to me. I suppose the fact that I'm Sx first has something to with my love of adventure too.

As to the athleticism, I grew up dancing competitively (I tend to joke that the only athletic 4's are dancers) so I'm actually pretty athletically capable-- I'm not as strong now as I once was but enough to sufficiently tromp around in nature whenever I can. :)

I'd like someone who could enjoy those kinds of things w/ me. Also, someone who could physically protect me is important, I've dated guys I could beat the crap out of (not that I would) and it never lasts. I'm attracted to strength tempered by humility.

I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 looks like in this context if you'd like.
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] -- sorry, real life swept me away for awhile. I'd love to hear it, if you didn't get E4-offended or hurt by my several weeks' silence. :huh:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] -- sorry, real life swept me away for awhile. I'd love to hear it, if you didn't get E4-offended or hurt by my several weeks' silence. :huh:

Haha, "E4 offended"? I'll assume that concept comes from experiences you've had with less healthy 4 specimens. I suppose I do get offended pretty easily but I also have grown in my capacity to choose my battles-- an online forum would be a silly choice.

This is the info I first gathered on 458 when trying to determine my tritype:

The 458 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts but less reactivity than 468.

The 458 is one of the tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

Impenetrable inner world. They are complex individuals, but they are more characterized by the way they tend to push everyone away from them.

458 is the most tough-minded, opinionated, knowledgeable, analytical and direct 4.

Craves knowing what makes people tick.

More openly emotional and expressive, intuitive thinkers and tend to be introverted.

They are intellectuals that take action when they feel strongly about something. Others are always surprised when the 8 appears as this tritype appears quiet.

Will avoid being ignorant and speak up for what they believe in-- fear being inadequate, incompetent and powerless.

The 4-5-8 is the most direct and blunt of all the tritypes.

Seeing their place as in the shadows is exactly how the 458 describes themselves.

The 485 is an intensely original archetype with a passion to explore and find the hidden meaning in all things.

All of that resonates deeply with me, though I think some of the rough edges have become a bit tempered by health. I don't see any conflict in the 458 description with someone who loves and immerses themselves in the outdoors, especially in an exploratory sense. :)

Questions?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, "E4 offended"? I'll assume that concept comes from experiences you've had with less healthy 4 specimens. I suppose I do get offended pretty easily but I also have grown in my capacity to choose my battles-- an online forum would be a silly choice.

This is the info I first gathered on 458 when trying to determine my tritype:

The 458 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts but less reactivity than 468.

The 458 is one of the tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

Impenetrable inner world. They are complex individuals, but they are more characterized by the way they tend to push everyone away from them.

458 is the most tough-minded, opinionated, knowledgeable, analytical and direct 4.

Craves knowing what makes people tick.

More openly emotional and expressive, intuitive thinkers and tend to be introverted.

They are intellectuals that take action when they feel strongly about something. Others are always surprised when the 8 appears as this tritype appears quiet.

Will avoid being ignorant and speak up for what they believe in-- fear being inadequate, incompetent and powerless.

Seeing their place as in the shadows is exactly how the 458 describes themselves.

The 485 is an intensely original archetype with a passion to explore and find the hidden meaning in all things.

All of that resonates deeply with me, though I think some of the rough edges have become a bit tempered by health. I don't see any conflict in the 458 description with someone who loves and immerses themselves in the outdoors, especially in an exploratory sense. :)

Questions?
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] -- yeah, you'd led me to believe in the prior post that you were gonna do this Tour de Force explanation of how the Tritype lent itself to becoming one with the outdoors -- and instead all I get is this intellectual fizzle *pop* that

I don't see any conflict in the 458 description with someone who loves and immerses themselves in the outdoors, especially in an exploratory sense.

Color me crestfallen. :tongue10:

ALSO -- while we're on the subject -- you said that

I'm still learning tritypes ; does the 4-5-8 differ from the 5-4-8? (I think I'm a 5-4-9 but I can still be pretty freaking blunt.)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I'm not offended easily.

I've had a hard life and I have bigger concerns than being offended by small things.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] -- yeah, you'd led me to believe in the prior post that you were gonna do this Tour de Force explanation of how the Tritype lent itself to becoming one with the outdoors -- and instead all I get is this intellectual fizzle *pop* that

I don't see any conflict in the 458 description with someone who loves and immerses themselves in the outdoors, especially in an exploratory sense.

Color me crestfallen. :tongue10:

Well, I'm sorry you were disappointed but you set your own expectations. There's nothing in what I said that promised a large scale analysis with charts and graphs. I simply said I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 as an outdoor enthusiast looked like. :shrug:

Also please remember, my core type is not 5. I'm a creative before I am an analyst-- and to be fair I actually test higher in 8 than 5, so were it a thing, I'd be 485.

ALSO -- while we're on the subject -- you said that

I'm still learning tritypes ; does the 4-5-8 differ from the 5-4-8? (I think I'm a 5-4-9 but I can still be pretty freaking blunt.)

458 is a core 4 with 5 and 8 fixes. 548 is a core 5 with 4 and 8 fixes. 854 is a core 8 with 4 and 5 fixes. I can't see a 549 being even close in verbal directness as 458 because that's a triple withdrawn tritype. Besides, you'd be replacing the 8 with 9 which I would expect to mellow the overall feel a lot. Have you looked into 541? That I could see being a bit more blunt.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm sorry you were disappointed but you set your own expectations. There's nothing in what I said that promised a large scale analysis with charts and graphs. I simply said I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 as an outdoor enthusiast looked like. :shrug:.

[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]--

Ouch, that smarts. But yeah, I did deserve it.

This next remark is in the interests of peace, not pressing for more info. What I had been looking for was your take on what part of being E4 (or the other tritype parts) *lent itself* to being "outdoorsy." Quite mundane.

Also please remember, my core type is not 5. I'm a creative before I am an analyst-- and to be fair I actually test higher in 8 than 5, so were it a thing, I'd be 485.

458 is a core 4 with 5 and 8 fixes. 548 is a core 5 with 4 and 8 fixes. 854 is a core 8 with 4 and 5 fixes. I can't see a 549 being even close in verbal directness as 458 because that's a triple withdrawn tritype. Besides, you'd be replacing the 8 with 9 which I would expect to mellow the overall feel a lot. Have you looked into 541? That I could see being a bit more blunt.

Still don't have a grip on what "heart" and "gut" mean. All I 'understand' is 'head'. In true INTJ fashion, right?
(To quote Foghorn Leghorn, that rooster from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) "That's a joke, son. You're supposed to laugh.")

But I am off-scale verbose when I want to be. Other posters who have had such inflicted upon them in PMs will sadly shake their heads in dismay while silently bearing witness to this...

But, thanks for the feedback, will ponder.

Best regards!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]--

Ouch, that smarts. But yeah, I did deserve it.

This next remark is in the interests of peace, not pressing for more info. What I had been looking for was your take on what part of being E4 (or the other tritype parts) *lent itself* to being "outdoorsy." Quite mundane.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to smart, just to bring truth to the table. I think I may have answered that in response to your first post on this thread, but perhaps I didn't explain it well. Here's what I said:

I think it's part of my magnetism to and general captivation with beauty (especially the imperfect kind) that draws me so deeply to nature. It's also one of the clearest ways I recognize the fingerprints of God and feel His presence, so immersing myself in creation is pretty important to me. I suppose the fact that I'm Sx first has something to with my love of adventure too.

As I see it--

4 draws to nature:
- fascination with and general appreciation of beauty/aesthetics, especially flawed or rugged.
- desire for authenticity
- tendency to see symbolism and deeper meaning in all things
- general romanticisism and wistfulness (running through a forest, tra la la)

5 draws to nature:
- fascination with systems and the way things work
- nihilism (read: anarchy/rebellion), screwing society in general to escape to the wilderness
- desire for space to think and be alone/away from people

8 draws to nature:
- escape from being controlled by others
- deep desire/admiration for purity (their inner child is 2)
- ultimate independance from others (my e8 Dad lives at about 11,000 feet above sea level) which gives them ultimate control over their surroundings.
- w7 desires adventure, w9 desires peace.

Still don't have a grip on what "heart" and "gut" mean. All I 'understand' is 'head'. In true INTJ fashion, right?
(To quote Foghorn Leghorn, that rooster from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) "That's a joke, son. You're supposed to laugh.")

But I am off-scale verbose when I want to be. Other posters who have had such inflicted upon them in PMs will sadly shake their heads in dismay while silently bearing witness to this...

But, thanks for the feedback, will ponder.

Best regards!

heart: relational, emotional. Self worth issues.
gut: instinctual, visceral. Power struggle issues.
head: mental, logical. Anxiety issues.

Lol, my Dad always quotes Foghorn Leghorn. :D

Aleria

My boyfriend is a 2w3 (EsFp)
My close friends are a 5w4 (INfP), 7w6 (ENFP) and 6w7 (eNFP).
I also get along really well with 9w1's.

yeghor

My boyfriend is a 2w3 (EsFp)
My close friends are a 5w4 (INfP), 7w6 (ENFP) and 6w7 (eNFP).
I also get along really well with 9w1's.

I wonder who'd get along well with a critical type 1?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wonder who'd get along well with a critical type 1?
I happen to actually like 1's a lot. But I don't think they usually like me a lot. Typical.

Ashkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I always like to have a close friend with enneatype 5. I like their intense knowledge.
INTJs in MBTI are like this too.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 3w4, and I know I'm not really supposed to comment, but I'm drawn to 9s, 6s, 4s, 5s and 8s... 7s are fun, but they don't have much depth... 8s, 9s, 5s and 4s really get me though, and I get along really well with them. 6s are fun to hang with... :happy: My girlfriend is a 4w3 if that counts for anything... My best friends are a 6w7 and a 8w9