First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

I'm not offended easily.

I've had a hard life and I have bigger concerns than being offended by small things.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    @small.wonder -- yeah, you'd led me to believe in the prior post that you were gonna do this Tour de Force explanation of how the Tritype lent itself to becoming one with the outdoors -- and instead all I get is this intellectual fizzle *pop* that

I don't see any conflict in the 458 description with someone who loves and immerses themselves in the outdoors, especially in an exploratory sense.

Color me crestfallen.
    Well, I'm sorry you were disappointed but you set your own expectations. There's nothing in what I said that promised a large scale analysis with charts and graphs. I simply said I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 as an outdoor enthusiast looked like.

Also please remember, my core type is not 5. I'm a creative before I am an analyst-- and to be fair I actually test higher in 8 than 5, so were it a thing, I'd be 485.

ALSO -- while we're on the subject -- you said that

The 4-5-8 is the most direct and blunt of all the tritypes.

I'm still learning tritypes ; does the 4-5-8 differ from the 5-4-8? (I think I'm a 5-4-9 but I can still be pretty freaking blunt.)
    458 is a core 4 with 5 and 8 fixes. 548 is a core 5 with 4 and 8 fixes. 854 is a core 8 with 4 and 5 fixes. I can't see a 549 being even close in verbal directness as 458 because that's a triple withdrawn tritype. Besides, you'd be replacing the 8 with 9 which I would expect to mellow the overall feel a lot. Have you looked into 541? That I could see being a bit more blunt.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Well, I'm sorry you were disappointed but you set your own expectations. There's nothing in what I said that promised a large scale analysis with charts and graphs. I simply said I'd be glad to discuss more what 458 as an outdoor enthusiast looked like. .
    @small.wonder--

Ouch, that smarts. But yeah, I did deserve it.

This next remark is in the interests of peace, not pressing for more info. What I had been looking for was your take on what part of being E4 (or the other tritype parts) *lent itself* to being "outdoorsy." Quite mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Also please remember, my core type is not 5. I'm a creative before I am an analyst-- and to be fair I actually test higher in 8 than 5, so were it a thing, I'd be 485.

458 is a core 4 with 5 and 8 fixes. 548 is a core 5 with 4 and 8 fixes. 854 is a core 8 with 4 and 5 fixes. I can't see a 549 being even close in verbal directness as 458 because that's a triple withdrawn tritype. Besides, you'd be replacing the 8 with 9 which I would expect to mellow the overall feel a lot. Have you looked into 541? That I could see being a bit more blunt.
    Still don't have a grip on what "heart" and "gut" mean. All I 'understand' is 'head'. In true INTJ fashion, right?
    (To quote Foghorn Leghorn, that rooster from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) "That's a joke, son. You're supposed to laugh.")

But I am off-scale verbose when I want to be. Other posters who have had such inflicted upon them in PMs will sadly shake their heads in dismay while silently bearing witness to this...

But, thanks for the feedback, will ponder.

Best regards!
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

@small.wonder--

Ouch, that smarts. But yeah, I did deserve it.

This next remark is in the interests of peace, not pressing for more info. What I had been looking for was your take on what part of being E4 (or the other tritype parts) *lent itself* to being "outdoorsy." Quite mundane.
    Sorry, I didn't mean for that to smart, just to bring truth to the table. I think I may have answered that in response to your first post on this thread, but perhaps I didn't explain it well. Here's what I said:

I think it's part of my magnetism to and general captivation with beauty (especially the imperfect kind) that draws me so deeply to nature. It's also one of the clearest ways I recognize the fingerprints of God and feel His presence, so immersing myself in creation is pretty important to me. I suppose the fact that I'm Sx first has something to with my love of adventure too.
    As I see it--

4 draws to nature:
    - fascination with and general appreciation of beauty/aesthetics, especially flawed or rugged.
    - desire for authenticity
    - tendency to see symbolism and deeper meaning in all things
    - general romanticisism and wistfulness (running through a forest, tra la la)

5 draws to nature:
    - fascination with systems and the way things work
    - nihilism (read: anarchy/rebellion), screwing society in general to escape to the wilderness
    - desire for space to think and be alone/away from people

8 draws to nature:
    - escape from being controlled by others
    - deep desire/admiration for purity (their inner child is 2)
    - ultimate independance from others (my e8 Dad lives at about 11,000 feet above sea level) which gives them ultimate control over their surroundings.
    - w7 desires adventure, w9 desires peace.

Still don't have a grip on what "heart" and "gut" mean. All I 'understand' is 'head'. In true INTJ fashion, right?
    (To quote Foghorn Leghorn, that rooster from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) "That's a joke, son. You're supposed to laugh.")

But I am off-scale verbose when I want to be. Other posters who have had such inflicted upon them in PMs will sadly shake their heads in dismay while silently bearing witness to this...

But, thanks for the feedback, will ponder.

Best regards!
    heart: relational, emotional. Self worth issues.
    gut: instinctual, visceral. Power struggle issues.
    head: mental, logical. Anxiety issues.

Lol, my Dad always quotes Foghorn Leghorn.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

I presume 4s would be drawn to 2s or 3s...

My boyfriend is a 2w3 (EsFp)
    My close friends are a 5w4 (INfP), 7w6 (ENFP) and 6w7 (eNFP).
    I also get along really well with 9w1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleria View Post
    My boyfriend is a 2w3 (EsFp)
    My close friends are a 5w4 (INfP), 7w6 (ENFP) and 6w7 (eNFP).
    I also get along really well with 9w1's.
    I wonder who'd get along well with a critical type 1?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I wonder who'd get along well with a critical type 1?
    I happen to actually like 1's a lot. But I don't think they usually like me a lot. Typical.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Socionics
    IEI

I always like to have a close friend with enneatype 5. I like their intense knowledge.
    INTJs in MBTI are like this too.
    HOMO HOMINI LUPUS
    man is a wolf to [his fellow] man.

Plautus' Asinaria (195 BC)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp

I'm a 3w4, and I know I'm not really supposed to comment, but I'm drawn to 9s, 6s, 4s, 5s and 8s... 7s are fun, but they don't have much depth... 8s, 9s, 5s and 4s really get me though, and I get along really well with them. 6s are fun to hang with... My girlfriend is a 4w3 if that counts for anything... My best friends are a 6w7 and a 8w9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: