• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Type 4s - What type are you drawn to?

Sunny Ghost

Meeting other 4s can have a polarizing effect. I'm either strongly attracted or severely annoyed. Though it may come down to the wing, now that I think about it.

I'm also often drawn towards 9s. Though I often become frustrated with them over time due to their go with the flow mentality. Fun initially.

I generally steer clear of 8s. 2s can become frustrating. 7s are fun but I grow tired of their constant need of stimulation.

I want to say I'm often drawn towards 5s and 6s, but I honestly have difficulty distinguishing these enneatypes in the real world. Enneagram in general is more difficult for me to figure out.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I value authenticity, kindness, and intelligence in people. Most of my life I've been interested to meet and listen to a diverse range of people in order to learn all the different ways people can think and feel. Nowadays, I'm mostly drawn towards:

2's - Who work to be helpful to others. I admire this quality, and find that more extroverted people are generally more skilled at it. I would tend to enjoy providing emotional support for people who give a lot and join in with their pursuits.

4's - I enjoy people who are purely authentic, and in my life this tends to translate into meeting other creative artists, some of whom are 4's. I like to hear other people's truth and learn about their creative processes.

5's - I have always been drawn to the intellectual hermit. Conversations about topics in which I am not as knowledgeable are rewarding because then I learn.

9's - It's always easiest to be around peacemakers. Depending on their personal interests, there may not be a lot to talk about as there is with 4's and 5's.

Tinyclaws

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
6,7 and probably 1

friendwise - 5, 4, 2 and 9

ImaFour

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Romantically, I'm most drawn to my fellow Fours. The kindness and sensitivity is a big attraction.
I also like Twos for their warmth and generous spirit.
Nines are a pleasure to be with but there's no way to really connect on a deep level, at least in my experience.
I'm also comfortable much of the time with Ones and Fives but I'm totally turned off by their eruptions of anger.
Threes and Sevens just don't appeal to me because I can't be sure of their authenticity and their apparent lack of a deep and steady commitment.
Six is kind of unknown country to me but I'd like to explore.
Eights? Not ever, not even the 'healthy' Eight for me. The worldview and love of confrontation is just too alien.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's hard to say exactly who attracts me, because different people attract me for different reason... so far I've noticed I tend to enjoy being with enneagram 5s very much, I like smartasses and people who can teach me, show me new things. I enjoy the company of 7s because whenever things are getting too serious, they can always lighten up the atmosphere and bring the party back on track. 6s are bit unhealthy for me, but I am drawn to them for some stupid reason. 9s are really cool too. So I'd say it's 5s,7s,6s and 9s.

her-space-holiday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
beauty. profound stuff. I like laughing at myself because sometimes I'm just ridiculous and melodramatic about that sort of stuff. I think a lot of things that are considered normal about people and the world are really absurd and weird and I like to laugh at it all.

creating beautiful things, existing in beautiful places, that really pretty sunset that I'm craning my neck to see and nearly swerving off the road in the process....

I'm a sensual person in general, I get lost in songs and I like to simultaneously ponder and laugh about the tragic beauty of being a human being.

I'm also vain and self absorbed as all fuck, it's kind of an inherent part of my personality I try to minimize.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
All of them. Every single one.

ARET45

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Type 4s - What type are you drawn to? What is it that draws you to them?

Type 5 and 9. Sometimes type 6.

As a 5 winger, I often find myself to be a 'kindred spirit' with many 5s.

I am able to communicate in most depth with these types; the 9 will take on the communication style of the other, so they will often take on my 5ish characteristics in a 'peace-seeking' way. Type 9 are calm, and at times it seem slike you can communicate with them about just about anything.

As a withdrawn type, the contemplative, analytical communication style of other withdrawns often seems most compatible.

rien

MBTI Type
INTJ
As a 4w5, nines are very sympatetic to me, because they so calm and seeks peace.

ARET45

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
5s, 9s the most. Sometimes 6s.

I find that I can talk to 5s in more 'depth', and can also explore the darker side a bit more, though that may seem superficial. 9 is also patient, receptive and can be 'deep' in communication partly because they can adapt to other. The communication feels more deep and not as 'light' as with 7. I also like 8s, 2s and 3s at times. 1s, rarely. 4s, sometimes but I find they can be difficult as well.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The ideal types for me are E2s and E6s. In their different ways both of these types are caring, sensitive and unafraid of intimacy. I am a very emotionally complex, dynamic and devoted partner which is something both the E2 and E6 woman want. They can provide a bit of a sounding board for me and don't seem phased by my mood shifting and intensity. I also like E3s and E4s, in fact these are the women who are most attracted to me, but we probably have too many weak points in common to support each other in a rut.

Types for me to avoid are E5s, E9s and E1s. These women are not very effusive, they dislike my theatrics, volatility (and in the case of E1) irreverence. While I like E9 women, their avoidant nature spells disaster in a relationship. E5s and E1s come across as bland, rigid and dull.

I don't have any strong feelings about E7s and E8s.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not 4 but there is something that attracts me to 4s (unless they are totally unhealthy), I guess it is lack of emotional detachment. As if only with them you can experience love in the way it should be experienced.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Upper average to healthy 2s...
For a rescuer-seeking 4 like me, 2s rescue me. When healthy, they have a way of making my Fe feel at ease.. and are the most warm and giving people you'll meet.

My beloved fellow 4s...
I care a lot about unhealthy 4s since I've been there. Average to healthy 4s tie with my other favorite type, 1s. They are the deepest people you'll meet. They embody facets of creativity and shades of emotional colors that some could never imagine.

5s...
I'm so impressed with 5s. Their knowledge mesmerizes me and makes for potentially intriguing/satisfying conversation. They mentally explore with me, thoroughly, and have that amazing ability to retain information. I have much to learn from them.

7s...
They are bundles of energy and charm and fun to go out and explore and do things with. They can truly be a refreshing light in the melancholy world of a 4. But at times their scattered'ness can stress me out. And I've often found there to be a frustrating friction between their 7 avoidance of painful topics and my 4 draw toward.. "the dark side." Still love them though.

9s...
I talk a lot. & they listen. I especially love that I can easily get them interested in new things. And they'll endlessly come along with my proposed spontaneous adventures. I feel like I can relax around them. Put any 9 and I in a room together and somehow we always end up getting drawn to each other's aura.

I greatly admire 1s...
And they tie with my other favorite type, 4.
They have an uncompromising sense of morality or strong personal values. They strive to do the right thing, even at personal risk or sacrifice. (And I admire sacrifice more than any thing in the entire world.) They are inspiring, motivating, challenging, excellent teachers who lead by example, visionaries, driven and self-disciplined. When they do something, they do it all the way and they do it well. They give their 100, their all.

(Now I feel guilty for my top favorites being that of my own tritype. Hope it doesn't seem vain lol.)

shuawei

I am Fi-IEE (ENFP) 4w3 (7-8) sx/sp.

Both of my boyfriends were sx/sos (one was 5-2-1 and the other was 3-1-7; both had strong 1 sx influences in their tritypes). I dated a 8-2-5 sp/so, meh.

So I guess, I have a thing competent types, lol.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Other E4s. E1, E2, E5, E6, and E7.

Epic Love

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely 6 and 8. My boyfriend is something between the two. He leans more towards a 6 but his tritype also involves the 8, so yeah... It's actually quite hard to pin down, but romantically I wouldn't be interested in any other type anyways. They just fit my criteria very well.

Other 4s, but they have to be healthy and not desperate, needy, and too intense, otherwise I'll run the other direction. I like 9s too and they're usually more laid-back, which I admire. Not sure about the other types. It would depend on the person overall.