• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Careers for type 3s?

xisnotx

Permabanned
Any suggestions?

There seems to be very little on this online. Kind of surprising.

Maybe an emphasis on realism. Yeah, being an actor would suit a three....but I doubt very much that all threes are actors. So, you know, "real jobs"...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any suggestions?

There seems to be very little on this online. Kind of surprising.

Maybe an emphasis on realism. Yeah, being an actor would suit a three....but I doubt very much that all threes are actors. So, you know, "real jobs"...

I'm doing a mass communications diploma and from what I know, this diploma prepares me for 3 different fields:

- journalism
- public relations (PR)
- marketing communications

From a sneak peek of PR, I can say that it's a very enneagram 3 profession. There's a lot of emphasis on looking presentable, being ready and being socially graceful. I know this because I've been to many events which my magazine invites me and the people handling the media are usually PR executives.

In addition, the profession itself is centered around image management (of your clients) and changing or shaping the opinion of an audience towards your client. If the opinion of your said client is already good amongst your target audience, your job as a PR executive is to make the opinion even better.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
become a member of the kardashian family

G

garbage

- journalism
- public relations (PR)
- marketing communications
Sounds about right. If you're looking for hands-on or realism, then something revolving around marketing is a good option.

become a member of the kardashian family
Sounds about right, too. You become famous for some reason, then you stay famous just because you have been famous before.

PursuitOfHappiness

Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First, decide if what you want to get out of a job...If money is your priority, get into a relatively big company in a FAST growing industry. You may rise to the top and be an executive faster than you think. Get as much stock options as possible and you could strike it rich relatively quickly. On the other hand, if you want to make some kind of change in the world, persuade others to follow you, and surround yourself with people that you consider to be smarter than yourself.

Second, let's face it, you can be successful is so many different fields. For people with other personality types, I may advise a narrower focus, but, friend, the world is your oyster. You have a valuable work capacity inside you that most others lack, and these qualities can be seen by others even if they do not understand the Enneagram. My one request: Please be kind to the people past whom you excel. Good luck to you.