User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The majority of my friends are usually type 6's and 7's - I can't say I talk to other type 9's enough. I don't think I've even been romantically interested in one either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

There isn't many that I come across to be drawn to. I've not had a romantic interest in one also.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Similarminds chart displays compatibility between type 9 and type 1, so these two types should be drawn to each other. Makes me think that some 9s drawn to other 9s are 1w9s with a strong wing who have typed themselves incorrectly into their wing type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

e9 boyfriend has several good friends who also strike me as 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    This is just a rough estimate, but based on my attractions, I think I'm attracted to enneagram 6's most of the times. Ironically, it is one of the few types I can easily keep under my thumbs(ie. play the more dominant role/being the descision maker).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryadai View Post
    The majority of my friends are usually type 6's and 7's - I can't say I talk to other type 9's enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Generally, I'm attracted to more polarizing types though: usually 1s, counterphobic 6s, and sometimes 8s, who have a mobilizing effect on me.
    9 and 6 seems to be a pretty good combination. I work with another 6, very cp, who is very happily married to a 9. I think the 9 peacefulness and optimism is very comforting to the 6, and I guess the 6 energy and analysis is appealing to the 9. It's a nice balance, I feel like, because we kind of pull each other back in the places where we start to get too caught up in ourselves. Both types also have an interesting desire to unite - 9 to meld and 6 to belong - so it's easy to attach to one another, where we feel mutual acceptance and inclusion.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Similarminds chart displays compatibility between type 9 and type 1, so these two types should be drawn to each other. Makes me think that some 9s drawn to other 9s are 1w9s with a strong wing who have typed themselves incorrectly into their wing type.
    Personally, I think that similarminds chart is crap.

It's based off the idea that, for some reason, relationships that "add up to" 10w10 are ideal (1w9+9w1, 4w5+6w5, etc).

What kind of basis is that? Spiritual? That 10 would be completion, and we need to find our other part to get there?

There's barely even any explanation for it, and, as such, imo, it should be taken with a huge dose of salt.

I have no idea what he means by main type vs mean type. What the hell is a mean type??

It seems to be based of some "omni" concept of enneagram or something.

I also don't think the stuff about instinctual variants is accurate.

http://www.similarminds.com/idealtypes.html

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    9 and 6 seems to be a pretty good combination. I work with another 6, very cp, who is very happily married to a 9. I think the 9 peacefulness and optimism is very comforting to the 6, and I guess the 6 energy and analysis is appealing to the 9. It's a nice balance, I feel like, because we kind of pull each other back in the places where we start to get too caught up in ourselves. Both types also have an interesting desire to unite - 9 to meld and 6 to belong - so it's easy to attach to one another, where we feel mutual acceptance and inclusion.
    I wouldn't say 6 and 9 was pretty good, that down plays how amazing the connection can be!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I wouldn't say 6 and 9 was pretty good, that down plays how amazing the connection can be!

Well, that is true. I didn't want to overgeneralize my own experience. But yes, my 9 is my haven, my healing balm, and my home.

I don't think I know another 9. I would really like to get to know someone that does identify with 9 because I do think there would be a connection.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Personally, I think that similarminds chart is crap.

It's based off the idea that, for some reason, relationships that "add up to" 10w10 are ideal (1w9+9w1, 4w5+6w5, etc).

What kind of basis is that? Spiritual? That 10 would be completion, and we need to find our other part to get there?
    I don't know what is the basis of 10 being the magic number, but this enneagram compatibility study confirms some of it. There are quite a few 2-8 and 1-9 pairings: http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

If you read through the profiles of 1s and 9s it makes sense that they go well together. 1s can provide the impetus to move 9 to decision and action, since 1s are people of action themselves. 9s are non-critical, and relatively easy-going and all accepting, which can soothe the anxieties and angry outbursts of 1s. 1s tend to be very opinionated and 9s are inclined to say "sure" and go along instead of arguing.

I can't imagine two fives together though, as that chart suggests.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    I don't know what is the basis of 10 being the magic number, but this enneagram compatibility study confirms some of it. There are quite a few 2-8 and 1-9 pairings: http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html
    Yeah, I'm familiar with that data.

And I trust it far more than similarmind's homespun crackpot theory.

There might be a good number of 2-8 and 1-9 pairings, but how about 5-5, 4-6, 7-3?

Hell, the only one of those ten pairings that is actually over-represented is 8 husband, 2 wife.

And the 6 husband, 4 wife pairing is underrepresented, so there's no apparent overall over-representation.

In fact, 1 females are more likely to get with 2s, 5s and 7s, and 1 males with 3s, 5s (2 sd's above chance), and 7s.

Also, the above points to another problem with the similarminds chart: it doesn't differentiate between men and women.

And that 9types data shows that a clear differentiation exists between men and women and the relationships they choose to enter.