• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Give me a description of an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm trying to get my hands on a description of an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO. I can find plenty of descriptions of ennegram 7w6's, plenty of sexual 7's, and even an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO description. Can anyone provide me with this description? I am contemplating the possibility that I may be a 7w6 SX/SO instead of a 7w6 SO/SX.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Really no one can provide me with this description? What about you [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I can transcribe the text from The Wisdom of the Enneagram if you like. Give me a minute and I'll edit this post.

Hmm, too much text to put here, but I recommend you purchase that book or find it somewhere. ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't give you 7w6, but I can give you 7 and the stackings, from ocean-moonshine.net:

Social/Sexual

This Seven has a lot of energy although not always a productive energy, as it often contains a frenetic quality. These Sevens usually have a great sense of humor and many comedians are soc/sexual sevens. The social and sexual instincts go hand in hand with the type Seven fixation. These Sevens want to keep things light. They have fast sharp minds that incorporate social awareness into their humor which they use to get by in their interactions with the world. On the down side, commitment is a big issue for this subtype. They cultivate many friendships and can thrive on winning people over, making them laugh and entertaining them but intimacy can feel threatening and constraining. For others, interacting with this subtype of Seven can feel draining, because they are “on” so much of the time.

With the self-pres instinct least developed in the stacking, they tend to lose focus on their many plans. On the down side, their health and commitments can fall by the wayside in lieu of the buzz of the newest excitement.

In intimate relationships, this subtype is “the charmer,” but they maintain their freedom from any strong ties to the one person. They may end up in marriages or long term commitments where they hook up with someone reliable and stable, someone with a much more low key personality. This gives them the stability they don’t have themselves. This eventually leads to trouble if the soc/sexual seven doesn’t realize that responsibility for his or her own life can’t be transferred to another. It’s not that the soc/sexual goes into the relationship with this kind of pattern in mind. It is just easy for the dynamic to default to that dynamic.

Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives. They have many of the same issues and share many of the same problems as the other sexual first subtype with regards to relationship addiction and have even more dependency issues then the sexual/self-pres. They can lose focus and drift similar to the social/sexual subtype and their high energy can likewise be draining for others.

With this subtype, you have drama mixed with mental energy. What separates them from Fours who they might resemble superficially is their planning and future orientation. Their drama and intensity is focused on what they are going to do, not on what has happened. They are usually blind to their past, moving forward and not looking back.

--

I think in general when considering so versus sx, so prefers to expand to the greater arena. They feel confined by relating to only one thing for too long. Sx would prefer to relate to one thing for as long as possible. We sometimes feel pressured and annoyed by the greater arena for drawing us out of our immersive relationships.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can transcribe the text from The Wisdom of the Enneagram if you like. Give me a minute and I'll edit this post.

Hmm, too much text to put here, but I recommend you purchase that book or find it somewhere. ;)

Yeah I have that book. I fit the "Wisdom of the Enneagram" sexual seven description very well.

However, [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

I have also seen the ocean-moonshine description, and that 7w6 SO/SX description also fits me. My SX and SO variants are very close.

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha

I'm suprised this is really a problem. Especially since Sx and So are like super different.

You just need to find out your dominancy, and you'll know which one you are.

S

Society

I'm trying to get my hands on a description of an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO. I can find plenty of descriptions of ennegram 7w6's, plenty of sexual 7's, and even an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO description. Can anyone provide me with this description? I am contemplating the possibility that I may be a 7w6 SX/SO instead of a 7w6 SO/SX.

i've had the same problem... there's 7 sx/so descriptions, there's 7w6 descriptions, there's entp descriptions...

i have not seen anyone trying to make the leap into the full 16(MBTI) x 9 (E) x2 (Wing) x 6 (instinctual)... or even just the last 3.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could I have a description of 7w6 So/Sp vs 7w6 Sx/Sp?

I am fairly sure (70%) I am social dominant, but I am seeking confirmation…

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bump!

anyone? 7w6? I can't find a good description.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
bump!

anyone? 7w6? I can't find a good description.

After having many months to research this, I have finally come up with a description:

7w6 sx/so's are very wild and entertaining people. 7w6 sx/so people tend to live almost rock star life styles; they tend to live every day like it's their last. When thinking of the 7w6 sx/so think of the classic rock star that dreams of stardom, takes the huge risk of going on the road and trying to become famous, finally becomes famous, lives a crazy and wild lifestyle when they are a rockstar (sex, drugs, and rock n' roll), and then dies of a drug overdose.

7w6 sx/so's tend to dream big and are huge risk takers. They often love to be the center of attention, and often times are the life of the party (when they arrive, the true party begins). The 7w6 sx/so's tend to stand out like a sore thumb no matter what. They also tend to have more energy then they know what do do with, and feel that they must constantly get a constant high from something. It is because of this, that they tend to be very attracted to drugs as well.

Now because they are sp last, and because they are 7's they tend to often be confused for 7w8's. However the main difference between the 7w6 sx/so and the 7w8, is that the 7w6 tends to be more naturally self questioning and tends to be more anxious. The 7w8 on the other hand tends to be the type that is 100% sure of themselves all the time.

Examples of 7w6 sx/so's are Drew Barrymore, Robin Williams, Freddy Mercury, and Robert Plant of "Led Zeplin".

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After having many months to research this, I have finally come up with a description:

7w6 sx/so's are very wild and entertaining people. 7w6 sx/so people tend to live almost rock star life styles; they tend to live every day like it's their last. When thinking of the 7w6 sx/so think of the classic rock star that dreams of stardom, takes the huge risk of going on the road and trying to become famous, finally becomes famous, lives a crazy and wild lifestyle when they are a rockstar (sex, drugs, and rock n' roll), and then dies of a drug overdose.

7w6 sx/so's tend to dream big and are huge risk takers. They often love to be the center of attention, and often times are the life of the party (when they arrive, the true party begins). The 7w6 sx/so's tend to stand out like a sore thumb no matter what. They also tend to have more energy then they know what do do with, and feel that they must constantly get a constant high from something. It is because of this, that they tend to be very attracted to drugs as well.

Now because they are sp last, and because they are 7's they tend to often be confused for 7w8's. However the main difference between the 7w6 sx/so and the 7w8, is that the 7w6 tends to be more naturally self questioning and tends to be more anxious. The 7w8 on the other hand tends to be the type that is 100% sure of themselves all the time.

Examples of 7w6 sx/so's are Drew Barrymore, Robin Williams, Freddy Mercury, and Robert Plant of "Led Zeplin".

Hm, that's interesting. I definitely enjoy fun and have done my share of partying and living it up, but I don't really think I've ever been a "sex drugs and rock and roll" person. I thought I read that 7w8 was a little more like that, while the 6 wing makes a 7w6 a little more relationship-oriented wanting to nurture and be a reliable and supportive partner. I found this description after I bumped the thread:

Sevens with a Six wing are a little bit more down-to-earth and interested in sitting still long enough to forge relationships. They care whether you like them or not, and once they've committed to a relationship are more likely to be loyal, faithful, and stick with it through thick and thin. And lucky you, because they are often warm, gracious, and sweet.

Sevens with a Six wing are also light on their feet and full of charm. They seem sweet, vulnerable, and somewhat silly, but it's obvious a clever mind runs the show. They also have charming senses of humor and entertain many with their infinitely endearing stories. A lot of comedians are also Sevens with a Six wing, but they tend to be the ones without a heavy dark side hidden under their jocular persona. Their natural gluttony can be for the desire for information instead of appetite.

If they are pathological, Sevens with a Six wing can be interminably sensitive, weepy, fearful, and clinging. It's as if they become easily unglued and spin off in divergent destructive cycles: latching on to negative partners and then abruptly breaking things off, sleeping around very indiscriminately, or drinking or eating too much and then starving themselves. Some develop a proclivity for really mean humor, the kind you see in some cartoonists.

Let me know what you think.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hm, that's interesting. I definitely enjoy fun and have done my share of partying and living it up, but I don't really think I've ever been a "sex drugs and rock and roll" person. I thought I read that 7w8 was a little more like that, while the 6 wing makes a 7w6 a little more relationship-oriented wanting to nurture and be a reliable and supportive partner. I found this description after I bumped the thread:

Sevens with a Six wing are a little bit more down-to-earth and interested in sitting still long enough to forge relationships. They care whether you like them or not, and once they've committed to a relationship are more likely to be loyal, faithful, and stick with it through thick and thin. And lucky you, because they are often warm, gracious, and sweet.

Sevens with a Six wing are also light on their feet and full of charm. They seem sweet, vulnerable, and somewhat silly, but it's obvious a clever mind runs the show. They also have charming senses of humor and entertain many with their infinitely endearing stories. A lot of comedians are also Sevens with a Six wing, but they tend to be the ones without a heavy dark side hidden under their jocular persona. Their natural gluttony can be for the desire for information instead of appetite.

If they are pathological, Sevens with a Six wing can be interminably sensitive, weepy, fearful, and clinging. It's as if they become easily unglued and spin off in divergent destructive cycles: latching on to negative partners and then abruptly breaking things off, sleeping around very indiscriminately, or drinking or eating too much and then starving themselves. Some develop a proclivity for really mean humor, the kind you see in some cartoonists.

If you buy a book called "Wisdom of the Enneagram" they have a sexual 7 description that is basically a 7w6 sx/so description and tends to fit that type the best. I would recommend that description.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

If you buy a book called "Wisdom of the Enneagram" they have a sexual 7 description that is basically a 7w6 sx/so description and tends to fit that type the best. I would recommend that description.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That sounds accurate...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]

How much do you relate to Drew Barrymore? I believe that she an ENFP 7w6 Sx/So with a 792 tri-type like yourself.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]

How much do you relate to Drew Barrymore? I believe that she an ENFP 7w6 Sx/So with a 792 tri-type like yourself.

Lol, no idea. Never met her : p

Seriously though, it's hard for me to feel like I know people's typology if I don't know them personally. That's why I don't have a lot of opinions about people on the forum's types unless I feel like I've gotten to know them fairly well. Sorry : /

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Lol, no idea. Never met her : p

Seriously though, it's hard for me to feel like I know people's typology if I don't know them personally. That's why I don't have a lot of opinions about people on the forum's types unless I feel like I've gotten to know them fairly well. Sorry : /

Well if you truly are an enfp 7w6 sx/so with a 792 tri-type then she's the exact same type as you. Check out this interview and see if you relate to her...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well if you truly are an enfp 7w6 sx/so with a 792 tri-type then she's the exact same type as you. Check out this interview and see if you relate to her...

Whoa, yep. I do relate a lot. I feel like I get like rollin like that, like when she started talking about all the Jewish things she does. When she said her skirt was "happy". I dunno, I'm not sure if what's all type-related, but I don't think I went into watching it thinking "oh, I'm totally going to relate to her", so maybe that gives it more clout. The way she talked about singing to her baby was something I could imagine doing. And just like being kinda official with her answers, like trying to give complete and composed responses, but super like into them and expressive and with like casual language. :shrug: I think yes.