Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Tell me about your anger.

So! As gut types, we have issues with ANGER! Tell me about your anger. What kind of problems and issues do you have with anger?

I'll go first.

I have a lot of repressed anger and problem with expressing it. It usually gets repressed, pushed down but I know now that it doesn't go away. It just stagnates and becomes resentment. For me, it manifests in long periods of sullenness, long-standing grudges, silent treatment, attempts to 'damnatio memoriae' that person, refusing to acknowledge that person's existence.

I am a lot better with not doing those now and of letting go than I was and hope that it will get even better.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

What's a gut type?

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    What's a gut type?
    Enneagram types 8,9,1.

aka. Instinctive Center.

The issue surrounding our Basic Fear/Desire is Anger. 8s overexpress, 1s underexpress, and 9s lose touch, in short.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

For myself it's a collection of negatives built up over time that i have been unable to resolve that boil and spill over.

It may seem to come from nowhere...but there is a pattern. The associated feelings that go with the inability to reconcile things in my head can result in emotional/angry outbursts.

Thankfully, once out, they are usually cleaned up pretty easily.

(I'm fairly certain this is confusing but can't seem to find a better way of expressing it in words right now)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

My thing is that I have a hard time asserting myself because when I do assert myself, and I get push back from it, I clam up and withdrawal as I don't really want the conflict. So what then ends up happening is my feelings get disregarded, I develop resentment while putting on a facade of being calm, and then one day I can't deal with my resentment anymore and it comes out in a really spectacular fashion....

....and then I end up feeling guilty because I often say things I don't really mean or that are really hurtful and everyone around me thinks of me as some kind of emotional basket case.

I have found the best way of dealing with conflict, if the person I'm dealing with won't resolve it peaceably is to just withdrawal entirely rather than losing my head. Life is too short to engage in a prolonged conflict and odds, 99% of the time, it's not worth the energy
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

No sleep cranky and enough pokes is a recipe for sensational irritation.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    So! As gut types, we have issues with ANGER! Tell me about your anger. What kind of problems and issues do you have with anger?

I'll go first.

I have a lot of repressed anger and problem with expressing it. It usually gets repressed, pushed down but I know now that it doesn't go away. It just stagnates and becomes resentment. For me, it manifests in long periods of sullenness, long-standing grudges, silent treatment, attempts to 'damnatio memoriae' that person, refusing to acknowledge that person's existence.

I am a lot better with not doing those now and of letting go than I was and hope that it will get even better.
    I still don't know my enneagram, but I am often told i look angry or come off angry...which i'm not but when they tell me that i am. I am just an ENTJ...the Fi bottles up...then i will hit anyone with the explosion....when i am just a little angry here and there though i am totally ignoring that there's even the presence of the person upsetting me. I am annoyed even having to work on controling my anger... lol sad, i probably am a 1...but not sure...maybe because i don't want to be...I don't like other 1's irl. ...i have gone over and over all of the desires and fears of 1 and 6 enneagram and i don't feel like either match me...sighs.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I have a tendency to conceal my anger so I'm prone to violent outburts; verbal, physical, or otherwise.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My son is a 9w8. He tends to repress ANY strong emotion. He was talking about this tonight. About how he boxes away his feelings. His setting is 'smooth sailing' and he doesn't like to be shoved out of that. He can get angry but it's a quiet storm. I'm amazed that he even recognized this about himself at such a young age.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post

I'll go first.

Anger is about circumvention.
    Read: Indirection brought by another party.

Crooked ways.
    Chicanery.
    Wiles.

The circumvention is not your thing.
    Move on.