Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    well just when i was about to come to terms with the emotion...
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

I'm not Trunks

feh! everytime I get mad or angry, my two younger brothers will laughed at me and teased me. Darn it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    feh! everytime I get mad or angry, my two younger brothers will laughed at me and teased me. Darn it!
    urpf that seems a bit harsh. do you know why they'd do this?
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    IsFJ

(Not sure if I'm a gut or a head type.)

I suppress quite a lot of anger and criticism, partly because I want to behave like a mature person (to the extent that I can) and not just throw temper tantrums whenever I please, but mostly because I fear being wrong and having to eat crow and withstand the shame and humilitation of apologizing for an outburst. As a result, I can sublimate it into self-berating, fidgetiness, exhasperation, resentment, envy, dissociation, aloofness and general stickupmyassery.

End result:

Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    (Not sure if I'm a gut or a head type.)

I suppress quite a lot of anger and criticism, partly because I want to behave like a mature person (to the extent that I can) and not just throw temper tantrums whenever I please, but mostly because I fear being wrong and having to eat crow and withstand the shame and humilitation of apologizing for an outburst. As a result, I can sublimate it into self-berating, fidgetiness, exhasperation, resentment, envy, dissociation, aloofness and general stickupmyassery.

End result:

you know I used to think anger = explosive temper tantrums/ making a scene/ shouting/yelling and unpleasant stuff like that but I realized that it can take other forms. All those stuff that you mentioned are also forms of anger.

I think at some point when I realized that just because I don't show anger in the conventionally understood sense of the word doesn't make it go away, which makes me realize that I have to deal with it because it's going to be there whether I like it or not UNTIL I deal with it...which is like yeeech. yeah.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

- Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm actually really laid back except for certain irritating things where people just don't know when to quit. Where things end up repeated or brought up again.

There's a couple topics which have achieved this status forever as well. I'm pretty much permanently irritated about them. I like to give people plenty of chances but it seems that in some regards they just never change and the way things will go are always predictable so it's kinda like "You know what, I'm sick of you doing this perpetually and I'm never going to be un-sick of it so you better fucking give it up or I will murder you."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I usually am aware of anger being present when it is, but often underestimate how bothered I am by it until the dam breaks in some way. I don't really give in to big scenes, but even internally it bothers me to feel that kind of anger welling up (at the same time as it is scarily satisfying!). I really don't like displaying out of control emotions in front of people, so have occasionally been embarrassed by anger or resentment coming out in tears when I didn't realize just how upset I actually was.

I'm pretty good at talking myself out of temporary bursts of anger because my emotions are fairly transient. I don't really set a lot of store by them other than as indicators suggesting what I might need to take a look at or be aware of. On the other hand, if the irritating issue is not addressed in some way, just avoiding the outburst does not mean the anger is gone. Sometimes I just have a hard time deciding at what point it's time to make a big deal out of something that's bothering me. Probably as I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate that conflict isn't always bad and also that the world won't end if people are upset at me or if I disagree with them.

There have only been a few times in my life that I actually fantasized about truly hurting someone when I was angry or that I got overwhelmingly feeling emotionally not in control (and I didn't act on them). I was really surprised to realize I had that in me. In retrospect, I see that I was living in very stressful conditions and it was an anger that was not all about the incident in question, but rather was a build up of situations over a period of months/years in which I was helpless to change the outcome, yet still needed to regularly be a part of to live where I did and to do my job.

I'm more likely to look for points of commonality, rather than points of tension or difference with other people. Mostly if I do express anger, it is because I have reached a point where I no longer care about what the other person thinks, or else I value the relationship so much that I am willing to risk the ensuing badness if I can not see any way of accommodating the other person further and I cannot go on in the present way with them. I think most of my anger is expressed only with the intent of it somehow changing the outcome, not just doing it for the sake of doing it.

Probably I need to learn to talk sooner about things that bother me, but I really want to be seen as a reasonable and not overly sensitive, dramatic person whom others then can't respect or take seriously.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Mostly if I do express anger, it is because I have reached a point where I no longer care about what the other person thinks, or else I value the relationship so much that I am willing to risk the ensuing badness if I can not see any way of accommodating the other person further and I cannot go on in the present way with them. I think most of my anger is expressed only with the intent of it somehow changing the outcome, not just doing it for the sake of doing it.
    That sounds very Fe.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

It's very controlled.