First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    9 fixed? I'm not familiar with that.. or I'm going senile.

I know 9's are peacemakers, & that I can often be viewed as a mediator, but I rarely care to directly engage in mediation for the sake of keeping the peace.. there always has to be a reason beyond that. If there isn't, I just let the chips fall where they may; it's not my problem. And if something actually matters, I'll forego diplomacy if I've exhausted that resource.

Either way- be it that I'm INFJ or just simply human, any emotional state experienced, I am highly sensitive to, and my decisions are heavily influenced by them. I rationalize to balance out that intensity, and over the course of my life have learned not to allow many things to impact me emotionally in negative ways, needlessly. It's freeing, and also gives me a sense of understanding of situations/people beyond my own kneejerk internal responses to them, beyond any emotional conditioning I may have experienced. I'm not speaking in absolutes, of course.

My highs are as equally intense as any low feelings, though ironically, I'm more apt to be wary of the high feelings. Take the rationalization overboard.. take it apart to make sure it's structurally sound, that it's "ok" to feel happy about it. That's likely a control sort of thing, to some extent. I need to understand systems, so I don't get the carpet pulled out from under me. Anger, like I said, doesn't really benefit or motivate me in any way, most of the time.. and probably growing up around very angry people sort of taught me how not to respond to that emotion. Not repress it, but to just deal with it, and work through it in the moment- not allow it to control me. With most intense feelings, I hit this internal brake before fully reacting, to gauge intellectually if the feeling is appropriate for the situation. Collect data to help with this. It's simply being careful, I guess. I realize intense reactions are connected to many different experiences/influences/associations/biases that we may not recognize consciously.. I try to make room for those blind spots.

Eh, this probably didn't answer your question, but it's all I got.
    In tritype theory it's proposed that we all have a fixation point in each of the three centers. I am thus asking what your gut fixation would be.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    In tritype theory it's proposed that we all have a fixation point in each of the three centers. I am thus asking what your gut fixation would be.
    Ginkgo was kind enough to pass this quiz on to me.

Results:

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

s
    Your trifix is 3w2, 7w6, 8w7.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 7 with a 6 wing: Type Seven individuals are energetic, engaging, and playful. They have a love for life and can easily jump from one exciting topic to the next. The Type Seven thought process is a bit scattered, but that’s because they are easily interested in many different things. This is why Type Seven is often called The Enthusiast. When in a growth state, Type Sevens become focused like Type Fives. When they’re stressed, they become a perfectionist like a Type One. The enthusiastic nature of the Type Seven combines with the cooperative nature of the Type Six, making the 7w6 a very outgoing type.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 8 with a 7 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Seven wing, which means that the outgoing nature of Seven combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create one of the most dynamic types in the Enneagram. Type 8w7s are a force to be reckoned with.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ginkgo was kind enough to pass this quiz on to me.

Results:

Hah. those tests are usually bad since they can't really discern the true motivations why people are the way they are. The best to figure out your tritype is to introspect.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Hah. those tests are usually bad since they can't really discern the true motivations why people are the way they are. The best to figure out your tritype is to introspect.
    Of course online tests don't cover everything. They're an aid in introspection.. I guess perhaps some people just let the internet do their thinking for them, entirely, though.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Of course online tests don't cover everything. They're an aid in introspection.. I guess perhaps some people just let the internet do their thinking for them, entirely, though.
    Hopefully if they get it somewhat right

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I started working on controlling my anger when I was about 11 years old.

Prior to that, my father and I would get into intense screaming matches throughout my life. I tortured my younger brother, and was very stubborn and independent, and did things my own way. In my mother's words, describing me to a friend a couple weeks ago, "Nobody could ever get <Maybe> to do anything she didn't want to do." It's not that I was disobedient and reckless, it's just that I made my own rules. I did amazingly in school, but I did all my homework for the last period during the next period. By the end of the day I just had one assignment left, and did it on the bus. Then, I spent the afternoons wandering the streets (even in elementary school), practicing piano, writing songs, writing books (around middle school), reading, climbing trees, wandering through the forest by myself. Nobody could stop me. I had so much energy and hardly ever slept. My parents would tell me, "You shouldn't do your homework during class" and I'd say, "My average is 102%. If you start telling me how I ought to do my work, I won't do it, and my grades will be worse." Or, if they told me to go to sleep on time, I'd tell them, "I'll wake myself up every day for school. The day I'm late you can start yelling at me again." Then I'd get the perfect attendance award. I would clearly lay out my terms. However, if they continued trying to control me, I'd yell, insult them, lash out, or run away. I always kept a bag packed just in case, and as a warning to them so they knew I meant business. I would not be controlled.

But my parents are both very high-IQ psychiatrists, so I was raised in an analytical environment, and picked up on this to a large degree. Around age 11 I realized I could win a fight with my dad through emotional stonewalling. He had a very strong temper (7w8) and would yell at me, and I'd go into robot mode, and say, calmly, "When you are prepared to have a rational discussion, I am too. For now, I hope you enjoy yelling." Or snarky sarcastic things like that. He would get so frustrated that he couldn't obtain a reaction that he would become more and more angry, slam the door, and leave. Then he would apologize and I would see that I'd won. Techniques like this gave me power, and I started seeing that showing my anger so much would make me vulnerable to "losing" or shooting myself in the foot. I can't control it all the time, and I'm still reactive, but I did some very serious emotional training, starting at a young age. I'd chalk it up to my parents' mindset and my 5-fix.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

My anger makes me feel greedy. I've come a long way to be able to control that, but it peaks in moments of weakness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

My anger is explosive and aggressive, consuming. I seek to humilitate, destroy, control, feel powerful, to dominate. Anger makes me feel strong and it's probably one of few emotions that I actively allow myself to experience because again, anger makes me feel strong and powerful, like I am in control.

I can have serious anger problems. When I was younger, I threw/broke things around the house and was very violent. I used to listen to things that I knew would make me angry because I found the intense feeling thrilling. My anger tends to be explosive though. I seem like I'm completely apathetic towards everything for a week or so and then I lose control. I decided to detach myself from situations and ignore people so I haven't lost my temper in a while which I'm very proud of.
    I really like cats and food.