• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] 9s (and any others), post your current ambitions and goals???

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes it is said that people who identify with the nine type are dreamers over doers. Sure, we can wipe our ass and hold down a job - but how often do we actually execute the ideas we conceive in our head, allowing them and the world the wondrous opportunity to see them actually manifest in reality?

For all the procrastinators, the timid, and for all of those in denial: wrench free from the plush, domestic confines of your mind and your existence and MAKE IT RAIN!!1!!

Metaphorically. And in the sense that you should come up with a simple outline for your current goals and follow through with them. Or just list them. And stuff. Whatever.

This gut is too quiet. Teh belly hungerz for more.

My current goals:

• Email my old professor to ask about any connections she may have concerning my interests.
• Email the man who unwittingly holds the fate of my search for understanding and direction and set up a meeting with him to discuss a side project of mine.
• Attend a law school application workshop.
• Go to work, focus on my homework exclusively when I am not preoccupied with my designated responsibilities.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes it is said that people who identify with the nine type are dreamers over doers. Sure, we can wipe our ass and hold down a job - but how often do we actually execute the ideas we conceive in our head, allowing them and the world the wondrous opportunity to see them actually manifest in reality?

For all the procrastinators, the timid, and for all of those in denial: wrench free from the plush, domestic confines of your mind and your existence and MAKE IT RAIN!!1!!

Metaphorically. And in the sense that you should come up with a simple outline for your current goals and follow through with them. Or just list them. And stuff. Whatever.

This gut is too quiet. Teh belly hungerz for more.

My current goals:

• Email my old professor to ask about any connections she may have concerning my interests.
• Email the man who unwittingly holds the fate of my search for understanding and direction and set up a meeting with him to discuss a side project of mine.
• Go to work, focus on my homework exclusively when I am not preoccupied with my designated responsibilities.

Hmm....sounds like an interesting exercise.

My long term goals

1) Get good at ballroom dancing
2) Get good at kung fu and learn about Taoism and its applications in my life
3) Tone up and/or get in shape to benefit items 1 and 2 and to look better
4) Continue to revise and better my methods and ways of doing my job so I can kick ass at it
5) Learn how to use various production software (Photoshop, Flash, etc..) and any code software that goes with it (Actionscript, PHP, SQL etc..) for my own interests and to expandable possible career options
6) Fall in love again, get married, have kids

Short term goals to achieve the long term goals

1) Take ballroom dance classes every week and go out dancing to the various events at every capable time
2) Go to kung fu classes every week. Practice at least 30 minutes a day on form, performing required cardio and warm up exercises along with it (push ups, sit ups, etc..). Read selections from the Tao Te Ching and various taoist websites for putting its philosophy into action.
3) Go to gym every other day or so to work on strength and cardio training. I'll increase the number of times I go to the gym to once a day once my body gets used to working out so much but right now I don't wish to push it and hurt myself.
4) Eat more and eat better. This I am having a bear of a time with because I'm always up and about so I'm having to eat out a lot or grab deli sandwiches. I would really like to take some time when I can to actually COOK something good for me
5) I've been learning how to make use of the technology at my disposal to increase my effeinciency as well as work on my time management techniques and properly delegating tasks to my co-workers (which can be tough as they don't always do it in the timely fashion I'd prefer them to do it in)
6) Take lynda.com classes to learn the programs. I finished a Dreamweaver course which was very helpful, on a Photoshop course, next I plan on taking either a javascript course, a PHP or VB.net course (Coldfusion is bloody frelling expensive), or a Flash/Actionscript course.
7) I'm hoping the above items along with application of certain social/emotional procedures (for lack of a better word) will help to strengthen my appeal to potential mates, improve my self esteem (which I direly need to do right now), and create a much more centered "me". Not ready to date yet just yet at this time.

Soooo....yeah. Keeping myself busy.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My current goals:

WTF

I don't see my avatar on the list.

I already did engineering and law school and I'm too tired to achieve now.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

:Y

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

6) Take lynda.com classes to learn the programs. I finished a Dreamweaver course which was very helpful, on a Photoshop course, next I plan on taking either a javascript course, a PHP or VB.net course (Coldfusion is bloody frelling expensive), or a Flash/Actionscript course.

I just looked at this website and felt like I've just had my program-prayers answered. What do you do that involves the sort of programs you listed? Web design?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
  1. Follow through with the degree I said I am sticking to until I graduate, whether I hate the degree I am getting or not. I don't want to be the people who spend-forever/never getting their degrees.
  2. With that degree, teach English abroad to get experience. Hoping I can teach abroad for maybe 3-4 years and become very fluent in the language of the place I am teaching at.
  3. During my free-time there, I'll do things related to my degree (don't want to forget things... do I?) I'll also blog about my time there.
  4. As for what I'll be doing once I come back the the U.S.? That might be a bit far. If a zombie apocalypse doesn't occur, there is a few routes I can go. As for that, I haven't made up my mind. I can go the good route or the evil route. :D

That, is my long-term goals. Short-term goals are a little more personal. But for those, I am already slowly working towards them.... I think. ;)

I'll probably join a group at my college the next semester. Depends on how well I do this semester, however, that group will be one of the springboards.

WTF

I don't see my avatar on the list.

Quit whining! Actually, keep whining. Two degrees are a lot already lol.

QUICK! Get the hardest doctoral degree you can think of!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Get a faithful fan base.
2. Find the people and the ideas that will fill in the blanks for my next bold move(s)
3. Get a better day job, aiming for one more germane to my vocation
4. Find new friends through these pursuits who have compatible objectives and ideals
5. Power and Peace

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Finish the enrollment process to the local university....no matter how stupid I think some of it is...
2. Quit my job and go back to school full time.
3. Start my own business.
4. Get back into writing.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I like this idea, for anyone really. Writing down goals is much more important than only noticing them. I need accountability.

1. Prove the Strategy Guide I helped create actually works
2. Follow through with a bit of exercise everyday: yoga, crunches, push-ups, walking, or elliptical.
3. Keep up with reading at least 3 books a month - not business related
4. Help expand the growth in my company to 15 more markets by the end of the year
5. Make time for a hobby / find one I will commit to because it brings me joy

I have others, but those are the ones I'm focusing on now.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wondering if this is a 9-fix thing or a w6 thing, when I try to come up with long term goals and I actually start taking stept towards them, I have this feeling in the back of my head that I'm not really ready to decide yet and i'm just going through the motions, I don't really want it but part of me thinks it's right so I go along with what I said I wanted just like I actually do want it.

idk, hard to explain, was thinking about it recently and thought this would be the place to ask