User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Fives and Nines

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    9s find it very easy to be in-sync with the world around them, in a way that 5s don't.
    5s find it easy to remove themselves from what's going on to think, in a way that 9s don't.
    Not trying to be difficult, but what would be an IRL example? I feel like both could be interpreted to different degrees, which affects how I'm trying to interpret it now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

In short, Nines have an active fantasy life and *think* that they have deep thoughts.
    lol. Patronising much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I used to think I was a type 5 but lo and behold my epic type 7 adventurousness could contain itself no longer! I don't care about this dumb passive and detached demeanor type 5s and 9s share!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    I'm just quoting stuff I've collected on the Internet. And by the way, I'm a Type 5 with Type 9 in my tritype... which can explain why I tend to relate to both descriptions to a great degree. I'm pretty sure my primary enneatype is 5 though.
    Tbh, descriptions like these are grating to read. I think I'm very defensive when it comes to my intellect, and things like this, describing nines, shits all over that.

Oh, yes, you can be intelligent, little Nine, my dear! Just in quite the same way as a Five. Tee hee!

No.

No.

I am fucking brilliant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Tbh, descriptions like these are grating to read. I think I'm very defensive when it comes to my intellect, and things like this, describing nines, shits all over that.

Oh, yes, you can be intelligent, little Nine, my dear! Just in quite the same way as a Five. Tee hee!

No.

No.

I am fucking brilliant.
    Hey, give me a break. I haven't read through the entire thing myself (I just ctrl+v-ed it from another thread on the same topic), and have mentioned nothing about vouching for the validity of the analysis. Besides, I believe you when you tell me you're brilliant.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Hey, give me a break. I haven't read through the entire thing myself (I just ctrl+v-ed it from another thread on the topic), and have mentioned nothing about vouching for the validity of the analysis.
    No, it's okay. I only hate the op for trying to shart all over my dreams.

As a side note, I think my reaction is an example of taking these sorts of descriptions too personally, lol. I guess it just hits a nerve.