• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Apparently I'm a 9. HALP!!!!

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so i pretty much know nothing about sixes. illuminate me!

not even 6s know about 6s XD

6s are the type that suffers the most from anxiety, and they have a lot of trust issues. If someone they trust a lot betrays them, they might not ever let anyone else get that close to them emotionally again. They're also known for having a lot of indecision when they try to type themselves, and the fact that they usually get any type except 6 when they take a RHETI test doesn't help much.

Another thing, 6s tend to have a golden relationship with their father/father figure in their life.

that's my personal experience about 6s anyway. maybe read over some 6 threads if your still interested?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/head-centers/57005-6s-easy-going-but-wound-up.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/head-centers/57449-6s-you-really-afraid.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rability-being-betrayed-caught-off-guard.html

You know you are a 9 if everyone loves you. :D

this... so much... :p

My official guess for your type: 6w5-9w?-4w?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, it's not so bad!

Any of that lazy/numb/conflict-avoidance bullshit is true to a point, but hardly encapsulates how the nine type can manifest. There are so many other good things, too! Like the fact that when we put our minds to something, we can TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Diplomacy is a way negative nine traits can manifest positively, I think. Since we naturally find conflict unpleasant, our ability to pinpoint what could be a point of contention can be used to try and resolve and reconcile, rather than ignore or gloss over!

I also find that I can very easily bounce back from negative events because I don't like to internalize bad energy. Sometimes this leads to problems, like forgetting how certain people can treat you poorly, or thinking that maybe if you do that stupid thing you did a second time, the end result won't be as bad as the first time you did it. Other times, however, if you consciously mind how ignoring or forgetting the consequences have hurt you, it can be an invaluable asset that serves more good than it does bad.

I don't know if this is a common nine thing, however, since that just may be me and my own flexibility.

Interestingly, though, it might be helpful to think of what you do when there is conflict occurring directly around you.

When I was younger, my mom and her husbands/boyfriend (this was throughout several years - my mother is not a floozy) would argue and yell A LOT, and I was always there. Sometimes, in the midst of their shouting matches, someone would always end up saying "Don't talk around your/my daughter like that!" But I never interacted, and basically carried on my business as usual as if they weren't there, and shut them out completely - no crying, no involvement, and I never tried to leave. I just went into my own head and ignored them.

It was incredibly passive of me, and I shut them out to try and keep myself as uninvolved as possible. That's pretty nine, especially since I never said or did anything to try and stop them, and would generally laugh it off when my mother would apologize later on.

It was a pretty alright coping mechanism, though I'm trying to train myself to not fear confronting an issue head on. It's difficult, since I've been doing the exact opposite for so many years, but I guess it's coming along.

Anyways, there's good and there is bad. Hopefully you find out your type, if only to satiate your curiosity. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lovemuffin! I discovered recently that I was a 9 too.

There's no hope for us.

Let's just stay in our pyjamas all day and have doritos and ice cream for breakfast, okay?

In all seriousness, you've always vibed as a 4 to me, but I vibe that way to some people too (I just said vibe ... teeheehee /immature) so who knows?

teeehee! VIBE. VIBE ON OVER HERE LOVEMUFFIN!!!

omg doritos and icecream for breakfast? I knew there was a reason i loved you! <3

Holy shit, there are two of you?!

:butterflee: :butterflee:

Also, in all seriousness, I'm reading up on all the information that has been placed before me. i think where i was getting my 5 from was confusing withdrawing from retreating. (i think that was the word i used yesterday...), but basically, although i withdraw, i still feel everything going on around me when it gets too hard, so there not that full separation of emotion from environment.

I can't understand that aspect of 5s, from a first person pov I mean, it sounds like a superpower or something.

You know you are a 9 if everyone loves you. :D

this... so much... :p

Lol. They do.

Unless they're jelly of her.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any of that lazy/numb/conflict-avoidance bullshit is true to a point, but hardly encapsulates how the nine type can manifest.

Very true. Most of the 9 descriptions seem to focus on the negative and unhealthy aspects of the 9. I suppose this is because passivity makes it easy for the 9 to slide into unhealthy states, but I think it's way overemphasized. Reading most 9 descriptions you'd think the 9s goal in life is to be a perpetual victim.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Very true. Most of the 9 descriptions seem to focus on the negative and unhealthy aspects of the 9. I suppose this is because passivity makes it easy for the 9 to slide into unhealthy states, but I think it's way overemphasized. Reading most 9 descriptions you'd think the 9s goal in life is to be a perpetual victim.

*sick*"perpetual victim" please don't use that term around me, it's disgusting, i hate "victims" if i feel violated i ask what i can do to fix it, and keep it to myself irl.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
*sick*"perpetual victim" please don't use that term around me, it's disgusting, i hate "victims" if i feel violated i ask what i can do to fix it, and keep it to myself irl.

Agreed.