User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    It's not always avoidance, more like a numbing. Being an E9 does not imply you're lazy, but mostly a mentality that everything will be good. You know you are a 9 if everyone loves you.
    Numbing is at lower/average levels [so someone who hasn't been at those levels will have a very hard time relating to it] and that alone doesn't say anything about the fact whether someone's a core 9 or not. Numbing is something 3's also experience at lower levels .. the difference being that 3's numb out from negative feelings surrounding failure and inadequacy --- but not for long.

Core 9's are conflict avoidant until pushed to an extreme and that's what ultimately separates them from the other types. Best way to tell whether someone is a 9 or not is through observing their patterns of behaviour surrounding conflict.

MBTI
    yupp

It's not always avoidance, more like a numbing. Being an E9 does not imply you're lazy, but mostly a mentality that everything will be good. You know you are a 9 if everyone loves you.
    so that's why i get along with people in general? i mean sure sometimes i don't, but i don't think i've had an enemy past the age of 12, when i was 12.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Lovemuffin! I discovered recently that I was a 9 too.

There's no hope for us.

Let's just stay in our pyjamas all day and have doritos and ice cream for breakfast, okay?

In all seriousness, you've always vibed as a 4 to me, but I vibe that way to some people too (I just said vibe ... teeheehee /immature) so who knows?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Numbing is at lower/average levels [so someone who hasn't been at those levels will have a very hard time relating to it] and that alone doesn't say anything about the fact whether someone's a core 9 or not. Numbing is something 3's also experience at lower levels .. the difference being that 3's numb out from negative feelings surrounding failure and inadequacy --- but not for long.

Core 9's are conflict avoidant until pushed to an extreme and that's what ultimately separates them from the other types. Best way to tell whether someone is a 9 or not is through observing their patterns of behaviour surrounding conflict.
    I meant just numbing instead of avoiding, didn't state we are always numb. An e9 is easy to spot when s/he fails to keep up with projects; not because they have lost anything in them, but they've lost themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so that's why i get along with people in general? i mean sure sometimes i don't, but i don't think i've had an enemy past the age of 12, when i was 12.
    Well that's the case for me too. I imagine it would be for most 9s.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

I avoid conflict like the plague. even if it's a relatively small issue, if conflict surrounds it i will avoid it.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Lovemuffin! I discovered recently that I was a 9 too.

There's no hope for us.

Let's just stay in our pyjamas all day and have doritos and ice cream for breakfast, okay?

In all seriousness, you've always vibed as a 4 to me, but I vibe that way to some people too (I just said vibe ... teeheehee /immature) so who knows?
    teeehee! VIBE. VIBE ON OVER HERE LOVEMUFFIN!!!

omg doritos and icecream for breakfast? I knew there was a reason i loved you! <3

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, in all seriousness, I'm reading up on all the information that has been placed before me. i think where i was getting my 5 from was confusing withdrawing from retreating. (i think that was the word i used yesterday...), but basically, although i withdraw, i still feel everything going on around me when it gets too hard, so there not that full separation of emotion from environment.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

The other thing is, the forum is my little safe place where i can vent without worrying that it will impact on my everyday life, apart from JJJ and Kasper, (oh and my brother is on here too occasionally, but he doesn't count, he knows I'm a freak) so i can delve into the depth of my brain and post all about it, but when i am truly withdrawn, I'm just not here. The other problem is, I'm bipolar, so essentially i have 3 states; Manic, Even and Depressed. All of them to a degree change my personality.

I meant just numbing instead of avoiding, didn't state we are always numb. An e9 is easy to spot when s/he fails to keep up with projects; not because they have lost anything in them, but they've lost themselves.
    Interesting ... though I would argue that other types can also fail to stay up to par on projects. But it's other behaviour surrounding that level of procrastination that's important to note. Case in point ... 7's are notorious for not being able to keep up with their projects .. but for them it's because they probably found them boring or not stimulating enough .. or found something else that was more interesting. Even 3's leave things unfinished, especially if they're not getting appreciation for it. For them it's an image thing.

That indicator is still iffy. What's important to note is why a person is failing to keep up with their project. My guess is that in the case of a 9, it's just plain laziness ... inability to get motivated to do so .. after all, sloth is their vice.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I wouldn't quite call it laziness, it's more that they are forced to do something when they want to be. It's the same kind of feeling switching gears for 9s like getting out of your bed early. At the lower levels I would call it laziness/numbing/whatever.

EP e7s can be the worst with projects
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~