User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My behaviour patterns are clearly 6, but what I can't wrap my head around is this idea that I'm supposed to be afraid all of the time. I've read people mentioning that counter phobic 6's aren't really brave, we're just secretly scaredy cats inside.

I guess in a way, you can say that me making a contingency plan, or steping up to something I dread is rooted in fear. But I don't experience it as proper fear, just as being alert or facing things head on. What I do is typically reactive, but I resent being seen as essentially timid. I just respond to things that I'm alerted to as potentially dangerous.

If you're a 6, how much fear do you really feel? Do you think feel you're essentially a mouse? Even if you're in a lion costume?
    Personally, I'm scared shitless most of the time. I can never get out of my head, and I'm constantly looking for things to go wrong. It takes a great deal of effort for me to relax. However, not all 6's are like this. For instance, many counter-phobic sixes that I meet are very reactive just like myself. However, most of them just face the fear head on and just don't give a damn what happens. With counter-phobic 6's you can still see the anxiety in them, but they just face it head on. Many of them often come off as bold and courageous as well. They aren't like the extremely phobic 6w7's like Scott Pilgram or something like that. They can look a lot like 8's. Joe Pesci would be a good example of a counter-phobic 6. However, most of the 6's that I am referencing here are 6w7's, and 6w5's are a lot different.

Now 6w5's aren't as reactive as 6w7's and you can't openly see the anxiety of their faces and in their body language like the 6w7's. Phobic 6w5's are often the doom and gloom conspiracy theorists that always think that the government is taking over and whatnot. They also tend to over prepare for any type of disaster ever. If you watch the show "Doom's Day Preppers" it paints a pretty good picture of phobic 6w5's. A good example of a phobic 6w5 can be seen on the popular show "White Collar" the character "Mazzie" is a phobic 6w5 sp/so. Counter phobic 6w5's also tend to think that things are going to hell all the time but they almost have like a CIA secret agent vibe to them, and can often look like 1's or 8's. They tend to be the strategic mastermind in many films and they have more of dark and villlan-like presence to them a lot of times, but not always. The great strategist Sun Tzu was probably a counter-phobic 6w5. A good TV example of a counter-phobic 6w5 would be Michael Weston from "Burn Notice".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Now 6w5's aren't as reactive as 6w7's and you can't openly see the anxiety of their faces and in their body language like the 6w7's. Phobic 6w5's are often the doom and gloom conspiracy theorists that always think that the government is taking over and whatnot. They also tend to ]over prepare for any type of disaster ever [...] A good TV example of a counter-phobic 6w5 would be Michael Weston from "Burn Notice".
    Absolutely to both of these. I worked with a woman I think was an ISTP cp 6w5 and she was always going on about how everyone was trying to screw our department over, and conspiracy theories in the company, and conspiracy theories in the government, and so on. She was usually serious about it, but sometimes she'd get a glint in her eye and you could tell she kind of enjoyed being feisty. We all loved her because she was a softie inside and really protective, but she was totally the doomsday-prepper type. She kept all of her work supplies in a padlocked box and flipped out if anything wasn't in its place when she got there in the morning. She had a morning routine that would consist of coming in 30 minutes early (against the rules), eating a pastry in the back (against the rules), and leaving as early as possible in the day (against the rules), but other rules she followed to a T. She always did her job and did it well but she'd rant the whole time if she was riled up and would try to clear the hell out ASAP. Once her husband went to church with a black eye because he'd run into something and she told everyone she hit him to cover his embarrassment for it, even though all of us knew she'd never hurt a fly. She was fun. I miss her.

Though sometimes she and another coworker who I think is INFJ 6w7, SUPER phobic, would kind of wind each other up, and they'd just flip each other out completely, and that would suck. They'd be like two horsemen of the Apocalypse.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Have we verified what Enneagramists have known for 45 years?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Absolutely to both of these. I worked with a woman I think was an ISTP cp 6w5 and she was always going on about how everyone was trying to screw our department over, and conspiracy theories in the company, and conspiracy theories in the government, and so on. She was usually serious about it, but sometimes she'd get a glint in her eye and you could tell she kind of enjoyed being feisty. We all loved her because she was a softie inside and really protective, but she was totally the doomsday-prepper type. She kept all of her work supplies in a padlocked box and flipped out if anything wasn't in its place when she got there in the morning. She had a morning routine that would consist of coming in 30 minutes early (against the rules), eating a pastry in the back (against the rules), and leaving as early as possible in the day (against the rules), but other rules she followed to a T. She always did her job and did it well but she'd rant the whole time if she was riled up and would try to clear the hell out ASAP. Once her husband went to church with a black eye because he'd run into something and she told everyone she hit him to cover his embarrassment for it, even though all of us knew she'd never hurt a fly. She was fun. I miss her.

Though sometimes she and another coworker who I think is INFJ 6w7, SUPER phobic, would kind of wind each other up, and they'd just flip each other out completely, and that would suck. They'd be like two horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    Well thank you for agreeing with me.