First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My behaviour patterns are clearly 6, but what I can't wrap my head around is this idea that I'm supposed to be afraid all of the time. I've read people mentioning that counter phobic 6's aren't really brave, we're just secretly scaredy cats inside.

I guess in a way, you can say that me making a contingency plan, or steping up to something I dread is rooted in fear. But I don't experience it as proper fear, just as being alert or facing things head on. What I do is typically reactive, but I resent being seen as essentially timid. I just respond to things that I'm alerted to as potentially dangerous.

If you're a 6, how much fear do you really feel? Do you think feel you're essentially a mouse? Even if you're in a lion costume?
    I have never thought of myself as a particularly fearful person at all. If anything, I thought the opposite. I took the Clifton Strengths Finder test several years ago and my top strength was Command. If you read the description, it does not at all sound like someone who fearful. It was a bit of a revelation to understand what it is to be a 6 and how fear plays into my motivations. I can provide one concrete example. I have always had a drive to accumulate enough money so that that I don't have to worry about it. I could get sick. I could lose my job. Any number of bad things could happen. So, the underlying motivation for this drive to be successful and accumulate enough $ is fear of something bad happening and wanting the security of something to fall back on in the event that it does.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal are both on 6 type lists. I disagree with the stereo type of 6's being fearful of everything. I'm sure there are many badass 8's that look up to Chuck and Steven.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Man, they don't mean fear like that!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Man, they don't mean fear like that!
    I read your post up higher. That was awesome, BTW. Partially I'm talking about enneagram description references to 6 fear. But also, I'm talking about other people's conceptions of 6s, and I was hoping also this thread could give a bit more insight to those who do assume we are afraid all of the time.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

six are concerned with what could go wrong. will step up when no one will. they crave the protection of authority but also dont trust it and find themselves questioning while others don`t. its push pull with them.

i think they can be more courageous than most other types
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Everybody defines 6 differently. How do you all even know that you are a 6? What if you don't even have an enneagram type. How would you even know? (Yes, it's revelant to the thread because this isn't clear, unless you want to claim I'm an idiot, which is fine, since I don't really care that much anyway)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Everybody defines 6 differently. How do you all even know that you are a 6? What if you don't even have an enneagram type. How would you even know? (Yes, it's revelant to the thread because this isn't clear, unless you want to claim I'm an idiot, which is fine, since I don't really care that much anyway)
    You seem confused.

You seem confused.
    Considering the sketchy nature of truth in epistemology, probably - the more confused someone is, the higher their credibility.

Are you credible Orangey? Or are you one of the preachers that pretend to know everything exactly, as if things are so simple for someone who finds them-self more aware?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Considering the sketchy nature of truth in epistemology, probably - the more confused someone is, the higher their credibility.

Are you credible Orangey? Or are you one of the preachers that pretend to know everything exactly, as if things are so simple for someone who finds them-self more aware?
    Edit: Nevermind.

No, I'm not credible. I'm incredible. Baha. Bahahahaha.

I like the way this description differentiates the common use of "fear" from fear as the vice of the type 6.
    Could you cite the sources for these? I need to eat them up, I love them so.
    Hello