123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default 6s - Primary Vulnerability - Being Betrayed and Caught Off Guard

It is said that 6s primary area of vulnerability is, "being betrayed and caught offguard."(From "Nine Lenses of the World"). Fellow 6s, do you think this is true? Has it happened to you?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I react poorly when I feel I'm betrayed. I become very defensive, even with those who have done nothing to me. I think it has to do with the loyalty 6s are known for, and I just cannot fathom doing some of the shit people do to betray others' trust. I also feel.... a person that was close to me did this, now what makes me think some random person out on the street won't.

The worst betrayal I experienced made me physically ill, I lost about 20 pounds, my digestive system was screwed up, and I suffered severe insomnia. I was very caught off guard though I had a suspicion that I was being betrayed. When I found out about it, I was a new mother with twin infants. It sort of pushed me over the edge. It was one of the less pleasant experiences in my life.

So I can relate most definitely.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

It's one of the only things that really feels world-changingly dramatic to me. That is, when I have been betrayed, I was so shaken that it changed certain aspects of my worldview permanently.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I take one of my shoes off and throw it at their head.

If they aren't present at that moment in time I keep myself at that emotional level and hop around on one shoe until I meet them again.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Maybe.. I don't know. I wonder if I'm jaded enough that I don't feel like I give anybody the opportunity to betray me. Now, that doesn't sound very healthy, does it?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeah, I agree, more or less. It would probably also be true to say that I haven't suffered massive betrayals. Minor ones (in the grand scheme), yeah. But they felt big. Sometimes it is partly my fault. I may have given someone more trust or power over me than they were aware I was giving them - so to speak.

The concept of betrayal basically makes me sick though. I have a hard enough time with the minor forms, that I wonder if I'd survive a spouse's betrayal or something like that. And I mean "survive" in every sense of the word.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think I've ever been betrayed. I have a fuzzy idea of what betrayal would even look like, actually - I don't really expect much from anyone and none of my friends would do anything malicious to me. How have you guys been betrayed?

Being caught off-guard, yes. I don't like not knowing what to expect.
    -end of thread-

ReflecTcelfeR

Betrayal is foreign to me, too.

I don't like surprises, unless it was actually worth being a surprise.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I don't think I've ever been betrayed. I have a fuzzy idea of what betrayal would even look like, actually - I don't really expect much from anyone and none of my friends would do anything malicious to me. How have you guys been betrayed?

Being caught off-guard, yes. I don't like not knowing what to expect.
    I'd call lying a kind of betrayal, at least? People who you trust deceiving you?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'd call lying a kind of betrayal, at least? People who you trust deceiving you?
    Hmm....I don't know that I've ever caught someone in a lie about anything meaningful. White lies, maybe, but I don't count any lie I'd make myself. The closest to that I've seen is people promising to do something or show up and then flaking, but I wouldn't really call that betrayal.

Maybe I'm just really oblivious and/or lucky with my friends. or forgetful when it happens. I also have pretty low expectations for other people, so maybe that's part of it.
    -end of thread-